Agree about an AM, sign one of those and we could run City close this season
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:11 pm

Add Fekir and we've got an awesome squad and first xi
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:22 pm

redshade » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:11 pm wrote:Add Fekir and we've got an awesome squad and first xi

Given the awful news that AOC is going to miss the whole of next season we need someone like Fekir even more now.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:47 pm

Amazing window thus far, showed some real intent. Nothing is sure until we see the players in action of course, but we really look like we might challenge for the title. Any other signing will be a bonus for me.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:12 pm

Although I'm not convinced Alisson is worth the money we have spent on him what it does mean is that we have improved the spine of our team significantly.

Alisson - VVD - Keita - our front 3

thats as good as anything in the division imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:55 am

Clemence
Neal  Lawro   Hansen  Kennedy

Alisson
TAA    VVD  Lovren  Robertson

By the end of the season they could as tight a unit as we had in the past. (Lovren/Matip).

Game on.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:37 am

Any news on Fekir. English media very mixed on whether we're going to continue our pursuit
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:24 am

Klopptomaniac » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:37 am wrote:Any news on Fekir. English media very mixed on whether we're going to continue our pursuit

I wouldn't take much notice of them. This time last week they were telling us that Danny Ward was going be our number one this season and now we're on the verge of buying a GK for a world record fee.

If we did sign Fekir he wouldn't be back in training until the week the season starts and wouldn't be fit to play until late August/early September. I'm guessing it's a bit of a game of chicken between ourselves and Lyon with Fekir involved too.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:15 pm

James Pearce‏Verified account @JamesPearceEcho
Danny Ward’s shot at becoming #LFC No 1 didn’t last long.
Wales international in talks to sign for Leicester City. Liverpool prepared to off-load him now Alisson coming in.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:21 pm

Neil Jones - Liverpool FC correspondent for Goal (formerly of the Liverpool ECHO)

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/leiceste ... oq8gl7f1bp

Leicester open talks with Liverpool over £12m Ward transfer

The Reds stopper could leave Anfield on a permanent deal as Jurgen Klopp breaks the goalkeeper transfer record to sign Alisson from Roma

Liverpool are in talks with Leicester over the £12million ($13.5m) transfer of goalkeeper Danny Ward.

The Welshman is expected to miss the Reds’ friendly with Blackburn Rovers on Thursday night as he closes in on a move away from Anfield.

Liverpool are themselves set to finalise the £67m ($87m) signing of Alisson Becker, with the Roma ‘keeper undergoing a medical on Merseyside ahead of a world-record switch.

Ward had been set to get a chance to impress Jurgen Klopp this summer after a season spent as third-choice behind Loris Karius and Simon Mignolet. Anfield sources had even indicated, as recently as last week, that the 25-year-old could start the campaign as No.1.

However, the Reds have made significant moves since then, landing their top transfer target in Alisson. With Karius and Mignolet still on the books, Klopp is willing to allow Ward to leave and get the first-team football he believes he deserves.

Ward has made three senior appearances for Liverpool, but enjoyed successful loan spells with Aberdeen and Huddersfield Town. Both Burnley and Bournemouth had made enquiries about the former Wrexham man this summer, but it appears Leicester have won the race.

The Foxes themselves could soon be losing their No.1 goalkeeper, with Kasper Schmeichel attracting interest from both Chelsea, who look likely to sell Thibaut Courtois to Real Madrid, and Roma, who are in the market for a ‘keeper following Alisson’s exit.

Liverpool expect teenage star Ben Woodburn to travel with them for their three-game tour of the USA this weekend, despite loan interest from Sheffield United and Norwich. The Reds have also received numerous enquiries from Championship clubs over Ryan Kent, Sheyi Ojo and Pedro Chirivella, all of whom have featured so far during pre-season.

Gini Wijnaldum and Danny Ings will miss the game at Blackburn due to minor injuries.
Eagle

Postby Eagle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:24 pm

12 mil is decent money for Ward. I'm sure Mignolet will move on for a tidy fee too. We'll probably aim to bring in an experience hand to provide emergency cover for Alisson and Karius. Another Manninger.
Eagle

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:14 pm

Eagle » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:24 pm wrote:12 mil is decent money for Ward. I'm sure Mignolet will move on for a tidy fee too. We'll probably aim to bring in an experience hand to provide emergency cover for Alisson and Karius. Another Manninger.

I'd rather we kept Ward as he is unproven for us. Give the kid a chance... albeit in what now seems to be only cup games.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:54 pm

He's moving precisely because this is his chance! First team Leicester... go for it Danny, good luck and all the best.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Ward is a good goalie, I really wish we gave him a decent chance before we moved him on. In all honesty, I'd rather have him as second choice than Karius. Completely understand why he wants to go, he's being offered first team football and he deserves it. Good luck to him.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:26 pm

Must admit I'll be a bit disappointed to see Ward go myself but as others have mentioned after spending the whole of last season sat on the bench he's probably got to the stage where he just wants to play.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill