Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Tue May 30, 2017 12:04 am

Yup they don't even break through and are sold later on. If you look at the young "prodigies" we offloaded, majority are at below average clubs.
Only Sterling came through.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Tue May 30, 2017 12:09 am

Rafinha

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/footba ... nsfer-news

I have not really seen him play. More like an outcast in Barcelona.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue May 30, 2017 1:02 pm

Sounds as though we have 'ended our interest in Sessegnon'...basically an attempt to try and save face with it looking like spurs have beaten us to his signature
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Tue May 30, 2017 1:11 pm

In other news, looks like we are signing Dominic Solanke from Chelsea. Quite highly rated and think this kid could push on...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... a-13110595
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Tue May 30, 2017 2:20 pm

Also, Jonathan Northcroft from the Times is saying we have an interest in Van Dijk but he is more likely to move to Chelsea. Goes onto say we made an approach for Michael Keane but he is Utd bound. Also says we have an interest in Oxlade Chamberlain
Doeboy

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue May 30, 2017 2:22 pm

Looks like Dominic Solanke is happening. I remember there were some noise a few months ago about him being fed up with the lack of opportunities at Chelsea and rejecting their contract. So I imagine we agreed this a while back and it will be announced on 1st July.

If as stated it ends up being a £3m fee and £20k a week wages, it's a no brainer. He was dynamite at youth level for both Chelsea and England. I'd imagine he'll join the likes of Woodburn, Ejaria and Alexander-Arnold in training full time with the first team but sitting between the U23s and the first team. It's then up to him to impress in training and the cup games.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 30, 2017 4:39 pm

I can't say I'm that impressed by Solanke, I know he's only 19 but he looks more of a big, bustling type of forward than one blessed with any great skill. No doubt at £3m the club see an opportunity to give him a few games, raise his profile then sell him for £6m or £7m further down the line. Looks like a classic moneyball signing to me.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Tue May 30, 2017 4:42 pm

Politely put yakka.

Couldnt be that f..king good or chelsea wouldnt have let us take him
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Mikz » Tue May 30, 2017 3:42 pm wrote:Politely put yakka.

We did get Sturridge from them mate and Everton got Lukaku so Chelsea are not infallible but Solanke is no Sturridge or Lukaku. Its doubtful that he'll even reach the level of Danny Ing's
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 30, 2017 4:56 pm

Doeboy » Tue May 30, 2017 1:20 pm wrote:Also, Jonathan Northcroft from the Times is saying we have an interest in Van Dijk but he is more likely to move to Chelsea. Goes onto say we made an approach for Michael Keane but he is Utd bound. Also says we have an interest in Oxlade Chamberlain

The Oxlade Chamberlain link concerns me, after Arsenal's win in the cup final he was talking about wanting to play more in the centre and wanting to be the next Steven Gerrard. I hope that wasn't a hint at his next destination. We need proven operators in our midfield not converted widemen.
In other news I see Mahrez has announced that he wants to leave Leicester, given we know that teams are going to sit deep against us next season having someone like him who can drop a shoulder and go past a man or slide a through ball through would be a huge help to us but you just know that we aren't in the market for those types of players anymore. The harsh truth is that he is a bit good for us these days, proven quality is out of our league.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Mikz » Tue May 30, 2017 5:04 pm

Agree mate...Mahrez is a bit special. He a gamewinner on his own - would love to get him but as you say, cant see it
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 30, 2017 5:08 pm

Mikz » Tue May 30, 2017 4:04 pm wrote:Agree mate...Mahrez is a bit special. He a gamewinner on his own - would love to get him but as you say, cant see it

Mane.                Coutinho.           Mahrez

Firmino/Sturridge

That would be a great front 4 mate, especially with Lallana waiting in the wings ready to rotate. Alas we can only dream  :( .
Mahrez has apparently handed in a transfer request as well, according to reports Arsenal are emerging as early favourites to sign him  :no
Last edited by ycsatbjywtbiastkamb on Tue May 30, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Tue May 30, 2017 5:23 pm

They didn't let us take him. They offered him a contract and he turned it down.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 30, 2017 5:57 pm

Pig Catcher » Tue May 30, 2017 4:23 pm wrote:

They didn't let us take him. They offered him a contract and he turned it down.

I have to say I'm not convinced mate, given that he's coming here to play in the U23's and he's going to be on under £20k a week Chelsea obviously didn't try that hard to keep him. It wouldn't have took much to better that offer.
As I said the whole deal reeks of moneyball to me, he's young, got a bit of name recognition and is only going to cost us £3m. I don't think the club are looking at him and thinking this lad will fire us to the title and the CL in the future I think they are looking at him and thinking we can double our money here.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue May 30, 2017 7:28 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 30, 2017 3:56 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Tue May 30, 2017 1:20 pm wrote:Also, Jonathan Northcroft from the Times is saying we have an interest in Van Dijk but he is more likely to move to Chelsea. Goes onto say we made an approach for Michael Keane but he is Utd bound. Also says we have an interest in Oxlade Chamberlain

The Oxlade Chamberlain link concerns me, after Arsenal's win in the cup final he was talking about wanting to play more in the centre and wanting to be the next Steven Gerrard. I hope that wasn't a hint at his next destination. We need proven operators in our midfield not converted widemen.
In other news I see Mahrez has announced that he wants to leave Leicester, given we know that teams are going to sit deep against us next season having someone like him who can drop a shoulder and go past a man or slide a through ball through would be a huge help to us but you just know that we aren't in the market for those types of players anymore. The harsh truth is that he is a bit good for us these days, proven quality is out of our league.

Don't know how true it is but heard Mahrez is after a move to London (think his missus is pushing for him to move down there).
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill