Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:53 pm

C-R » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:58 pm wrote: Money aside, we simply cannot keep selling our better players, there needs to come a point where we say NO MORE

Yep, last summer we sold Sterling, the summer before that we sold Suarez, if Coutinho leaves this summer then it won't be hard to see why we are a mid table side.
No wonder Gotze is swerving us with a talent drain like that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:02 pm

johnbarnes » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:24 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:06 am wrote:
johnbarnes wrote:[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1276674#p1276674]

loan him out and see how develops under JK,

If he is loaned out then how can he possibly develop under klopp ?
The same way the Class of 92 were developed under SAF - ship 'em out on loan. It's nothing new, clubs have been doing it for decades

Personally I feel we have enough talent already here that should be given the chance to develop first.

A football club can never have enough talent in its ranks!

Who from that united side was sent out on loan to develop ? I am struggling to think of one tbh.

Signing young players and sending them out on loan has become part of the modern game but it didn't happen back then and if it did it was rare. If a manager likes a player he will fit him in regardless of his age at some capacity so he can develop him. The one's that do go on loan are usually the ones the manager doesn't rate and when/if they do return, it usually isn't long before they leave again.

If this lad arrives and gets sent out on loan then we are still moneyballing  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:23 pm

Pretty sure Beckham went on loan to Preston. Dunno about the rest...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:53 pm wrote:
C-R » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:58 pm wrote: Money aside, we simply cannot keep selling our better players, there needs to come a point where we say NO MORE

Yep, last summer we sold Sterling, the summer before that we sold Suarez, if Coutinho leaves this summer then it won't be hard to see why we are a mid table side.

I want to keep Coutinho aswel. Each time we sell our best players we never really replace them immediately. The only time we were successful was when Torres was sold and we snapped Suarez. Given the fact that we spunked 30 odd mill for Carroll which could have been used better.

Then again when a player wants to go it becomes a bit of a predicament.

Owen, Macha, Alonso, Torres, Suarez, Sterling all wanted to go.
I guess the problem is making money out of them or losing them for free when their contract runs out.
These days its difficult keeping your best players if Barca, Real come knocking on your door.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:16 am

gundogan would have improved us tremendously. I'm sorry to say but Liverpool right now cannot compete with alot of clubs in the transfer market. we have to go for either 2nd tier players or hope that the yoing promising players become stars. That's one of our biggest failures right now. I miss the  days where Rafa jumped at opportunities to buy the likes of Alonso, Masherano, Torres etc. They werent really the cream of the crop in the transfer market back then but their talent was clear to see. We were the early birds back then but now we can't even pull off the early bird routine...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:39 am

This morning's papers are reporting that if Chelsea fail to re sign Lukapoo they will come in for Benteke
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:55 am

Chelsea in for Benteke?   anything north of £2.5m take it.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:14 am

Benteke isn't a bad player. But his limitations have been exposed at LFC. Sell for anything over £20m
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:14 am

maguskwt » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:16 am wrote:gundogan would have improved us tremendously. I'm sorry to say but Liverpool right now cannot compete with alot of clubs in the transfer market. we have to go for either 2nd tier players or hope that the yoing promising players become stars. That's one of our biggest failures right now. I miss the  days where Rafa jumped at opportunities to buy the likes of Alonso, Masherano, Torres etc. They werent really the cream of the crop in the transfer market back then but their talent was clear to see. We were the early birds back then but now we can't even pull off the early bird routine...

The guys injured (knee by all accounts) so he may never reach his skill set again...
JK will have a team that competes even if it's not full of house hold names.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:18 am

If he is loaned out then how can he possibly develop under klopp ?
The same way the Class of 92 were developed under SAF - ship 'em out on loan. It's nothing new, clubs have been doing it for decades

Personally I feel we have enough talent already here that should be given the chance to develop first.[/quote]
A football club can never have enough talent in its ranks![/quote]

Who from that united side was sent out on loan to develop ? I am struggling to think of one tbh.
Beckham for start. He was a Blackpool for a season...

Signing young players and sending them out on loan has become part of the modern game but it didn't happen back then and if it did it was rare. If a manager likes a player he will fit him in regardless of his age at some capacity so he can develop him. The one's that do go on loan are usually the ones the manager doesn't rate and when/if they do return, it usually isn't long before they leave again.

If this lad arrives and gets sent out on loan then we are still moneyballing  :nod[/quote]

You may be right. But at least give the JK reign its time to develop and flourish...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:22 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:53 pm wrote:

Both Sterling ans LS wanted to leave.
LS made the right career move for himself, which we could all see, acknowledge and is now proven.
Sterling is just a little B!TCH who needed a slap (at the time) but we didn't have JK in place to deliver that B!TCH SLAP!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:11 am

I don't wanna loose Coutinho at all.
BUT if he wants to leave and PSG are in for him he is pretty much gone.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:56 am

We robbed City in the Sterling deal. In fact, if we offered their money back now, they'd snap out hand off  :laugh:
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:06 pm

The Jonas Hector speculation gathering pace again over night and this morning, might well be some legs in this story, not seen too much of him, but looks a lot more solid than Moreno
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:25 pm

C-R » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:06 pm wrote:The Jonas Hector speculation gathering pace again over night and this morning, might well be some legs in this story, not seen too much of him, but looks a lot more solid than Moreno

Ben Chilwell is our man (or boy). I'm guessing he'll be here in time for pre-season and he'll battle it out with Moreno next season.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill