Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:17 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:03 pm wrote:Fekir has rejected a contract extension with Lyon and will sign with us on 4th of August. That's according to French Journalist Jean Sebastien.

I think Lyon are just waiting for us to make a move.

Fake account mate.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:42 am

Apparently there's an article in either today's or yesterday's Financial Times which says that the richest man living in Britain (Alisha Usmanov) has finally given up on his quest to buy out Stan Kroenke at Arsenal and wants to sell his 30% stake in the club.
Given Usmanov's mate Moshiri is at Everton people are speculating that Usmanov could be clearing the decks so he can commit fully to Everton.
Hopefully this is a case of people adding 1 + 1 and getting 5 but there is a chance that Everton are about to turn into the next Manchester City #gulp#
According to Arsenal fans Usmanov was fully prepared to bankroll them to the title/CL but he refused pour billions of his own money into a club where he didn't hold the majority stake, that's why Arsenal fans have wanted Kroenke to sell up for years infact Usmanov offered Kroenke £1.1bn for his stake in the club but Kroenke replied with a cheeky £500m counter offer for Usmanov's stake.
Looks like Usmanov has finally got fed up and it looks like Everton are about to be the big beneficiaries
:lookaround
Arsenal fans are acting like it's the end of the world, Usmanov taking full control was their big hope.
Nothing is certain yet but this could potentially have massive ramifications for the prem, this fella makes Abramovitch look like a pauper, as I said he's the richest man living in Britain.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:54 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:42 am wrote:Apparently there's an article in either today's or yesterday's Financial Times which says that the richest man living in Britain (Alisha Usmanov) has finally given up on his quest to buy out Stan Kroenke at Arsenal and wants to sell his 30% stake in the club.
Given Usmanov's mate Moshiri is at Everton people are speculating that Usmanov could be clearing the decks so he can commit fully to Everton.
Hopefully this is a case of people adding 1 + 1 and getting 5 but there is a chance that Everton are about to turn into the next Manchester City #gulp#
According to Arsenal fans Usmanov was fully prepared to bankroll them to the title/CL but he refused pour billions of his own money into a club where he didn't hold the majority stake, that's why Arsenal fans have wanted Kroenke to sell up for years infact Usmanov offered Kroenke £1.1bn for his stake in the club but Kroenke replied with a cheeky £500m counter offer for Usmanov's stake.
Looks like Usmanov has finally got fed up and it looks like Everton are about to be the big beneficiaries
Arsenal fans are acting like it's the end of the world, Usmanov taking full control was their big hope.
Nothing is certain yet but this could potentially have massive ramifications for the prem, this fella makes Abramovitch look like a pauper, as I said he's the richest man living in Britain.

Who cares..?
Am a RED!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:05 pm

FFP hasn't done everything it intended too but it's certainly more difficult for individuals to bankroll clubs. The Chelsea and Man City stories couldn't have happened in the same way today. Inflated sponsorship deals like Man City and PSG have are possible, as are dodgy player sales with the likes of China as Chelsea have done. But I don't see how a rich Arab or Russian could get away with buying a club and splashing 200mil of their own money on players.

Maybe Usmanov is thinking it's a good time to get his money out of the country. Abramovich has put Chelsea's new stadium on hold. Most of these Russian billionaires have links to the Russian government and with the UK-Russian relationship as bad as it's been for decades we may see them lose interest.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:05 pm

johnbarnes » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:54 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:42 am wrote:Apparently there's an article in either today's or yesterday's Financial Times which says that the richest man living in Britain (Alisha Usmanov) has finally given up on his quest to buy out Stan Kroenke at Arsenal and wants to sell his 30% stake in the club.

Who cares..?
Am a RED!

....who obviously doesn't live in Liverpool. Anyone who lives side by side with Evertonians would definitely care. They are hard work now and they haven't had a good side for 30 odd years!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:10 pm

Eagle » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:05 am wrote:FFP hasn't done everything it intended too but it's certainly more difficult for individuals to bankroll clubs. The Chelsea and Man City stories couldn't have happened in the same way today. Inflated sponsorship deals like Man City and PSG have are possible, as are dodgy player sales with the likes of China as Chelsea have done. But I don't see how a rich Arab or Russian could get away with buying a club and splashing 200mil of their own money on players.

Maybe Usmanov is thinking it's a good time to get his money out of the country. Abramovich has put Chelsea's new stadium on hold. Most of these Russian billionaires have links to the Russian government and with the UK-Russian relationship as bad as it's been for decades we may see them lose interest.

Maybe, we'll have to wait and see I suppose. The thought of that crowd doing a City though is almost too much to bear.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:10 pm wrote:
Eagle » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:05 am wrote:FFP hasn't done everything it intended too but it's certainly more difficult for individuals to bankroll clubs. The Chelsea and Man City stories couldn't have happened in the same way today. Inflated sponsorship deals like Man City and PSG have are possible, as are dodgy player sales with the likes of China as Chelsea have done. But I don't see how a rich Arab or Russian could get away with buying a club and splashing 200mil of their own money on players.

Maybe, we'll have to wait and see I suppose. The thought of that crowd doing a City though is almost too much to bear.

We've just been beaten in a CL final. We can beat ALL of the Snake oil Clubs on our day.
Our squad is improving and their understanding of what our manager demands...
Worrying over sh!t that hasn't happened yet is pointless and just SKY SPORTS drama for drama's sake.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:04 pm

Rumours circulating still in twitter that Fekir might be a last minute deal and will sign on 4th August. Also, a deal for Vida for 22m also.

I wonder if there is another twist in this transfer window??
Last edited by Ghost of Shankly on Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:18 pm

In addition to Keita, a DM, AM, wide foward, GK and a CB. That seemed to be the aim for this summer with the CB the lowest priority. We have the GK, DM and wide foward. I don't think we'll get the CB but I do think we'll get the AM. If we really had given up on Fekir in June we would have moved on to someone else like we did with Zielinski/Gini, Gotze/Mane, Brandt/Salah, etc.
Eagle

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:32 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:05 am wrote:
johnbarnes » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:54 am wrote:

Who cares..?
Am a RED!

....who obviously doesn't live in Liverpool. Anyone who lives side by side with Evertonians would definitely care. They are hard work now and they haven't had a good side for 30 odd years!

+ 1
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:48 pm

Who cares..?
Am a RED!
[/quote]

....who obviously doesn't live in Liverpool. Anyone who lives side by side with Evertonians would definitely care. They are hard work now and they haven't had a good side for 30 odd years![/quote]
+ 1[/quote]

My brother-in-law is bitter
I simply dismiss him with silence. My club / team speaks for itself.
  :laugh:
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:25 am

Anyone see Klopp's response when asked about Fekir yesterday? Doesn't look like we've walked away. Sounds like we'd do it in this window/January/next summer if a deal can be agreed. Like the Lyon chairman said, the final week of the window is going to be crazy.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:11 pm

Eagle » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:25 am wrote:Anyone see Klopp's response when asked about Fekir yesterday? Doesn't look like we've walked away. Sounds like we'd do it in this window/January/next summer if a deal can be agreed. Like the Lyon chairman said, the final week of the window is going to be crazy.

Possibly, I think we'll have to see some outgoings before we bring anyone else in though.
Interestingly enough I see Christian Pulisic has been saying nice things about Jurgen/LFC in the press, I can't see that deal happening though, least not in this window anyway, we've already forked out a lot of dough this summer and given his age he'd probably cost around £100m.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:38 pm

Funny you say that because Pulicic has ended talks with Dortmund over a new contract so I'm guessing they'll be wanting to cash in.. £65m looks to be his valuation.

I've never really seen him play very often and always thought he was abit overrated. Anyone seen him play on a more regular basis?
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:17 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:38 pm wrote:Funny you say that because Pulicic has ended talks with Dortmund over a new contract so I'm guessing they'll be wanting to cash in.. £65m looks to be his valuation.

I've never really seen him play very often and always thought he was abit overrated. Anyone seen him play on a more regular basis?

Whenever I watched him play he looked like a Klopp type player. He is quick, good feet and runs a lot, I'd take him for 65 million, also a well behaved professional player. If we could somehow get him I think that makes us the team to beat in any competition for the next few years.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill