Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby leeroy74 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:50 am

Brahimi never touches the ball with his left foot once. He's completely right footed.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 26, 2016 12:29 pm

Although it looks like Gotze wants to stay at Bayern it seems that Bayern aren't too keen on the idea themselves.
They are basically telling him to find another club, from their point of view I suppose it makes sense, his current deal runs out in 12 months time and in terms of AM's they are absolutely stacked (Robben, Costa, Ribbery, Coman and Muller).
€25m for someone with a year left on their contract is good business, especially when you have that position more than covered.
Dortmund will probably be favourites to sign him now after he basically f[uck]ed us off, understandably though I think Bayern would prefer it if he moved abroad.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu May 26, 2016 2:50 pm

"Apparently" he was on the verge of signing a deal with us that would have seen him pocket £175k a week.. but then he split from his agent and decided to stay at Bayern. I couldn't care less if he joins or not now to be honest... He showed we wasn't his first choice.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu May 26, 2016 3:49 pm

I agree not really bothered if he comes or not now. His had a top chance of joining us being respected and able to develope his game here even more. The lads a douche.
Seems like he wants to go back to Dortmund. I wouldn't be surprised if his only way back there was on a free when contract is over. Maybe dortmund don't want to cough up cash and rather have him free next year.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Thu May 26, 2016 6:13 pm

You guys are crazy.

He chose to stay at Bayern Munich, one of the three top clubs in the work to try and fight for his place then come to Liverpool who have no Europe at all next season, and finished mid table. Looking outside in, we don't look that enticing to a 23 year old other than the fact we have klopp. If he reconsidered I'd take him in a heart beat.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu May 26, 2016 8:10 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu May 26, 2016 11:29 am wrote:Although it looks like Gotze wants to stay at Bayern it seems that Bayern aren't too keen on the idea themselves.
They are basically telling him to find another club, from their point of view I suppose it makes sense, his current deal runs out in 12 months time and in terms of AM's they are absolutely stacked (Robben, Costa, Ribbery, Coman and Muller).
€25m for someone with a year left on their contract is good business, especially when you have that position more than covered.
Dortmund will probably be favourites to sign him now after he basically f[uck]ed us off, understandably though I think Bayern would prefer it if he moved abroad.

He's not that popular with Dortmund fans mate ,and that's just me being nice

http://www.goal.com/en/news/725/bundesliga/2016/04/02/21960592/p-off-gotze-dortmund-fans-unfurl-banner-to-protest-potential

And it wasn't the only banner fella

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Fri May 27, 2016 2:28 am

ethanr » Thu May 26, 2016 5:13 pm wrote:You guys are crazy.

He chose to stay at Bayern Munich, one of the three top clubs in the work to try and fight for his place then come to Liverpool who have no Europe at all next season, and finished mid table. Looking outside in, we don't look that enticing to a 23 year old other than the fact we have klopp. If he reconsidered I'd take him in a heart beat.

This.

I have never understood the mentality that we act like "scorned lovers" every time a good player turns us down.

The reality is exactly what has been highlighted above, we simply aren't a top destination any more for the world's elite players.

The blame falls on our owners, execs and all of our recruitment involved. They simply need to work harder, sell the message and MAKE this club great again.

So far FSG and their minnions have pi.ss.ed away millions on utter garbage. You need to be a blind, deaf mute NOT to understand that this impacts our credibility and reputation amongst the world's top players.

No point having a sook on why Gotze doesn't want to come here. More pertinent is what the club is doing to address this moving forward.

Lastly this ridiculous notion that every player we target must be a "saint" and want to come here is pure nonsense and the stuff of idealistic fantasies.

In this day and age, most of the top players are prats off the field. We nearly won the league with two of the worst of them in Suarez and Sterling two years ago.

We support a football club here not a nun's convent.

Some of you need to harden the fk up.  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby C-R » Fri May 27, 2016 5:17 am

Saido Mane to Liverpool with Jordan Ibe a make weight in the deal is in this mornings papers

Really not sure about him, he seems to blow hot and cold
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri May 27, 2016 6:57 am

Eds when the fk has Suarez ever been a prat off the field ???

We nearly win the league under Rogers and it was all down to Suarez according to you !!

We get to two cup finals this season and it was all down to Klopp according to you !! NO DOUBT IT WAS THE PLAYERS FAULT (OR EVEN THE OWNERS) THAT WE LOST THEM BOTH !!

Lets not give the owners any credit for these achievements though even if they did employ the services of Suarez and Klopp  :help
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Fri May 27, 2016 8:01 am

When Mane is good, he is very good and is a match winner with his pace and directness which is something we definately need but agree not quite sure the consistency is there with him
Doeboy

Postby Reg » Fri May 27, 2016 10:21 am

Maybe some folks need to read the survival kit to see us all through to the new season:

http://ask.metafilter.com/161302/I-want ... bitterness   :ghostface:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Fri May 27, 2016 5:43 pm

Might be using Mane to draw Gotze out, maybe.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri May 27, 2016 6:04 pm

Mane is on and off i hope we don't buy him.
I would rather keep pushing for Mahmoud Dahoud.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri May 27, 2016 8:46 pm

Hope we don't get Mane, I don't think I could cope with yet another Southampton player!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri May 27, 2016 9:28 pm

Mane is just a decent player as far as I'm concerned. I know we need wingers but I don't think he's the answer as like many have said he's too inconsistent. Leroy Sane would have been the perfect buy but his stock has risen and Bayern and City are gonna fight it out for him.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill