Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:06 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:48 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:54 pm wrote:Strong rumours Mata is off to the bitters for £25m. Looks like their new owners are looking to make a mark this summer

Wouldn't surprise me if that move happened tbh, i cant see him staying at United given his relationship with Mourinho.

Mata's agent has rubbished this report and says if he leaves he wants to go back to Spain
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:17 pm

If we could get both Neves and Dahoud it would be an exceptional transfer window.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:39 pm

Crystal Palace have submitted a bid of 27 million pounds with add-ons that could rise to 31.5 million pounds for Liverpool striker Christian Benteke according to The Guardian

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... nsfer-News
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:44 pm

I'll get the car out...   I'll take him there myself!
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:01 pm

leeroy74 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:44 pm wrote:I'll get the car out...   I'll take him there myself!

Yuuup and if your busy I will drive him up  :grinning:

The Liverpool Echo are also now reporting the exact same bid, so this must have substance, I would stop with the hard ball and take this offer now

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... c-11565401
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:54 pm

We basically bought Mane with the money from Skrtel and Benteke.

Possible we didnt pay £35m for Benteke in the first place as media tend to inflate our incomings and reduce the price on sales.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby andy_g » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:47 pm

84 million for pogba. crazy crazy crazy. within 2 seasons 100 million will be the going rate for any top level player. feckin bonkers all of it

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:48 pm

Have to say I've been a bit underwhelmed with what we're after this summer. The players we've signed so far are OK but nothing to get REALLY excited about. Having some Polish kid I've never heard of as our number one target for our most important position is very underwhelming for me. Going after the likes of Ben Chilwell is a bit of a joke. Even the links with Mahmoud Dahoud, a player I've actually seen in action, is nothing to write home about.

I'm sorry for all the negativism but this transfer window has average written all over it. The only hopeful thing is that signing the prospects of tomorrow has always been Klopp's style, but I've seen this approach fail too many times.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:00 am

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:56 am

Sadio Mané for £30M
If sell benteke for £31.5M

- £1.5M net spend
- Grujic, Matip & Karius in £9.8M

Also forgot skertel 5 mill.

So far decent. Means we should have plenty more money to spend.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:40 am

Yep let's get Big Ben out now.

$31.5m is very good money, especially as every major club in Europe knows we want to offload this misfit!

Damjan, I'm also like you not fully convinced on where this is going with Klopp . But will wait to see after the summer window where we are at with players coming in and what players we have been able to offload. Coutinho, Firmino, Lallana, Mane, Sturridge, Origi and Ings will score goals but we need defensive midfield reinforcements for Can and Lucas. We are taking a big risk in bringing in another kid like Dahood or Zielinski. But this is a risk Klopp has to wear, as he is ultimately responsible for what he is trying to build.

Unfortunately I have resigned myself to the fact that we will need to wait a few years before most of these young 20 year olds come good and we can actually challenge for top 4 and beyond.

That's if we haven't sold them off though.  :down:
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby devaney » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:50 am

The fact that another club is prepared to pay a potential total sum of £31.5m for Benteke shows how mad the world of football has become. He was an idiotic purchase by Liverpool's heavily criticised tranfer committee. Square peg into a round hole as I have said before. Nothing against Benteke but I just don't think he is that good. TAKE THE MONEY AND BE THANKFUL THAT PALACE HAVEN'T GOT ANY SCOUTS  :laugh:
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:03 am

damjan193 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:48 pm wrote:Have to say I've been a bit underwhelmed with what we're after this summer. The players we've signed so far are OK but nothing to get REALLY excited about. Having some Polish kid I've never heard of as our number one target for our most important position is very underwhelming for me. Going after the likes of Ben Chilwell is a bit of a joke. Even the links with Mahmoud Dahoud, a player I've actually seen in action, is nothing to write home about.

I'm sorry for all the negativism but this transfer window has average written all over it. The only hopeful thing is that signing the prospects of tomorrow has always been Klopp's style, but I've seen this approach fail too many times.

I'd say most fans agree with you mate, in fact there was a recent article in the Echo which highlighted those very same concerns, its not that fans think we are signing bad players per se, it's just that they question wether the players we are bringing in are good enough to catapult us from 8th into the top 4.
After all it's not as if the teams in and around us are standing still, as we are signing Mane, Grujic etc our rivals are signing the likes of Aubemeyang, Zlatan, Gundogan, Xhaka, Mkhitaryan, Batshuayi etc etc.
Looking at some of those names one or two might argue that the gap between us and the top teams has got wider this summer, not narrower!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:15 am

I'm concerned at the moment, seems to me that we're back in the pecking order for bigger names making it difficult for us to get a free run at our targets

I'm hopeful we can tie up Dahoud, Neves and a left back. That would bolster the squad a lot
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:32 am

Klopp is cleaning up the mess that was left by Rodgers and the TC. It cost us CL football even though Klopp tried his best to achieve that goal. It's what's eventually cost us getting the big names this summer as players want either massive wages or champions league football, and we  unfortunately offer niether!!

Our only chance of getting any chance of CL football is to keep our best players and hope to convince the young up and coming quality players that we are a good destination to come to. Then hopefully these youngsters flourish next year and we get into the top 4 places... hopefully then the year after that we have CL footall to help us get the bigger names to join us and we can realistically challenge for the title.

The Europa league final has set us back a year in progression.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill