Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 pm

After Allison we will have spent 170m. I doubt we will signing another player who is 40m+. I get the feeling we are done now aftet Allison arrives.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:26 pm

redshade » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:19 pm wrote:After Allison we will have spent 170m. I doubt we will signing another player who is 40m+. I get the feeling we are done now aftet Allison arrives.

Think it could still happen, given a few will leave. We've got 10 million for Ward and pushing for 20 million for Ings.  Might even get a pound or two for Markovic to take the incoming fees to 30,000,002  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:32 pm

redshade » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:19 pm wrote:After Allison we will have spent 170m. I doubt we will signing another player who is 40m+. I get the feeling we are done now aftet Allison arrives.

dont forget we will also be offloading players so the balance is going to drop....
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:34 pm

The manager has to offload some players as well to balance the books, probably over 50m worth.

I personally would SELL for definate:  Karius, Ward, Origi, Ings, Sturridge, Milner, Lallana (due to injuries). So there's probably 60m worth of outgoings there.
I would Loan out: Wilson, Woodburn, Kent, Solanke, Ojo, Curtis Jones, Gomez and a couple more etc.

Up to Klopp If he decides to go for Fekir or not. it depends whether he thinks Shaqiri is sufficient enough in that sort of position.

That is the only other possible transfer out there for us now, and I believe that if we haven't done the Fekir deal by the END OF JULY I don't think it will happen.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:42 pm

Neil Jones
‏Verified account @neiljonesgoal

I asked Klopp if he feels he has everything he needs for a title challenge now (after Alisson signing).

"I don’t know. We will see. We have everything we need for the next season, because I don’t think we will do anything more [in the market]. I’m pretty sure of that." #LFC
Eagle

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:45 pm

Eagle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:42 pm wrote:Neil Jones
‏Verified account @neiljonesgoal

I asked Klopp if he feels he has everything he needs for a title challenge now (after Alisson signing).

"I don’t know. We will see. We have everything we need for the next season, because I don’t think we will do anything more [in the market]. I’m pretty sure of that." #LFC

Still think Fekir will happen...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:30 am

I believe we're done. I think the Fekir money went towards Allison, which I don't mind. Great window regardless.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:41 pm

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:13 pm

Cum on load of ***** we are trying to get rid of deadwood not collect more
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:02 am

damjan193 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:30 am wrote:I believe we're done. I think the Fekir money went towards Allison, which I don't mind. Great window regardless.

Agreed
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:04 pm

I can't see us signing Fekir myself, I think our business is done for this window.
I suppose at home against the lesser lights of the division we could always play Shaquiri, Lallana or even Sturridge in that Coutinho/AM position if we wanted to get more attackers on the pitch. One or two might raise their eyebrows at the idea of Sturridge playing behind the striker but his through balls have probably been the highlight of our pre season so far. His vision is as good as anyone's at the club and he looks lean and fit.
Obviously he doesn't work hard enough off the ball to play him against any of the big teams but when sides are sitting back and are clearly out to get a draw he could be a good option. He knows where the net is too of course.

Alisson

Trent.                           Matip.                       VVD.                     Robertson

Keita.                        Fabinho

Sturridge

Salah.                                                                  Mane
                                                               Firmino

Wouldn't bother me to see that team take the field against say, Watford or Newcastle at home.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:04 pm wrote:I can't see us signing Fekir myself, I think our business is done for this window.
I suppose at home against the lesser lights of the division we could always play Shaquiri, Lallana or even Sturridge in that Coutinho/AM position if we wanted to get more attackers on the pitch. One or two might raise their eyebrows at the idea of Sturridge playing behind the striker but his through balls have probably been the highlight of our pre season so far. His vision is as good as anyone's at the club and he looks lean and fit.
Obviously he doesn't work hard enough off the ball to play him against any of the big teams but when sides are sitting back and are clearly out to get a draw he could be a good option. He knows where the net is too of course.

Alisson

Trent.                           Matip.                       VVD.                     Robertson

Sturridge

Firmino

Wouldn't bother me to see that team take the field against say, Watford or Newcastle at home.

I'd swap Sturridge for Firmino in that position - As he is still arguably our most natural finisher? + Bobby has much more skill and vision.
However, the site of green grass with white line markings will have sturridge on the medical table.
I think the club have conceded to the fact his contract will run down before finding him a new club.
He's just too much of a health risk.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:52 pm

Most of the noise coming out of the club suggests we won't be signing anyone else. That said we denied a bid for Alisson the day before a few was agreed so can't rule anything out but I'm 90% certain we're done.

Keeper sorted and midfield bolstered no end. Great job as far as I'm concerned.
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:23 pm

johnbarnes » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:43 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:04 pm wrote:I can't see us signing Fekir myself, I think our business is done for this window.

Alisson

Sturridge

Firmino

I'd swap Sturridge for Firmino in that position - As he is still arguably our most natural finisher? + Bobby has much more skill and vision.
However, the site of green grass with white line markings will have sturridge on the medical table.
I think the club have conceded to the fact his contract will run down before finding him a new club.
He's just too much of a health risk.

Hmm, seems a lot of people have quickly forgotten what a fit Lallana brings to the team.

Fully expect to see him operating as our attacking AM behind our front three.

Take Sturridge out of the above line up, stick (a fit) Lalanna in there and I'll put my money on them every time.

:buttrock

:nod

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:42 pm

We could even play Keita as a CAM with Hendo and Fabinho holding.. we have plenty of options so I wouldn't be overly upset if we don't get Fekir.

I think this is the best transfer window I can ever think of.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill