Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Reg » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:01 am

'Mourinho targets Saints' Van Dijk in January United swoop'

I thought we had a monopoly on Southampton players?!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:07 pm

Tenuous link to Cristian Pavon a forward from Boca Juniors, never heard of him but thats what scouts are for. New name out there, see if anything comes of it.

Do like that Van Dijk and not surprised few are looking at him,only downside as suggested is another Southampton player and its grating a bit keep taking from them.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:39 pm

According to Express (h/t the Sunday Mirror) Liverpool will make a £26 million bid for Borussia Monchengladbach’s Mahmoud Dahoud in January.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:45 pm

Where will we play Dahoud?

Is he more central or a wide man.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:47 pm

redshade » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:45 pm wrote:Where will we play Dahoud?

Is he more central or a wide man.

Central midfielder who usually plays deep and dictates play. He remains me a lot of Alonso...but have only seen a handful of games on the tellybox of him. Think he can also player a more advanced role too.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:53 pm

So possibly he will play in Wijnaldum/Can role or even Hendo.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:54 am

7_Kewell » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:39 pm wrote:According to Express (h/t the Sunday Mirror) Liverpool will make a £26 million bid for Borussia Monchengladbach’s Mahmoud Dahoud in January.

BVB looking at him with Sahin going the other direction apparently
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:55 am

And also read today the Bitters are looking to push the Iranian Messi from under our noses...
bunglemark2

Postby eds » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:22 am

Just did a bit of digging around.

Dahoud will have only 1 year left on his contract at the end of this season, so why we would pay 26m for him is beyond me.

Also the guy was born in Syria and moved to Germany, having been capped a number of times for the junior German international side. Not sure where the "Iranian Messi" tag has come from?

That being said I haven't actually seen that much of him, if he is an improvement on Can and Henderson (who are both limited in ability) it will definitely strengthen us though.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:42 am

:Oo:  :Oo:
eds » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:22 am wrote:Just did a bit of digging around.

Dahoud will have only 1 year left on his contract at the end of this season, so why we would pay 26m for him is beyond me.

Also the guy was born in Syria and moved to Germany, having been capped a number of times for the junior German international side. Not sure where the "Iranian Messi" tag has come from?

That being said I haven't actually seen that much of him, if he is an improvement on Can and Henderson (who are both limited in ability) it will definitely strengthen us though.

The "Iranian Messi" plays for FC Rostov. He's not Dahoud
bunglemark2

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:39 pm

Contract running down or not if we could get Dahoud for £26m it would be a bargain, he's only 20 don't forget, £26m is buttons these days for a highly rated player with over a decade of top level football left in him.
He'd be a perfect fit for us as well, his coach at BMG said the only criticism he'd level at the lad is that he runs too much and covers too much ground, he said he needs to learn to be more efficient or he'll be burned out by the time he's 27.
Dahoud is quick, very tidy on the ball (a bit like Lallana) and presses like a turbo charged version of Hendo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kartiek » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:49 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:39 pm wrote:and presses like a turbo charged version of Hendo.

:Oo:
kartiek

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:38 am

He's quicker than Hendo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kartiek » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:29 pm

For the first time in a long time, I don't think I really care whether we spend or not in the transfer window.
kartiek

Postby maguskwt » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:39 pm wrote:

Contract running down or not if we could get Dahoud for £26m it would be a bargain, he's only 20 don't forget, £26m is buttons these days for a highly rated player with over a decade of top level football left in him.
He'd be a perfect fit for us as well, his coach at BMG said the only criticism he'd level at the lad is that he runs too much and covers too much ground, he said he needs to learn to be more efficient or he'll be burned out by the time he's 27.
Dahoud is quick, very tidy on the ball (a bit like Lallana) and presses like a turbo charged version of Hendo.

Agreed about the price mate... we keep saying why should we pay this much or that much on players and next thing you know, these good players are signed by clubs like Spurs, Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal. And we keep wondering why we have mediocre players and salivate at some of the players that others have. We cant really compete in an all out bidding war against the money clubs. But we could compete by being decisive and early. That's how Rafa did it...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill