Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:04 pm

Dahoud is playing against Man City on BT Sport 2 if anyone is interested.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:55 pm

I didn't catch the match how did he do mate?
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:06 pm

redshade » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:55 pm wrote:I didn't catch the match how did he do mate?

He played well mate but BMG went down to 10 men which left him a bit of a mountain to climb in the middle of the park.
They hung on for the 1-1 though.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:43 pm

We should snap Dahoud on Jan. If we have title aspirations we need talent. When Couts, Lallana or Mane are out we do tend to struggle.
I watched Dahoud a few times the lad has got superb passing ability. Very quick, perfect Klopp player.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:14 pm

Young American Pulisic linked again with a January move, to me it seems almost inevitable with FSG and Klopp joining hands in appreciation of the lad.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:39 pm

parchpea » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:14 pm wrote:Young American Pulisic linked again with a January move, to me it seems almost inevitable with FSG and Klopp joining hands in appreciation of the lad.

Looks a good prospect that lad, very similar to De Bruyne in terms of playing style.
Dahoud, Pulisic and Van Dyke would constitute great business in January.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:03 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:39 am wrote:
parchpea » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:14 pm wrote:Young American Pulisic linked again with a January move, to me it seems almost inevitable with FSG and Klopp joining hands in appreciation of the lad.

Looks a good prospect that lad, very similar to De Bruyne in terms of playing style.

What else d'you want for Christmas Yakka ??   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:45 am

With Mane off in Jan and Couts possibly back fully fit end Jan or even Feb we need another attacking mid.
Dahoud or pullisic would be ideal.
I would prioritise Dahoud.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:20 pm

Reg » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:03 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:39 am wrote:

What else d'you want for Christmas Yakka ??   :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

lol  :p  :D
To be fair though mate I actually think we made a nett profit during the summer window so the idea of signing 3 decent players in January isn't quite as fantastical as it sounds. Especially if there are one or two leaving (like Sakho  :( ) as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:05 am

if there is an oppotunity to sign these players, we should definitely sign them. FSG shouldnt be limiting how many players we bring in per window. We could always lay low again in the summer. Signing good players is all about timing especially when we are not prepared to pay over the odds...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:37 pm

maguskwt » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:05 am wrote:if there is an oppotunity to sign these players, we should definitely sign them. FSG shouldnt be limiting how many players we bring in per window. We could always lay low again in the summer. Signing good players is all about timing especially when we are not prepared to pay over the odds...

Yep spot on. January often gets portrayed in the media as a month of stopgap signings and a difficult time to do any meaningful business but we signed the likes of Suarez, Coutinho and Sturridge during January windows. As you say mate if the players are available then we should be in for them.
Our rivals won't be resting on their laurels that's for sure, Greizemann will more than likely be joining Pogba at United sometime next year so we have got to be recruiting quality players ourselves.
Van Dyke, Dahoud and Pulisic are exciting prospects but they are no where near established world star status, if a club of our stature can't even afford to go for prospects (after pretty much admitting established stars are out of our reach) then we are well and truly finished as a force in the game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:49 pm

A January move for Dahoud would make sense, given that he has less than 18 months left on his contract and is refusing to sign a new deal. Would be surprised if his club is prepared to wait it out and eventually see a £20-30m player walk away for nothing.

Not sure about Pulisic though. We made a big in the summer and Dortmund made it clear they didn't want to sell as he's one of the best young talents. I'm guessing a big bid (or a vocal attempt by the player) would have to force the move through.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:33 pm

Dahoud would be a great signing

:nod

We need a proper left back too and maybe a right back, cause clyne is a one dimensional player.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:37 pm

Squad looks a bit thin at the moment. We need a specific profile of player and injuries/suspensions could cost us this season if we are not careful. I'm not sure we have a replacement -of anywhere near the same quality- for any of Clyne, Matip, Lallana, Mane. I'm fairly certain Firmino will try to play the Coutinho role but its a big question mark whether he'll be anywhere near as effective in creating chances and dictating the game.

Dahoud is the perfect Lallana substitute and he looks like a player who would fit in with our short passing style of play. He can potentially even replace Wijanldum in the side. Van Dijk would be a game changer imo. He's the kind of signing that says we mean business. Our defense has improved and him alongside Matip could take us to the next level.

I think we need 2 players in January at the very least.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:36 am

Don't know how reliable the source is (but this is the rumour thread   :D  )

Liverpool are preparing a January bid for Celtic star Moussa Dembele which could be worth up to £20million.

Glasgow Live understands that the English Premier League giants will offer £10m up front with the same in add ons based on appearances and success.

Liverpool are willing to pay the 20-year-old around £60k a week to move to Anfield - a substantial pay rise on the £15k a week he currently earns at Parkhead.

Celtic are comfortable in the knowledge that the player they signed from Fulham is happy at the club.

They remain in the driving seat as the bidding war continues and Dembele already turned down lucrative offers from Spurs and Arsenal to sign for Celtic on the understanding that he would be the club's first choice striker.

Boss Brendan Rodgers is understood to be confident his star striker will complete the season at Parkhead and is happy and settled in Glasgow. The chance to join Liverpool, with the guarantee of first team football, could tempt Dembele.

England striker Daniel Sturridge has failed to establish himself in the team and Roberto Firminio has been preferred in a false no 9 role.

Klopp sees Dembele as an automatic pick so game time at Liverpool would not be an issue for the player.

Celtic were already bracing themselves for a raft of interest in Dembele next summer but Liverpool are hoping to steal a march on rivals with a bid next month.

If this went ahead what signal would it send to Sturridge ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill