Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Doeboy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:23 pm wrote:Deal for Shaqiri will be completed in the next 2 days.

Nice, he will improve our bench significantly. Can't wait to see what he can do when he's surrounded by players like Mo, Bobby, Naby, Sadie etc etc as opposed to the crowd he had backing him up at Stoke.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:33 pm

Sounds like Shaqiri will have his medical on Friday and will complete his move this week. Fekir next week?
Eagle

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:11 am

Doeboy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:23 am wrote:Deal for Shaqiri will be completed in the next 2 days.

Squad player at best but a much higher quality than previous squad players - exactly what we need considering the CL schedule for the coming season.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:15 am

Doeboy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:33 pm wrote:Think Fekir will be ours by the deadline. One thing I do find strange is their hasn't been a scramble for his signature considering the form he has shown for Lyon. Maybe teams are vary of his previous history with injuries, I don't know but do find it a bit odd. All these stories linking him with Utd and Chelsea seems more the work of Lyon trying to force our hand imo.

The player's agent speaks to 2-3 other agent mafia kings on their weekly conference calls and says he's a done deal to Liverpool so back off. BOOM no one expresses interest.

Question: who runs the transfer market, the clubs or agents?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:29 am

Shaqiri at LFC now having his medical today, according to Skysports and the Echo. Deal done for 13.5m.

He's only 26, so not bad value. He's scored only 15 goals in 84 appearances for Stoke, so hardly prolific. Looks like he'll be a squad player mostly, for rotational purposes. However he is primarily a winger, but our midfield is bursting in numbers at the moment, especially if we get Fekir as well.

Does this mean an exit for Lallana, milner or Hendo?... Or certainly a loan move next season.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:59 am

We're unlikely to see Ox in a Liverpool shirt until December/Jan, Keita and Fabinho are new to the league, Lallana is coming off a season on the treatment table, Henderson has regularly missed games in the last few seasons due to injuries, and Milner's contract runs out at the end of the season. The only midfielders that we can afford to lose are Chirivella and Grujic.

If one of the front 3 is out for an extended period, I'm guessing Fekir will push forward and one of the midfielders will come in to the side. If we complete deals for Fekir and Shaqiri the likes of Ings, Origi, Sturridge, Wilson, Kent and Ojo are unlikely to be playing their football here next season. Numbers wise I think we'd be fine. Solanke, Brewster and probably Woodburn will be kept in the squad but it would take a number of injuries for them to get game time outside of rotation.
Eagle

Postby only me » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:43 pm

Reg » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:11 am wrote:
Doeboy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:23 am wrote:Deal for Shaqiri will be completed in the next 2 days.

Squad player at best but a much higher quality than previous squad players - exactly what we need considering the CL schedule for the coming season.

he has the ability to impact the game which is crucial for a sub..If completed it's a fair and solid piece of Biz...
My only concern that in his mind Shaqiri is a star and first 11 starter and the way he comes to terms with his new status will determine his ability to succeed.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:46 pm

I like Shaqiri as he's off the cuff and you need that, great asset off the bench and and absolute bargain. Liverpool bring on up talent and whilst he's been round the block he falls into that bracket. Leaner and meaner for me to be a genuine Liverpool player. No more excuses for him now with this manager and team.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:08 pm

13m is a steal, very good business. It is time for Shaqiri to shine and show his quality at a big club.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:26 pm

only me » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:43 pm wrote:My only concern that in his mind Shaqiri is a star and first 11 starter and the way he comes to terms with his new status will determine his ability to succeed.

Mate, for f*ck's sake ! he was playing for Stoke !   :D

I think he'd already come to terms with his status.   :;):

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:01 am

Jorginho has signed for Chelsea (who are not in the Champions League) instead of Man City!?

WTF is that all about!!! ??

Strange move by him.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:46 am

Ghost of Shankly » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:01 am wrote:Jorginho has signed for Chelsea (who are not in the Champions League) instead of Man City!?

Strange move by him.

Wow really? That's a strange one.

I like Fabinho but if I'm being honest, we missed out on Jorginho, he would have been ideal. Surely we were a better option for him than Chelsea?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:24 am

Seri to Fulham is also a strange one.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Ghost of Shankly » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:35 am

damjan193 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:46 am wrote:
Ghost of Shankly » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:01 am wrote:Jorginho has signed for Chelsea (who are not in the Champions League) instead of Man City!?

Strange move by him.

Wow really? That's a strange one.

I like Fabinho but if I'm being honest, we missed out on Jorginho, he would have been ideal. Surely we were a better option for him than Chelsea?

I was very surprised. But it's on Chelsea's website etc, check it out the big unveiling etc...

He wanted to come to the Premier league, but why them? They are on the decline and Hazard looks a goner to Madrid also this summer...
Apparently, he wanted to be united with Sarri at Chelsea!?

It's weird, Chelsea are gonna win fck all this season.
Ghost of Shankly
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:41 am

Jorginho has just followed Sarri at the end of the day. He's playing in the best league in the world, he'll be a guaranteed first team player and he'll be on a massive weekly wage.

I think he's put all that into consideration and chose that over champions league football.

I can see both Insigne, Mertens and Koulibaly all joining him at Chelsea with both Kante and Hazard departing.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill