Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:36 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:29 pm wrote:I really hope he can put all the ***** seasons behind him now..
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... r-13238056

If he can get himself fit there aren't many better strikers out there.

Yes agreed with that. Luckily for us his transfer news seem to have died down... at the same time the coming season is his last chance to perform for us and also save his career
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cday79 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:10 am

Don't want AOC - put the 30 mil they're going to waste on him, towards VVD instead.
Cday79
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Cday79 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:10 am wrote:Don't want AOC - put the 30 mil they're going to waste on him, towards VVD instead.

I agree.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:12 pm

German journalist saying theres 'no way' Keita is moving anywhere this summer and that Leipzig don't need the money. Goes onto say he has a 55m euro release clause which kicks in next summer and that Bayern accept he wont move this summer and they will try for him next year.

Get the impression that if a crazy bid comes in way over 55m euro (£48-50m) fee they would get next summer, they may deal but otherwise looks like they are keen to keep their best players ahead of their CL campaign. Not sure anyone will have the appetite to cough up way over £50m+ for him yet
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:32 pm

maguskwt » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:36 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:29 pm wrote:
bunglemark2 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:29 pm wrote:I really hope he can put all the ***** seasons behind him now..
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... r-13238056

If he can get himself fit there aren't many better strikers out there.

Yes agreed with that. Luckily for us his transfer news seem to have died down... at the same time the coming season is his last chance to perform for us and also save his career

Just after the clubs recent visit to Australia Jamie Carragher wrote a piece in the Echo about the trip, he said pretty much from the moment he joined up with the squad he could sense a bit of friction from Sturridge towards him. After the game against Sydney Sturridge pulled Carragher to one side and said he wanted a word, Sturridge wanted to know why Carragher had said on tv that he thought Liverpool should sell him, Carragher pointed out Sturridge's injury record and said that he just called things as he saw them but apparently Sturridge wasn't impressed at all.
Anyway to cut a long story short they eventually sorted it out and shook hands on the matter and Carragher said he admired Sturridge for pulling him as he did, he didn't do it on twitter or anything like that he pulled him to one side and discussed the matter in private face to face, he also said Sturridge didn't come across as someone who wanted to leave the club, quite the opposite, in fact Danny was upset that someone might be giving the club idea's.
This could be really good news for us, Danny sounds like he really wants to stay and fight for his place and as we said if he can stay fit there aren't many better. He's still only 27/28 as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:35 pm

When was the last time Danny had a full pre-season? Who knows, might be his year.

I won't hold my breath though.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:40 pm

Carra, as much as I love him, needs to keep his neb out.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:16 pm

:nod
leeroy74 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:40 am wrote:Carra, as much as I love him, needs to keep his neb out.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:20 pm

If VVD doesn't happen, I hope to phuck we have a backup plan in place. Can't go into another season relying on Lovren, or a 'not quite a CH' Gomez to partner Klavan or Matip.
The silence on this front is deafening...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:08 pm

bunglemark2 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:16 pm wrote::nod
leeroy74 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:40 am wrote:Carra, as much as I love him, needs to keep his neb out.

Or get his jersey back on.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:36 pm

Reports in Germany that we have a deal in principle with Keita. Can't see us paying £70m but they'll lose him for £48m next season because a clause kicks in so that should give us some leverage
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:11 pm

Klopptomaniac » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:36 pm wrote:Reports in Germany that we have a deal in principle with Keita. Can't see us paying £70m but they'll lose him for £48m next season because a clause kicks in so that should give us some leverage

Think the problem is I don't see Leipzig wanting to sell this summer for £10m above the clause he has next summer. £20m above, may see them deal but £68 odd million is eye watering money. Not saying he wont prove to be worth it but with one season behind him in a top league, you could understand the club being a bit vary of stumping up that kind of money.
Doeboy

Postby parchpea » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:04 pm

I think Leipzig have dropped a bollock slamming £70m on Keita as its stopped a bidding war.

Should have been open to offers over £40m and let teams bid, generate a market for him as right now my impression is that despite reports theres only Liverpool in town trying to get money off their ticket price.

Keita looks a big talent but hes had one great season in a surprise packe Leipzig team in their first ever season in the top division. Red Bulls money went a long way to achieving that and I understand they dont want to lose a key player having got this far.

I would offer £55m top whack plus £15m in big incentives like winning the Premiership or Champs League, and walk away if they rurn it down.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:18 pm

Goonerz on Chamberlain

He is a liability defensively. Let him expresses himself... Far away from our box.

Was hopeful for him in pre-season but it's the same old mistakes. Does something good but then just doesn't know when to release the ball.

Hate to say it, but just don't see him making it here. Still looks like he makes the wrong choices, and his first touch was poor yesterday. Maybe his
injuries have really stunted his development, but it's hard to see him fulfilling his potential.     

As previously mentioned, that should be the last chance saloon for him this season. Since his current contract ends in 2018, a decision has to be
made either way. Agree with you though, I am less and less convinced he will make it. His decision making is simply maddening.

He lacks the game intelligence to know where to be when he doesn't have the ball. Its very clear when you compare his runs to Walcott, Özil and Sanchez
who all made some excellent runs today. His combination play is also poor, and his touch erratic at times. I'm fine with him as 2nd or 3rd choice, but its
clear that he needs games somewhere.

This was Ox from last season. Largely anonymous with sprinkles of ineffective play. He shines in preseason because he can show off to Akpom, Adelaide
and Willock. But when he's around Özil, Sanchez, Cazorla and co. he doesn't have it. He doesn't know what to do. One more season of nothing performances

He needs more a brain than a new manager..... Sometimes, players are just not bright and whoever the manager is, it will not change much.
and we'll just have to accept that this is his level.

I have to admit whenever I've watched Arsenal games I have made similar observations on his game,but what I find truly disconcerting is that we're willing to lay out 30 million on a player who is on the treatment table more than Sturridge  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:05 pm

parchpea » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:04 pm wrote:I think Leipzig have dropped a bollock slamming £70m on Keita as its stopped a bidding war.

Should have been open to offers over £40m and let teams bid, generate a market for him as right now my impression is that despite reports theres only Liverpool in town trying to get money off their ticket price.

Keita looks a big talent but hes had one great season in a surprise packe Leipzig team in their first ever season in the top division. Red Bulls money went a long way to achieving that and I understand they dont want to lose a key player having got this far.

I would offer £55m top whack plus £15m in big incentives like winning the Premiership or Champs League, and walk away if they rurn it down.

Just think they genuinely had no appetite to start a bidding war for him because they have no interest in selling him this summer. Unless someone comes in with a £60-70m bid, it may change their mind. Usually, when German clubs say no, it means no and it is very hard to prise away their players. They are generally very well run.

Looks like Red Bull are very keen on making Leipzig a european powerhouse and probably not a good sign for them selling one of their best players. Unless Keita was to kick up a stink and force their hand or we come in with a huge over the top bid, struggling to see this one happen. Bayern are also interested but seem to have accepted he wont move this summer and will try next year
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill