Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Eagle » Tue May 30, 2017 7:30 pm

I think we're looking at it and thinking "It's worth a punt". The financial risk is so low and he had elite level pedigree at youth level so it's worth it. He's not a player we're banking on but he could end up being quite useful for us or we could sell him for a fair bit after a few cup games and a decent loan move. Either way we win.

Chelsea froze him out when he didn't play ball over the contract. Don't think Conte had long term plans for him but I think they recognised his value. £3 mil is a steal in today's market. I reckon he might be a useful squad player over the next couple of seasons and will end up filling in all across the front 3.
Eagle

Postby Doeboy » Tue May 30, 2017 7:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 30, 2017 4:57 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Tue May 30, 2017 4:23 pm wrote:
Mikz » Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 pm wrote:Politely put yakka.

Couldnt be that f..king good or chelsea wouldnt have let us take him

They didn't let us take him. They offered him a contract and he turned it down.

I have to say I'm not convinced mate, given that he's coming here to play in the U23's and he's going to be on under £20k a week Chelsea obviously didn't try that hard to keep him. It wouldn't have took much to better that offer.
As I said the whole deal reeks of moneyball to me, he's young, got a bit of name recognition and is only going to cost us £3m. I don't think the club are looking at him and thinking this lad will fire us to the title and the CL in the future I think they are looking at him and thinking we can double our money here.

Agree to a certain extent. Let's be honest, it's a no lose situation for FSG. I think the guy has enough about him to take a £3m punt on but ultimately comes down to how high his ceiling is. If it comes off and he starts knocking in the goals, it will be hailed a bargain and master stroke and if not, If not, FSG will look at is and say we can probably sell on for a nice healthy profit to a mid to lower EPL side.

Asked  a Chelsea fan today about him today and he didn't seem to fussed at them losing him. Said he is OK but he will be surprised if he makes it at a top 6 club. Said he uses his physical attributes well but his all round game hasn't pushed on considering he is going to be 20 in September. He said they rate Tammy Abraham much higher than him over there.
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 30, 2017 9:54 pm

Eagle » Tue May 30, 2017 6:30 pm wrote:I think we're looking at it and thinking "It's worth a punt". The financial risk is so low and he had elite level pedigree at youth level so it's worth it. He's not a player we're banking on but he could end up being quite useful for us or we could sell him for a fair bit after a few cup games and a decent loan move. Either way we win.

Is the right answer
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue May 30, 2017 11:36 pm

Looks like there might be some serious movement on Van Dijk this week. Club seem bullish about our chances.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue May 30, 2017 11:59 pm

Pig Catcher » Tue May 30, 2017 10:36 pm wrote:Looks like there might be some serious movement on Van Dijk this week. Club seem bullish about our chances.

Think the club just need to go out there and quietly and efficiently and get business done. Too many instances of us being 'bullish, confident' of getting things done with it not resulting in much in the end and other clubs pulling the rug from underneath is and signing our targets. Not overly convinced on Van Dijk myself. Seen him have some really good games but there have a fair few stinkers in there for good measure to. However, if Klopp wants him, then it is good enough for me
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 31, 2017 12:20 am

Doeboy » Tue May 30, 2017 10:59 pm wrote:
Pig Catcher » Tue May 30, 2017 10:36 pm wrote:Looks like there might be some serious movement on Van Dijk this week. Club seem bullish about our chances.

Think the club just need to go out there and quietly and efficiently and get business done. Too many instances of us being 'bullish, confident' of getting things done with it not resulting in much in the end and other clubs pulling the rug from underneath is and signing our targets. Not overly convinced on Van Dijk myself. Seen him have some really good games but there have a fair few stinkers in there for good measure to. However, if Klopp wants him, then it is good enough for me

He's not worth £50m or anything like it, the only positive I could glean out of a £50m deal for Van Dijk would be that at least we'd be signing a player who's good enough to go straight into our starting XI.
Normally we sign squad fodder but for once we'd be strengthening the team actually out on the pitch.
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Wed May 31, 2017 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Wed May 31, 2017 12:23 am

Doeboy » Tue May 30, 2017 10:59 pm wrote:

I feel the same. Lovren was and is similar in that he mixes up some excellent performances with some terrible ones. Inevitably he's always excellent agaisnt us. Think we're getting robbed if it's a straight  £50m cash deal.
Eagle

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:30 am

Daylight robbery...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Wed May 31, 2017 2:12 am

redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed May 31, 2017 2:02 pm

Apparently the Echo are saying we are not in for Clichy mate. We have signed another young lad called Edvard Tagseth though.
In other news it looks like Aubemeyang has gone to PSG for £70m, that's a lot of money given his age (28 I think).
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed May 31, 2017 3:21 pm

I'd be very surprised if we so buy Van Dijk for 50 million... dont think it will happen...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed May 31, 2017 7:23 pm

Salah back in the rumours with a deal close with Liverpool allegedly
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed May 31, 2017 8:24 pm

Yup seen few rumours.. Would love Salah here.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed May 31, 2017 8:34 pm

parchpea » Wed May 31, 2017 6:23 pm wrote:Salah back in the rumours with a deal close with Liverpool allegedly

Done deal apparently.

If Egyptian newspapers are to be believed  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed May 31, 2017 9:03 pm

redshade » Wed May 31, 2017 7:24 pm wrote:Yup seen few rumours.. Would love Salah here.

Statistically he's certainly impressed for Roma but I've no idea of any of his qualities. What will he bring?
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill