Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Penguins » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:09 pm

Well, we can't expect those kinds of signings.
1. They wouldn't come
2. We wouldn't pay those amounts.

I expect more prospects and young players that JK must make into stars.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:18 pm

We can pay it (although I image the wages are 200k plus) but they wouldn't come here without a recent run of success or champions league participation.

In Klopp we trust... :buttrock
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:42 pm

Well let's not be under any illusions how tough it's going to be next season then, last season was our joint lowest finish in the league in 62 years, the only other time we finished this low was in Souness's last year when we had to play our under 21 side for half the season because of a devastating injury crisis (oh and Kenny's last season too).
Our answer to that record low finish seems to be continuing to speculate in the transfer market, i.e  buying young players who we can make a large profit on down the line.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:24 pm

red till i die!! » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:06 am wrote:
johnbarnes wrote:[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1276674#p1276674]

loan him out and see how develops under JK,

If he is loaned out then how can he possibly develop under klopp ?
The same way the Class of 92 were developed under SAF - ship 'em out on loan. It's nothing new, clubs have been doing it for decades

Personally I feel we have enough talent already here that should be given the chance to develop first.

A football club can never have enough talent in its ranks!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:25 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:33 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:51 pm wrote:They do look decent prospects but if lads like those 2 are the height of our ambition then we are going to need a miracle to get into the top 4 next season.

I actually think its a good sign that we're spending buttons ,rather than stalking Southampton just waiting to throw millions at them. In all seriousness if we were spending big money on the likes of Mane ,Long and Drinkwater then that wouldn't be a good sign ,it would certainly be familiar territory ,but it would be a track we don't want to follow.

I just think we're  biding our time until the players Klopp truly wants become available, and when the need for 'real money' to be spent is unavoidable ,have faith fella no club has bought big thus far ,the manager will know his targets and how and when to recruit them.

+1 ^^^
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:58 pm

PSG after Coutinho according to French papers

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:17 pm

[quote="C-R » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:58 pm"]PSG after Coutinho according to French papers

If they want him, they can pay for him.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:45 pm

Losing Coutinho to PSG would not only be a huge blow to our prestige but the quality of our squad as well.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:58 pm

£45 million is the sum being banded around, not sure how I feel about this

He does play very hot and cold, I mean he won some big games for us in the league, but then goes missing for long periods of the season, I mean just look at both cup finals

Money aside, we simply cannot keep selling our better players, there needs to come a point where we say NO MORE
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:28 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:19 am wrote:City have confirmed the signing of Gundogan this morning mate, our midfield was already miles behind the likes of City's and Arsenal's and now those clubs have widened the gap even further by bringing in the likes of Xhaka and Gundogan.

Yeah but City have had that deal sealed for a while now ,so too Arsenal with Xhaka ,as for Gundogan he was signed from Nurnberg by Klopp as an unknown. What I'm saying is even Superstars have to start somewhere ,I mean look at Leicester ,they consisted largely of unknowns ,free transfers and championship players.

I think what we're forgetting is the young players the manager is recruiting will be his to shape ,with exactly the same process he used at Dortmund . Liverpool will be a completely different animal next season mate ,with no room for bottlers and the inconsistency that plagued the season just gone .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:45 pm wrote:Losing Coutinho to PSG would not only be a huge blow to our prestige but the quality of our squad as well.

If Pastore was offered in exchange  I would take their hand off ,otherwise they can fuck off !
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:39 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:45 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:45 pm wrote:Losing Coutinho to PSG would not only be a huge blow to our prestige but the quality of our squad as well.

If Pastore was offered in exchange  I would take their hand off ,otherwise they can fuck off !

Exactly this ^^^
I expect JK to be an even bigger animal in negotiating transfers than what he is on our touchline. There's no way JK will allow one of the worlds top prospects to leave without LFC reaping the benefits one way or another.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:50 pm

Good player, but he's no Suarez.

That said, we need to keep our best players, although I'd trust Klopp to replace him if he does go. In Klopp we trust  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:42 pm

According to Paul Joyce (who is usually a pretty reliable journo when it comes to all things LFC) there are 2 other unnamed clubs interested in signing Coutinho as well. He also reckons PSG have already made contact with Coutinho's representatives.
If Barcelona are one of those unnamed clubs then he's as good as gone IMO.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:50 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:42 pm wrote:According to Paul Joyce (who is usually a pretty reliable journo when it comes to all things LFC) there are 2 other unnamed clubs interested in signing Coutinho as well. He also reckons PSG have already made contact with Coutinho's representatives.
If Barcelona are one of those unnamed clubs then he's as good as gone IMO.

Can't we persuade them to take Lallana instead  :D
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill