Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Eagle » Sat May 27, 2017 11:51 pm

Edwards has been shadowing Gordon and Ayre (left at the end of February) for about 2 years. He was responsible for arranging the Mane deal in the summer. Not sure Ayre was the right person to be speaking with clubs and agents about transfers. Let's see how Edwards gets on in his first summer window where be is has full responsibility.
Eagle

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 28, 2017 9:54 am

Apparently Roma want £43m for Salah  :Oo:
If we pay anything like that for him we are off our heads, I'm not even convinced he is that good, he couldn't break through at Chelsea and doing well in Italy is not a guarantee of doing well in the prem. Look at Borini, Aquilani, Dossena etc.

Salah YouTube video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BTRaSHdBuxw

I'd rather have Redmond from Southampton, he'd be some player with better players around him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun May 28, 2017 12:39 pm

Rumour Sessegnon now off to Spurs after we've monitored him for a year. Its started, targets not hit.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 28, 2017 1:36 pm

parchpea wrote:Rumour Sessegnon now off to Spurs after we've monitored him for a year. Its started, targets not hit.

Edwards: Hello Fulham we are interested in your player ryan sessignon.
Agent: Yes he is a very good player.
Edwards: We would like to bring him to Anfield and are willing to pay Fulham 5 mil and the player 5 k a week to get this done.
Agent: sorry Michael but other clubs are interested and we value the player very highly as he cannot be replaced.
Edwards: We do think the lad has ability but those kind of fees are highly inflated considering what the player has achieved so far in his career.
Agent: Hangs up...
Edwards: Hello.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun May 28, 2017 1:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 28, 2017 9:54 am wrote:Apparently Roma want £43m for Salah  :Oo:
If we pay anything like that for him we are off our heads, I'm not even convinced he is that good, he couldn't break through at Chelsea and doing well in Italy is not a guarantee of doing well in the prem. Look at Borini, Aquilani, Dossena etc.

Salah YouTube video - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BTRaSHdBuxw

I'd rather have Redmond from Southampton, he'd be some player with better players around him.

They wouldn't pay half that when he moved to Chelsea and they won't pay it now  :no
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 28, 2017 4:07 pm

parchpea » Sun May 28, 2017 11:39 am wrote:Rumour Sessegnon now off to Spurs after we've monitored him for a year. Its started, targets not hit.

Now why doesn't this surprise me? Every window it's the same. Remember us being in negotiations with a player for 3 months and then Chelsea coming along and signing him up in 2 days?
IIRC Chelsea made a comment about it as well, I seem to remember Mourinho having a laugh at our expense.
Can't blame him really. 3 months! FFS  :no
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 28, 2017 5:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 28, 2017 3:07 pm wrote:
parchpea » Sun May 28, 2017 11:39 am wrote:Rumour Sessegnon now off to Spurs after we've monitored him for a year. Its started, targets not hit.

Now why doesn't this surprise me? Every window it's the same. Remember us being in negotiations with a player for 3 months and then Chelsea coming along and signing him up in 2 days?
IIRC Chelsea made a comment about it as well, I seem to remember Mourinho having a laugh at our expense.

If he does move elsewhere, not sure I'd blame the club too much on this one mate. Apparently word is, lad and his family have a preference to stay in London (can't blame him for that tbh).  Another factor that may possibly have come into play is that the lad is apparently sponsored by Nike.....who will also be spurs kit sponsors from next season. Finally also have to remember we have a ban on signing academy players so maybe signing him hasn't been as straight forward as it seems from the outside, although he has just turned 17 so  is able to sign a contract.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 28, 2017 8:50 pm

Doeboy » Sun May 28, 2017 4:50 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 28, 2017 3:07 pm wrote:

If he does move elsewhere, not sure I'd blame the club too much on this one mate. Apparently word is, lad and his family have a preference to stay in London (can't blame him for that tbh).  Another factor that may possibly have come into play is that the lad is apparently sponsored by Nike.....who will also be spurs kit sponsors from next season. Finally also have to remember we have a ban on signing academy players so maybe signing him hasn't been as straight forward as it seems from the outside, although he has just turned 17 so  is able to sign a contract.

You know what mate years ago the club would have just gone and got him, if he wanted to stay in London the club would have sent a smooth talker like Peter Robinson down there to convince him otherwise, there's too many excuses these days.
As a club we need to start getting deals done (apologies if I sound like Trump  :D )
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Sun May 28, 2017 9:48 pm

Its week after Klopp said they where all but done but nothings being reported as finished.

Think FSG are on trial this summer as much more if not more than the team during season, fans want a sign of real intent and ambition and are impatient for a big deal to be finalised.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun May 28, 2017 10:26 pm

Season has just ended and Man City are going berserk in the transfer market. £43m spend on Bernardo Silva and sky are now reporting they are in advanced negotiations to sign Benfica goalkeeper Ederson for £45m. On top of that, Benjamin Mendy is also heavily backed to sign for them for £39m odd...all this and it's still only May! Look's like they mean business this summer. Got a feeling the both manchester clubs are not going to mess about this summer.

Really hope we get at least some of our main business done early and Klopp really is backed because if he isn't, he really is going to have one hand tied behind his back next year
Doeboy

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun May 28, 2017 11:40 pm

As usual, most clubs will have to wait until the oligarch backed clubs (Man City, Chelsea and PSG) and the clubs who have been running like big corporates for years (Man Utd, Bayern, Barca and Real Madrid) make their big moves. Like it or not they get the pick of the litter. The other option is to go after players who haven't yet done enough to get on the radar of these clubs - the Dortmund model if you like. Personally I think we need to work on getting really good at the latter option. The likes of Van Dijk and Keita have a realistic chance of getting picked by one of those clubs and will wait and see. Don't think we should wait to see what scraps are left over.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon May 29, 2017 12:10 am

Pig Catcher » Sun May 28, 2017 10:40 pm wrote:As usual, most clubs will have to wait until the oligarch backed clubs (Man City, Chelsea and PSG) and the clubs who have been running like big corporates for years (Man Utd, Bayern, Barca and Real Madrid) make their big moves. Like it or not they get the pick of the litter. The other option is to go after players who haven't yet done enough to get on the radar of these clubs - the Dortmund model if you like. Personally I think we need to work on getting really good at the latter option. The likes of Van Dijk and Keita have a realistic chance of getting picked by one of those clubs and will wait and see. Don't think we should wait to see what scraps are left over.

Agree with this. Van Dijk (decent defender but don't fully buy into the hype around him) and Keita may well see us an option but only if they are not picked up by one of the moneybag clubs first (bigger wages, signing on fees etc).

I agree we can't afford to hang around too long but a worry is players may be waiting to see if theu can get that move to a moneybags club but also waiting for us to qualify for the CL proper.

Think we do need to be a bit cute about some of the players we sign. Players that have been under the radar but Klopp has looked at and thought 'I can make a real player out of him'

Likes of Van Dijk and Keita already have a lot of hype around them and if they are genuine Klopp targets,  it would be pretty galling to lose out to a team with more cash and I just hope we have adequate (and i mean adequate alternatives, not rush job signing which are not upto the mark) alternatives lined up otherwise we really could be caught with our pants down
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 29, 2017 10:42 pm

Apparently we've signed a 16 year old Bosnian lad called Dal Varesanovic who's supposed to be very highly rated.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon May 29, 2017 10:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm wrote:Apparently we've signed a 16 year old Bosnian lad called Dal Varesanovic who's supposed to be very highly rated.

Another Buvac recommendation no doubt, like Grujic.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon May 29, 2017 10:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm wrote:Apparently we've signed a 16 year old Bosnian lad called Dal Varesanovic who's supposed to be very highly rated.

another one "for the future".....getting tired of all these wunderkinder....haven't seen a single produgy break through to the first team in years....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill