Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 28, 2016 10:45 am

Even the Echo are reporting our interest in Mane.
When Jurgen first arrived all the talk seemed to be about players like Gundogan, Lewandoski, Gotze, Xhaka, Hummels and Subotic following him here, indeed many fans/journo's thought one of those players might even arrive in the January but now summers here in true Liverpool fashion the Lewandoski's have turned into Mane's and the Hummels into Ben Chiliwell's.
Someone needs to tell FSG that Mane is a decent player but we already have better CF's at the club in Sturridge and Origi.
The bottom line is we are not going to bridge the sizeable gap from 8th to 1st by signing even more Southampton players and signing players inferior to the ones we've already got.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 28, 2016 10:49 am

I'm confident that whoever arrives this summer will be a Klopp player. I don't think he'll bring in anyone he doesn't want. Have faith!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat May 28, 2016 11:46 am

7_Kewell » Sat May 28, 2016 10:49 am wrote:I'm confident that whoever arrives this summer will be a Klopp player. I don't think he'll bring in anyone he doesn't want. Have faith!

Amen !!  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat May 28, 2016 12:08 pm

Ben f*cking Chilwell ? He hasnt even impressed at Leicester when I've seen him. I remember watching a game he was playing and keeping an eye on him because the commentators were talking about what a big talent he is. He was terrible ! Not quick enough to ever become a top class full back and his decision making is questionable. I'd actually go the opposite route and look to bring in an experienced LB who could help Moreno develop  rather than another young gamble. Maybe we should be looking at Maxwell who looks to be leaving PSG.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 28, 2016 1:13 pm

7_Kewell » Sat May 28, 2016 9:49 am wrote:I'm confident that whoever arrives this summer will be a Klopp player. I don't think he'll bring in anyone he doesn't want. Have faith!

I look at it this way mate, is the player we are bringing in going to significantly upgrade our starting XI?
Arsenal thought the centre of their midfield let them down last year so they have gone out and bought Granit Xhaka, is he going to significantly improve their midfield? Is he better than anyone they have already got? Is he a shoe in for their starting XI? I'd say yes.
Is Mane going to significantly improve our attack? Is he better than the players we have already got? Is he a shoe in for our starting XI given we already have the likes of Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino and Origi? I'd say no.
As a club we need to starting signing players that will walk into our starting XI and players that will turn up every week, Mane already has a reputation as a player that blows hot and cold, do we really need another £20m+ signing that turns up when he feels like? We already have a squad full of players like that, our players don't even bother turning up for finals.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat May 28, 2016 2:15 pm

Although there will be a lot of money avaliable to teams this summer, I don't think there is enough talent out there to spend it on. The ones that are avaliable, will have every CL and moneybags team after them and we will struggle to compete with them at my this moment in time.

Likes of Lewandowski, Gundagan, Reus etc are pipe dreams. Lazy journalism just linking JK to players his previously managed but realistically.

We need to be much more selective in what we do and pick out potential gems that will bloom into quality players. We are not going to go out there and buy a Lewandowski, Higuain etc who have the pick of any team they want. I actually work with a German guy who happens to support Bayern and remember him reading the Lewandowski link to us and he burst out laughing at it and said that would be like the bitters trying to sign Aguero from Manchester City.

What we can do is try and prise away a player such as a Gotze or an Isco who are maybe not getting a lot of playing time but even then the competition is fierce. I'm confident  JK will find the players that will excel in his setup. Yes they may not necessarily be world beaters currently but they will click together to make the TEAM better
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 28, 2016 2:33 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 28, 2016 2:48 pm

Doeboy » Sat May 28, 2016 1:15 pm wrote:Although there will be a lot of money avaliable to teams this summer, I don't think there is enough talent out there to spend it on. The ones that are avaliable, will have every CL and moneybags team after them and we will struggle to compete with them at my this moment in time.

Likes of Lewandowski, Gundagan, Reus etc are pipe dreams. Lazy journalism just linking JK to players his previously managed but realistically.

We need to be much more selective in what we do and pick out potential gems that will bloom into quality players. We are not going to go out there and buy a Lewandowski, Higuain etc who have the pick of any team they want. I actually work with a German guy who happens to support Bayern and remember him reading the Lewandowski link to us and he burst out laughing at it and said that would be like the bitters trying to sign Aguero from Manchester City.

What we can do is try and prise away a player such as a Gotze or an Isco who are maybe not getting a lot of playing time but even then the competition is fierce. I'm confident  JK will find the players that will excel in his setup. Yes they may not necessarily be world beaters currently but they will click together to make the TEAM better

Mane only scored 2 more league goals than Benteke last season, the same Benteke that barely featured for us and is widely considered a flop. Buying mid table prem players has seen us pretty much blow the Suarez and Sterling money, why are we going down that same road again?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat May 28, 2016 3:06 pm

To be fair, Mane isn't an out out striker.  More a wide forward. Agree about his consistency not quite being there but he is one of those guys that seems to directly influence games with his pace and directness  when he is on it
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 28, 2016 5:19 pm

Looks like the Dahoud deal is off then, it said in the Echo we were looking to sign either Dahoud or Zielinski and by the sounds of it Dahoud was our preferred option but BMG have already sold 2 of their best players this summer (Xhaka (to Arsenal) and Nordveit (to West Ham)) and their fans would flip if they sold another.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat May 28, 2016 5:49 pm

Doeboy » Sat May 28, 2016 2:15 pm wrote:Although there will be a lot of money avaliable to teams this summer, I don't think there is enough talent out there to spend it on. The ones that are avaliable, will have every CL and moneybags team after them and we will struggle to compete with them at my this moment in time.

Good post. I don't want us to snap panic buys aswel. 25+ mill mane no thanks. The big targets will be difficult to get but im sure Klopp will find his sort of players that he did at Dortmund. Time will tell but who knows maybe Matip and Karius will stamp their claim on first xi. Considering we've not spend much on them.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 29, 2016 11:41 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat May 28, 2016 12:13 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Sat May 28, 2016 9:49 am wrote:I'm confident that whoever arrives this summer will be a Klopp player. I don't think he'll bring in anyone he doesn't want. Have faith!

I look at it this way mate, is the player we are bringing in going to significantly upgrade our starting XI?
Arsenal thought the centre of their midfield let them down last year so they have gone out and bought Granit Xhaka, is he going to significantly improve their midfield? Is he better than anyone they have already got? Is he a shoe in for their starting XI? I'd say yes.
Is Mane going to significantly improve our attack? Is he better than the players we have already got? Is he a shoe in for our starting XI given we already have the likes of Sturridge, Coutinho, Firmino and Origi? I'd say no.
As a club we need to starting signing players that will walk into our starting XI and players that will turn up every week, Mane already has a reputation as a player that blows hot and cold, do we really need another £20m+ signing that turns up when he feels like? We already have a squad full of players like that, our players don't even bother turning up for finals.

I hear what you're saying, I really do. But I don't think it's worth getting upset about any of the 2 million players we have been linked to this summer.

So far, we've signed Matip on a free (a highly rated defender who Schalke did everything to keep), Karius for buttons (one of the hottest prospects in Germany) and Grujic for 5 million (I don't know anything about him though).

That's two first teamers and a young prospect from Red Star Belgrade for under £10 million. That's not a bad start to our business.
Last edited by 7_Kewell on Sun May 29, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun May 29, 2016 4:45 pm

Whilst true the window is still early it does feel like we are heading down an all too familiar and frankly unsuccessful path in terms if recruitment.

I understand value for money and not being stupid but our transfer policy has been an epic failure and unless we go about things in a different way then nothing will change.

I want us to build a team to win next season, regardless of age and value for money, sporting decisions not business ones.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon May 30, 2016 12:17 am

devaney » Fri May 27, 2016 5:57 am wrote:Eds when the fk has Suarez ever been a prat off the field ???

We nearly win the league under Rogers and it was all down to Suarez according to you !!

We get to two cup finals this season and it was all down to Klopp according to you !! NO DOUBT IT WAS THE PLAYERS FAULT (OR EVEN THE OWNERS) THAT WE LOST THEM BOTH !!

Lets not give the owners any credit for these achievements though even if they did employ the services of Suarez and Klopp  :help

Dev what achievements do we want to be congratulating FSG on?

After 6 long seasons we have won 1 league cup under them and continued to under-performed in the league, 5 out of 6 seasons.

Now looking into our 7th season, I will say that again so it sinks in, our 7th season under them we are no closer than we were in their first year.

Their obsession with over spending on youth and refusing to spend money on established players has cost this club dearly. Where is our leadership and who are our fulcrum players right now?

We all know Rodgers was nothing more than a clever salesman, that should NEVER have been here. He will never amount to anything but for some inexplicable reason, that will never sink in with the likes of you and rest of the cultists on here. The fact that our owners kept persisting with someone who was never going to fit in, speaks volumes of their ineptitude. It also highlights what a great player Suarez was when he was here, under a mediocre manager. 

As for Klopp I do remember quiet well that I criticized both him and the players on a woeful 2nd half in the UEFA Cup final which cost us a spot in next season's CL. A competition which he would have done well in, if he had the right players and free reign to bring in who he wants. But I'm still not convinced that is going to happen, another alarming pattern is still unfolding in that every player we have brought in under Klopp and are linked with is currently under 25 years of age. We aren't going anywhere under FSG and sadly only a few on this forum are slowly waking up to the lies, rubbish and propaganda they have spoon fed you since taking over.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby C-R » Mon May 30, 2016 5:39 am

The silly season is in full swing and just like every window we are being linked with Higuain, this morning the Mirror claiming he wants to play under Klopp and join Liverpool

Napoli supposedly want Lukapoo

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-8077110
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill