Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:16 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:50 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:13 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:53 pm wrote:Leeds have just sold one of their attackers. I wonder if they'll make a move for Ryan Kent now. Bielsa attended the Bradford friendly to personally watch him.

What was Jurgen's nett spend? £77m wasn't it? Take off the £9m we're getting for Mingolet and that makes it £68m. If we can get £20m for Kent that will take it to £48m! £48m over 4 years!
2 CL finals, a Europa League final, League Cup final and a runners up spot (and record points total) in the prem for £12m a year. Championship clubs spend more than that these days.
We need to tighten our belts though, we're not Man City you know.

***** off with your bitchy posts mate. You're so f*cking tiresome spamming up every thread with the same Sh*t. You may have been around a while but you've become the typical modern day internet fan obsessed with big money signings. The football is almost a side show for you. Pathetic.

There needs to be a balance and patience

Right now there is too much doom and gloom because we haven’t spent millions but this team won the CL and nearly won the title - it’s a world class team and the manager has shown he has the ability to improve players

It’s a shame people can’t wait and see , and give the manager a chance
Last edited by Lallana in Pyjamas on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:20 pm

Pig Catcher » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:50 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:53 pm wrote:Leeds have just sold one of their attackers. I wonder if they'll make a move for Ryan Kent now. Bielsa attended the Bradford friendly to personally watch him.

What was Jurgen's nett spend? £77m wasn't it? Take off the £9m we're getting for Mingolet and that makes it £68m. If we can get £20m for Kent that will take it to £48m! £48m over 4 years!
2 CL finals, a Europa League final, League Cup final and a runners up spot (and record points total) in the prem for £12m a year. Championship clubs spend more than that these days.

***** off with your bitchy posts mate. You're so f*cking tiresome spamming up every thread with the same Sh*t. You may have been around a while but you've become the typical modern day internet fan obsessed with big money signings. The football is almost a side show for you. Pathetic.

This is harsh imo. You may not agree with him, but it's Yakka's opinion and he is entitled to voice it here. The whole idea of a forum is to share/discuss thoughts, even though you may not agree with some of them yourself. From his posts, he just seems genuinely concerned we haven't added to the squad to take as a step or two up....no issue with and I can totally understand why some may have that point of view.

Unfortunately, I do find that within our fan base if someone doesn't go along with the general happy clapping narrative and may question a few things, they more often than not get turned upon.
Doeboy

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:35 am

This team will get better Yakka, City have older players that have moved on or they are declining due to age and/or injury risks (De Bruyne, Aguero), they also lost their leader and captain in Kompany. Fernandinho was their most important player last year and when he did not play they were clearly worse, I saw nothing in Rodri (early I know) to say he will be an improvement on Fernandinho who is now 34 years old.

Us on the other hand are a younger team that are improving. Only Milner would probably play worse this year due to his age but he is James Milner, fittest man on the team. We lost no one of note and as a team we are closer but not yet at our peak and having been a settled team for another year, we surely will be better. The only place we could have improved the first team is in midfield but that would require a special player that works as hard as ours yet offers more creativity, not an easy player to find and could easily upset the chemistry in the team. I think Keita will have a good year this year and actually will be like a new signing as we never got a 50 million pound midfielder last year, this year I think he will be more settled and will show us why we bought him. Sure major injuries could upset our season but that could be said about any team including City and you can’t keep superstar players on the bench without it negatively affecting moral.

We will be better this year Yakka, have faith in our young and now more experienced team to improve from within. You don’t have to spend for the sake of it if you are Klopp, you just have to improve the team.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:28 pm

Wilson apparently on his way for a medical at Bournemouth ahead of a loan deal.

I thought our stance was that it was sale only and no more loan moves.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:50 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:28 pm wrote:Wilson apparently on his way for a medical at Bournemouth ahead of a loan deal.

Was that not just for Kent ?
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:52 pm

red till i die!! » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:28 pm wrote:Wilson apparently on his way for a medical at Bournemouth ahead of a loan deal.

I thought the likes of Wilson were to be our back-up players if any of our forwards were unavailable, and now we send him on loan again?Strange decision really. A strange transfer window altogether actually. Don't think we need a lot of improvement but not signing a single player of notice is very strange and a bit worrying. Not only that, but our squad gets thinner by the day by the looks of it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:38 pm

What's these crazy Fabinho to Real Madrid rumours for £68m?

If that did actually happen I'd be very worried about the future of this club.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:41 pm

damjan193 wrote:
red till i die!! » Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:28 pm wrote:Wilson apparently on his way for a medical at Bournemouth ahead of a loan deal.

I thought the likes of Wilson were to be our back-up players if any of our forwards were unavailable, and now we send him on loan again?Strange decision really. A strange transfer window altogether actually. Don't think we need a lot of improvement but not signing a single player of notice is very strange and a bit worrying. Not only that, but our squad gets thinner by the day by the looks of it.

I think we would have to suffer a lot of injuries for Wilson to be a regular in the side. I also think the lad is a good player and although young he keeps the balance on that side.
The loan doesnt have an option to buy so he will be back.

Disapointed about transfers myself but not surprised the squad is thinning a bit by losing the likes of Kent, Wilson and woodburn.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:43 pm

red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby fivecups » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:32 pm

kazza » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:35 am wrote:

This team will get better Yakka, City have older players that have moved on or they are declining due to age and/or injury risks (De Bruyne, Aguero), they also lost their leader and captain in Kompany. Fernandinho was their most important player last year and when he did not play they were clearly worse, I saw nothing in Rodri (early I know) to say he will be an improvement on Fernandinho who is now 34 years old.

Us on the other hand are a younger team that are improving. Only Milner would probably play worse this year due to his age but he is James Milner, fittest man on the team. We lost no one of note and as a team we are closer but not yet at our peak and having been a settled team for another year, we surely will be better. The only place we could have improved the first team is in midfield but that would require a special player that works as hard as ours yet offers more creativity, not an easy player to find and could easily upset the chemistry in the team. I think Keita will have a good year this year and actually will be like a new signing as we never got a 50 million pound midfielder last year, this year I think he will be more settled and will show us why we bought him. Sure major injuries could upset our season but that could be said about any team including City and you can’t keep superstar players on the bench without it negatively affecting moral.

We will be better this year Yakka, have faith in our young and now more experienced team to improve from within. You don’t have to spend for the sake of it if you are Klopp, you just have to improve the team.

Excellent post, particularly the bit about a new midfielder, given our preferred 4-3-3 the player must be a worker, they cannot be a creative MF who doesn't put the yards in or else we will be over-run (teams have exploited our MF 3 already last season). A player that can work and create is hard to come by. As always luck will play a part this season but a supporter I'm hoping it's the one, we certainly in a better position than I can remember to challenge.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:51 pm

Barcelona have put Couthino up for loan I will be fuming if he ends up at a PL rival we should be getting a deal done to bring him back.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:30 pm

parchpea » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:51 pm wrote:Barcelona have put Couthino up for loan I will be fuming if he ends up at a PL rival we should be getting a deal done to bring him back.

Why ? We moved forward when he left and treated us like ***** - he paid to leave the club. Time to move on from him, just look at who ineffective he was against us. Klopp won’t entertain him coming back - he faked an injury and disrespected the manager , his teammates and the fans
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:49 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:30 pm wrote:
parchpea » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:51 pm wrote:Barcelona have put Couthino up for loan I will be fuming if he ends up at a PL rival we should be getting a deal done to bring him back.

Why ? We moved forward when he left and treated us like ***** - he paid to leave the club. Time to move on from him, just look at who ineffective he was against us. Klopp won’t entertain him coming back - he faked an injury and disrespected the manager , his teammates and the fans

Well said
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:43 pm

Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:30 pm wrote:

I'd quite like to see him back....but equally, I can't really argue with any of the above...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lallana in Pyjamas » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:20 pm

If he had left like Xabi for example then would have him back and I reckon he could be back but his actions meant he will never be welcomed back
Lallana in Pyjamas
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill