Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Doeboy » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:51 pm

JK talking about not having enough attacking options on the bench and seemed to suggest that's the area he may look to do something with in Jan. Obviously with Sakho going, he will need to look at central defenders but got a hunch he may look at a loan and wait until the summer to find a permanent solution. Think clubs are vary of being held to ransom in January and overpaying
Doeboy

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:00 pm

I wouldn't sign Schmicheal on the principle that his dad played for the Mancs. :)
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:18 pm

I'd take Joe Hart without hesitation and I'm sure he'd jump at the chance !

Unfortunately the word is Man City won't sell him to another premiership club, especially one that's contending for a CL spot.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Klopptomaniac » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:23 am

woof woof ! » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:18 pm wrote:I'd take Joe Hart without hesitation and I'm sure he'd jump at the chance !

Unfortunately the word is Man City won't sell him to another premiership club, especially one that's contending for a CL spot.

I said in the summer we should sign Hart and some said it was a bad idea. Right now I'd snap your hand off for him
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:13 pm

from soccernet

Ross Barkley to Spurs

Spurs are keeping tabs on Ross Barkley's contract situation with a potential move in the summer on the cards. The 23-year-old has just 18 months remaining on his contract and if a new deal isn't agreed before then those in the Everton offices may have to take the phone off the hook. Spurs have been monitoring the situation as they look to piece together a young squad capable of competing in Europe.

Jamaal Lascelles to Liverpool

The Sunderland Echo have linked Liverpool with a big money move for Newcastle United captain Jamaal Lascelles. The 23-year-old defender has impressed under Rafa Benitez and, according to reports, has an army over potential suitors watching him on a regular basis. Chelsea have cast an eye over him as a potential long-term John Terry replacement but it appears Liverpool are first in the queue, though Newcastle could command as much as £25m for their skipper.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:18 am

Last time we did business with Ashley (Carroll) we got seriously burned. Lookinging god n the Championship is very different to what is required in the Premiership. Carroll is also a good example of that. When we bought him he had played just 18 games in the Premiership.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:44 pm

Not a good sign that, Lascelles is a major downgrade on Van Dijk, looks like we are lowering our sights yet again and doing our usual trick of hoping the manager can get blood out of a stone. That's been the story of the past 25 years tbh, buying players we hope will come good instead of spending the extra few bob and buying players who we expect to come good.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:10 pm

Been mentioned that Man City are looking  to firm up their interest in Van Dijk in Jan after they let 4 in against Leicester. We are probably keeping looking at a number of options and its something we have to do because if City go after our targets, we can't compete with them in terms of fees and wages so need to keep options open. Whether is Lascalles is upto it, is another issue.
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:37 pm

I wouldn't have Hart. He's no better than Migs in my view. Always has a mistake in his game and would command daft wages.

Personally, I'd go for Barkley. He's been off form since the Euros, but I think he' a confidence player and a manger like Klopp would work wonders with the lad. Doubt the bitters would sell him to us, although I think he's pretty well settled in Liverpool and wouldn't want to move away. Perhaps he'd choose us over going to London?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:12 pm

Think Hart is a show pony myself and not an improvement on Mingolet. Not sure at all about Karius as it is far too early to tell but he shouldn't be wrote off because of a bad spell. Another centre half to compliment Matip would go a long way to taking the pressure of whoever is in the sticks.

Barkley would never sign for us  :no I don't think he would improve us anyway and is massively overhyped.

Van Djik has been playing well and gaining loads of plaudits with his performances but I remember Lovren getting same when he was there. Personally I think Fonte is the one who deserves the credit for Southamptons defence. Knowing us though we will baulk at paying anything near 30 mil for Virgil and then hand over 3 or 4 mil less for the Newcastle lad.

We need to start buying proper proven players that are looking to make the final step to winning things. Only then we will we make that step ourselves.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:09 pm

I wouldn't mind Hart tbh, I think he could do a similar job for us to what Van Der Saar did for United, as an out-and-out shot stopper Mingolet is probably better than Hart but I just think Joe is less likely to crumble under pressure. I do think it's all academic anyway, no way would City sell him to us, they are not going to help one of their rivals out of a hole, it would be like us selling Arsenal Sturridge if they had a striker crisis.
I think we do need to sign at least one top quality player though, I know we spent decent money on Mane in the summer but the truth is £35m isnt that much anymore, the clubs who we are competing against now regularly spend more than that on the likes of Pogba, Stones, Sanchez, Ozil, Sterling, Martial, Di Maria, Mata etc etc.
I know we aren't going to be signing a Bale or a Neymar anytime soon but a club of our size and stature should be able to sign the likes of Van Dijk, Dahoud and Pulisic, if we are not in the running for even them then I just can't see how we can compete.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:14 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:09 pm wrote:I wouldn't mind Hart tbh, I think he could do a similar job for us to what Van Der Saar did for United, as an out-and-out shot stopper Mingolet is probably better than Hart but I just think Joe is less likely to crumble under pressure. I do think it's all academic anyway, no way would City sell him to us, they are not going to help one of their rivals out of a hole, it would be like us selling Arsenal Sturridge if they had a striker crisis.
I think we do need to sign at least one top quality player though, I know we spent decent money on Mane in the summer but the truth is £35m isnt that much anymore, the clubs who we are competing against now regularly spend more than that on the likes of Pogba, Stones, Sanchez, Ozil, Sterling, Martial, Di Maria, Mata etc etc.
I know we aren't going to be signing a Bale or a Neymar anytime soon but a club of our size and stature should be able to sign the likes of Van Dijk, Dahoud and Pulisic, if we are not in the running for even them then I just can't see how we can compete.

Did you not watch the Euro's last summer?
Joe Hart + Big Games = A pressured Keeper!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:42 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:09 pm wrote:I wouldn't mind Hart tbh, I think he could do a similar job for us to what Van Der Saar did for United, as an out-and-out shot stopper Mingolet is probably better than Hart but I just think Joe is less likely to crumble under pressure. I do think it's all academic anyway, no way would City sell him to us, they are not going to help one of their rivals out of a hole, it would be like us selling Arsenal Sturridge if they had a striker crisis.

Pogba, Stone, Martial have all been poor, poor signings. As was Di Maria. All big money players who have done f**k all. Sterling has slowly improved at City, but I've yet to meet one of their fans who thinks he's worth the money they paid us. I wouldn't have Ozil here either and the fact the lad wants £200+ a week is hilarious  :laugh: 

So out of those 8 big money players, just 2 are not sh!t. Point proven.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:29 pm

The thing with the so called 'top players' is they bring baggage along with them. AKA EGO! It's not just about money... It's about being the main man.
This can unsettle many teams as Maureen found this out at R Madrid, Chel$ki and although he's beloved Manure look they have turned a corner they will only need to lose one and draw another over the Xmas period and he's back under pressure. Not knowing if he has the full support of his team.
---
Klopp is building his squad the right way IMO.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:33 pm

Brazilian forward Gabriel Barbosa linked with a January loan from Inter Milan where he seems unsettled.

Has a Couthino feel about his career though his market value is much higher than we paid Inter back then.

I mean rumours fly about, but he would seem to fit the bill in terms of profile and replace Mane short term.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill