Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:43 pm

This Martins lad looks a little like Sterling. I've never heard of him, heres a youtube clip.

https://youtu.be/SbGLgmpxGAI
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:08 pm

So we have now apologised to Southampton and now pulled out of the Van Dijk transfer. Typical us, we get a player that wants to join us but panic in getting stung for tapping him up so have to pull out. Now the Salah deal is more a less dead too. Gonna be a long summer..
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:53 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:08 pm wrote:So we have now apologised to Southampton and now pulled out of the Van Dijk transfer. Typical us, we get a player that wants to join us but panic in getting stung for tapping him up so have to pull out. Now the Salah deal is more a less dead too. Gonna be a long summer..

This one will be remembered and go down as a complete failure, I'm shocked at how amateurish we look. Whether he was worth the ridiculous sum they wanted or not, this is not how a professional outfit should be doing business. Someone should get fired for this. Another in a long line of transfer failings for this club. We will probably never find out the half of it but still, not good enough   :no

I cannot remember too many examples like this that other clubs have gone through, probably has happened but not too much. Not only do we looks a joke to our rivals, we look a joke to potential signings.

On the plus side... It is probably the last Southampton player we bid for in a very long while.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:49 pm

I feel it was purposely leaked to the media from inside the club to get fans excited about VVD signing.. how could we be so naive to think that Saints wouldn't report us for tapping up!

It's really embarrassing.. this should have been a signing of real intent and showing we have real ambition, but we messed up like always.

I hope to god we get one of either Keita, Lacazette, Salah otherwise I'll be fuming.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:13 pm

:laugh: What the fook are we at  :wwww  Issuing an apology to Southampton and ending our interest the day after the lad announces he would like to join us  :glare:  Southampton say we never approached them at all regarding the player and are accusing us of tapping him up which it now looks like we did.
Are we intentionally trying to get a transfer ban or something ? ..
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:15 pm

:blush:
City in Belgium  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:46 pm

Whole Van Dijk thing is a shambles. Strangely not too fussed about missing out on him but looks like we made a pigs ear of the whole situation.

Had misgivings about Michael Edwards stepping up and heading up transfers.  It's a fair old jump from pulling up player stats on his excel sheet to negotiating transfers our transfers and i'm not convinced the guy is up to yet
Doeboy

Postby Mikz » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Fabian Delph name being branded about

makes me wanna throw up all over myself
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:05 pm

I'm glad I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks while people ridicule us over this fiasco. Hopefully when I return we have signed a world class player. If we sign Delph I want FSG and Klopp out of this club.. and I love Klopp.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:34 pm

Everything is being played out way too much in the media/press for my liking. From the very beginning, Klopp mentioning we had spoken to our targets etc. Why not just stay quiet and answer any questions relating to transfers with a straight bat? Now this whole Van Dijk debacle where we are seen to run off with our tails firmly between our legs and issuing an apology to Southampton. Just stinks of us acting very small time imo.

Really wish we had someone experienced heading up our transfers. Michael Edwards isn't experienced enough and on top of that he was shadowing Ian Ayre towards the end of time with us, not exactly the kind of person you would wanting to learn from.

I'm sure we will make some decent signings but we seem to have more leaks at the club than the Titanic
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:55 pm

The whole episode has been a complete fvcking shambles and an utter embarrassment, the bluenose next door summed the whole sorry mess up pretty fvcking well when he said it's for the best that Liverpool have stepped aside so clubs who actually know what they are doing can take over.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:48 am

Pretty much sums it up. With amateurs like Michael Edwards in charge, what do we expect. Just a yes man who will tow the FSG line...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... a-13153435

This clown still has the summer to redeem himself but this debarcle hasn't been a great start to the window
Doeboy

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:13 am

Doeboy wrote:Pretty much sums it up. With amateurs like Michael Edwards in charge, what do we expect. Just a yes man who will tow the FSG line...

This clown still has the summer to redeem himself but this debarcle hasn't been a great start to the window

The root of it all lies with FSG. Regardless of who they have in charge its the same. They never even approached Southampton so were they ever interested ?.
Last year we finished 4th and earned just 5 mil less than Chelsea so there is no incentive for them to spend big money.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:13 am

Doeboy wrote:Pretty much sums it up. With amateurs like Michael Edwards in charge, what do we expect. Just a yes man who will tow the FSG line...

The root of it all lies with FSG. Regardless of who they have in charge its the same. They never even approached Southampton so were they ever interested ?.
Last year we finished 4th and earned just 5 mil less than Chelsea so there is no incentive for them to spend big money.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:32 am

Clowns, pure and simple.  :no

But should we be surprised.  :glare:

FSG have not had clue how to run a football club since they arrived and it's gone from bad to excruciatingly worse.

The white knights "coming in to rescue us from financial turmoil" fairy gloss rubbish has well and truly expired now. They need to deliver this summer, with no excuses and no finger pointing.

It's early days, and they still have time to recover. Edwards better f**king man up when it comes to getting deals through or we will be asking for his sacking if he doesn't strengthen the team by the end of August. Couldn't give a s**t about how much we spend or don't spend. It's all about plugging the holes we have in the squad, we are all unanimous on the areas that need to be addressed.

OK so we have lost out on Virgil and potentially Salah, no big deal. Let's get back on the horse and bring in the right players we need to deliver the "vision" that Klopp keeps harping on about. If they can't do that, sell the club and f**k off back to Boston you useless tw.a.ts  :veryangry
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill