Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 15, 2016 9:30 pm

To be fair it wasn't that long ago that we were 2 days away from going under and the height of our ambition in the transfer market was Christian Poulsen and Paul Konchesky so Mario Gotze is fine by me.
:buttrock  :buttrock
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun May 15, 2016 9:33 pm

Its true, also if we manage to win the final then i feel we will attract more names due to champions league entry.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun May 15, 2016 9:40 pm

redshade » Sun May 15, 2016 8:33 pm wrote:Its true, also if we manage to win the final then i feel we will attract more names due to champions league entry.

That's why it's so important mate, it means a bigger transfer kitty and higher profile transfer targets.
I will be absolutely f[uck]ing gutted if we lose this!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Mon May 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Loris Karius looks a goer from Mainz.

£8m release clause and only 22, clips show him to be a goalie that attacks the ball, more agressive and a bigger lad than Mignolet.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon May 16, 2016 4:45 pm

parchpea » Mon May 16, 2016 4:35 pm wrote:Loris Karius looks a goer from Mainz.

£8m release clause and only 22, clips show him to be a goalie that attacks the ball, more agressive and a bigger lad than Mignolet.

According to all the German outlets it's a done deal, as is the deal for Zielinski the young Polish midfielder, some even suggest that both will be announced this week
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon May 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Would be great to get a new goalie signed before the silly season starts. Don't think Migs is going anywhere, but he'll get less playing time next season and will probably leave of his own accord.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon May 16, 2016 6:53 pm

We need to get all our deals done before the Euros to be fair.. before all the valuations get ridiculously high.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon May 16, 2016 7:12 pm

He got in the team of the season on fifa.. who I'm sure go by the team of the year in the actual bundesliga. If so then this is a major coup for £8m.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Mon May 16, 2016 7:16 pm

aCe' » Sat May 14, 2016 6:58 pm wrote:

At 20mill, he's a gamble worth taking. The thing with Gotze is that -imo- his profile is bigger than his talent. Even at Dortmund, Reus and Lewandowski were always clearly the better players. He's technically gifted but he'll need to adjust to the pace and physicality of the league. I'd have him in the side ahead of Firmino to be honest but I dont expect him to come in and improve us drastically or anything like that. He's significantly better than Ibe, Markovic, Ojo, Milner so it'll be interesting to see whether someone leaves to make way for him or if we go into the next season with all 4 AMs battling for 2 or 3 positions.

One things for sure, signing him would bring us back to the big boys' table when it comes to transfers. More high profile signings please; any chance Bayern would be willing to sell us Alonso too now that theyre signing Renato Sanches?

I  don't agree ace ,I certainly put him ahead of Reus who was out for long periods with persistent injuries ,and as for Bayern ,I have no idea why Guardiola took such umbrage with him and left him out the side ,because for the games he played he was constantly lauded by the German press. I actually think he would improve this team dramatically under Klopp . That said I see him as the perfect replacement for Iniesta ,so I'm expecting Barcelona to get involved soon.

Fingers crossed the Klopp factor has too much of a pull to resist  ,but in terms of talent he's up there with the very best.

Firmino on Gotze

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/670769/Liverpool-Roberto-Firmino-Jurgen-Klopp-sign-Mario-Gotze-transfer-news-gossip

"I know Gotze well from my time in Germany, when I played with Hoffenheim against Borussia Dortmund and Bayern," he told German newspaper Bild. "He has incredible qualities in attack. "He would fit in well with us, and he will surely help us with his class also."
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon May 16, 2016 8:23 pm

The Echo confirming the keeper story too now

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... y-11341802
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon May 16, 2016 9:04 pm

C-R » Mon May 16, 2016 3:45 pm wrote:

According to all the German outlets it's a done deal, as is the deal for Zielinski the young Polish midfielder, some even suggest that both will be announced this week

He looks really skilful that lad - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kBS6mtJbqWY
Apparently he's only 21 as well. Hope we sign him.
I'll go and have a look at this keeper now, thanks for the heads up fella's  :bowdown
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon May 16, 2016 9:31 pm

Karius looks to be a very good shot stopper on his videos.. similar to Mignolet but he seems alot bigger in frame. I'm not sure about his distribution though I hope he's better than Mignolet at that as that's Mings biggest weakness.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Mon May 16, 2016 9:40 pm

This is from German newspaper Bild and is a translation of the original, very interesting summary....

Karius in a nutshell - likes to come for crosses likes to punch not catch, very quick off his line, excellent distributor, also great shot stopper.

And he saves a lot of penalties a lot of penalties, His distribution is as good as reinas. Can't compliment it higher.

Weaknesses. - unorthodox handling methods - likes to come for too much, still young and prone to an odd error
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue May 17, 2016 1:20 am

Confidence is the key, Migs as good as any keeper when he's confident.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Tue May 17, 2016 9:14 am

C-R » Mon May 16, 2016 8:40 pm wrote:This is from German newspaper Bild and is a translation of the original, very interesting summary....

Karius in a nutshell - likes to come for crosses likes to punch not catch, very quick off his line, excellent distributor, also great shot stopper.

And he saves a lot of penalties a lot of penalties, His distribution is as good as reinas. Can't compliment it higher.

Weaknesses. - unorthodox handling methods - likes to come for too much, still young and prone to an odd error

Sounds familiar...

Happy we're getting some of the signings sorted early. CL football is the next thing that needs sorted, that'll dictate the next lot of transfer activity
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill