Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 31, 2016 12:23 pm

red till i die!! » Mon May 30, 2016 10:59 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 30, 2016 8:16 pm wrote:With no European football 3 CF's (Sturridge, Origi and Ings) should be more than enough cover for next season.
Imo we need to be signing quality CM's and AM's, not CF's, we need players that can dictate games, all we have at the moment are players that just run round a lot.

3 strikers would be enough yakka if it wasn't those 3. We have been foolish enough to rely on Sturridge for the last 2 seasons and to make it a 3rd would be criminal. Origi has done well in spurts this season but for me his best work is done out wide as he is still a bit raw in front of goal. That leaves ing's who by all accounts will work his socks off but he doesn't have the strike rate that we will need. Its highly likely that Sturridge will be in and out of the side next season so I think if we really want to make waves into that top 4 then we will need another.

Sturridge and Origi are quality players mate, why spend a fortune replacing quality players when there are other area's of the team where we desperately lack quality? I'd much rather see us concentrate on improving our midfield myself because that is the area where games are really won and lost.
Whatever happens we really need to start getting our money out on the pitch, the amount of dough we've spent over the years on players that end up barely getting a game is staggering, when you add up what we've wasted on the likes of Alberto, Aspas, Allen etc etc it would have been cheaper in the long run to have bought Messi for £200m.
Whoever we bring in needs to pretty much be a cast iron guaranteed starter, if the last few years have shown us anything it's that this scattergun transfer policy doesn't work.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue May 31, 2016 1:50 pm

Strikers are not our main priority, although I can see us bringing someone in if/when Benteke leaves.

Personally, I'd like to see us bring in Jonas Hector and Mahmoud Dahoud. A creative wide man would also be at the top of my transfer priorities ahead of a striker as we desperately need someone with pace who can play on the flanks as we've not yet replaced Stirling.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:00 am

A few of the papers reporting we are very close to signing Belgian midfielder Samuel Bastien

I must be honest, I have never heard of him, nor seen him play, seems to be a growing trend even under JK to go for these talented and promising youngsters

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... ews-gossip
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:35 am

Yeah never heard of him aswel. Few rumours on pepe reina back to us.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:21 pm

I'd take Reina back more for his personality and positivity in the dressing room. He started to struggle near the end of his time here, but I think he'd have a positive impact on the young guys. Could be a mentor for Karius- maybe even transition into a Keeper coach. He's always been the type to play for his shirt and the fans- something lacking in many footballers today.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Penguins » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:10 pm

Nah, with Karius coming in and Mignolet signed up it makes zero sense picking up a very expensive 3rd option.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:37 pm

Samuel Bastien ,there's not a lot of information about him other than he's a Belgian U21 player ,and Anderlecht recently offered him a position in the first team next season to ward off the attention of Liverpool , Florentina ,and Sporting Lisbon ,highly regarded in the Belgian media as one for the future. 

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:51 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:37 pm wrote:Samuel Bastien ,there's not a lot of information about him other than he's a Belgian U21 player ,and Anderlecht recently offered him a position in the first team next season to ward off the attention of Liverpool , Florentina ,and Sporting Lisbon ,highly regarded in the Belgian media as one for the future. 

TBH - I have no problem with us signing players like this. He looks fast, direct, can shoot and hungry for success. For the $$$$ get him in, loan him out and see how develops under JK, he will only get stronger and quicker.
---
I'd rather us sign players of this ilk rather than spending 25m (and hefty wages) on so called premiership experienced players that lack both heart and bottle.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:17 pm

http://www.espnfc.com/story/2884419/liverpool-eye-move-for-turkey-youngster-emre-mor-source

Another 18 yr old ,but in this case he's just grabbed a place for Turkey at the Euro's ,so we might be stealing a march on other clubs securing him before he has time to show his ability in France.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:30 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:17 pm wrote:http://www.espnfc.com/story/2884419/liverpool-eye-move-for-turkey-youngster-emre-mor-source

Another 18 yr old ,but in this case he's just grabbed a place for Turkey at the Euro's ,so we might be stealing a march on other clubs securing him before he has time to show his ability in France.

What we all should bare in mind is that JK had 6 months off and in that period probably watched dozens of matches with an eyeful watch on future talent...
In JK we trust!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:32 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:17 pm wrote:http://www.espnfc.com/story/2884419/liverpool-eye-move-for-turkey-youngster-emre-mor-source

Emre mor, watched him a few times. Seems to have decent potential.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:51 pm

They do look decent prospects but if lads like those 2 are the height of our ambition then we are going to need a miracle to get into the top 4 next season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:06 am

johnbarnes wrote:[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1276674#p1276674]

loan him out and see how develops under JK,

If he is loaned out then how can he possibly develop under klopp ?

Personally I feel we have enough talent already here that should be given the chance to develop first.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:33 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:51 pm wrote:They do look decent prospects but if lads like those 2 are the height of our ambition then we are going to need a miracle to get into the top 4 next season.

I actually think its a good sign that we're spending buttons ,rather than stalking Southampton just waiting to throw millions at them. In all seriousness if we were spending big money on the likes of Mane ,Long and Drinkwater then that wouldn't be a good sign ,it would certainly be familiar territory ,but it would be a track we don't want to follow.

I just think we're  biding our time until the players Klopp truly wants become available, and when the need for 'real money' to be spent is unavoidable ,have faith fella no club has bought big thus far ,the manager will know his targets and how and when to recruit them.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:19 am

City have confirmed the signing of Gundogan this morning mate, our midfield was already miles behind the likes of City's and Arsenal's and now those clubs have widened the gap even further by bringing in the likes of Xhaka and Gundogan.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill