Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby lucas8 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:17 pm

Klopp's basically strengthening his arsenal with his latest sights
lucas8
LFC Basic Member

Postby Reg » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:43 am

redshade » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:36 am wrote:Apparently Macha interested in EPL return..

I would love to have him part of our squad but i think his wages will be sky high.

Not sure he could re-adapt to the speed of epl, he's 31 years old and been playing in a massive Barcelona comfort zone for too long.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:25 am

Reg » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:43 am wrote:
redshade » Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:36 am wrote:Apparently Macha interested in EPL return..

I would love to have him part of our squad but i think his wages will be sky high.

Not sure he could re-adapt to the speed of epl, he's 31 years old and been playing in a massive Barcelona comfort zone for too long.

He was a great player for us but I think we need to look forwards not backwards.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:32 am

Different era Yakka.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:20 pm

Given what we have, he'd improve our midfield drastically if he comes in. In fact. I'd go as far as saying he'd be the perfect player to come in if Klopp decides to play with a DM sitting in front of the back4 (Lucas role). We lack leadership and experience in the side and he brings both in abundance. Even at his age, he's still one of the best CBs and DMs in the game and he'd be one of the first names on most teamsheets of top clubs competing for the CL. He has more premier league experience than many of our players and he's a winner. He wont come but it wont be because we dont need a player like him.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:57 pm

aCe' » Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:20 pm wrote:Given what we have, he'd improve our midfield drastically if he comes in. In fact. I'd go as far as saying he'd be the perfect player to come in if Klopp decides to play with a DM sitting in front of the back4 (Lucas role). We lack leadership and experience in the side and he brings both in abundance. Even at his age, he's still one of the best CBs and DMs in the game and he'd be one of the first names on most teamsheets of top clubs competing for the CL. He has more premier league experience than many of our players and he's a winner. He wont come but it wont be because we dont need a player like him.

I disagree mate, once players get past 30 they start to deteriorate significantly, Gerrard was one of the most athletic midfielders I've ever seen but he turned into a tortoise in his 30's, plus let's not forget here that Mascherano has spent the past few years playing as a CB in a much slower paced league.
The idea that he can flip a switch and turn into that pit bull of a DM that covers every blade of grass again is a bit far fetched IMO, Father Time waits for no man.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby devaney » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:18 am

Mascha would find life very difficult in the Premiership doing the roll of centre back. Personally if we used him as a midfield destroyer I don't think he would be an upgrade on Lucas given his age.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:06 am

Masherano isn't the same player anymore. Completely agree with those saying he'd struggle in this league now.

His mobility was one of his best assets but physically he is in decline now. He couldn't get away playing as a CB here either with the aerial threat in this league.

Best he doesn't come back.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:19 am

Not professing to be an ITK by any stretch but I do know senior people connected to Vardy from his Fleetwood days and was told yesterday he will choose between Chelsea and Liverpool this summer.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:06 pm

parchpea » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:19 am wrote:Not professing to be an ITK by any stretch but I do know senior people connected to Vardy from his Fleetwood days and was told yesterday he will choose between Chelsea and Liverpool this summer.

Unless it's an astronomical offer that Leicester can't turn down I very much doubt it mate.  Vardy signed a new contract just two weeks ago, Keeps him at Leicester until 2019. Hope he stays there.

Not sure I'd want us to throw millions at a 29 year old striker who's had just one (admittedly) great season in the premiership. Last season he scored just 5 goals in 36 appearances.

If we were gonna try to take anyone from Leicester I'd prefer Riyad Mahrez.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:26 pm

parchpea » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:19 am wrote:Not professing to be an ITK by any stretch but I do know senior people connected to Vardy from his Fleetwood days and was told yesterday he will choose between Chelsea and Liverpool this summer.

One hit wonder. LFC need to stay away from him like the plague!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:25 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:06 am

If we were gonna try to take anyone from Leicester I'd prefer Riyad Mahrez.

Mahrez, Kante, Forster and Xhaka would constitute an excellent summers business IMO.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:36 pm

This team would deffo challenge for a CL place imo

Forster

Clyne.            Matip.            Sakho.             Moreno

Kante.             Xhaka

Mahrez.                Coutinho.           Firmino

Sturridge
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:10 pm

why would leicester be looking to sell next season, and why would any of their players want to leave? they are pretty much definitely be in the champions league and may even have some nice premiership winners medals to show off.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:54 pm

andy_g » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:10 pm wrote:why would leicester be looking to sell next season, and why would any of their players want to leave? they are pretty much definitely be in the champions league and may even have some nice premiership winners medals to show off.

People are acting like it's Southampton all over again... The difference is that Leicester will actually be in the CL, and may have just won a PL title.

No way these players leave unless they have offers from clubs in the CL. Heard Barca are in for Mahrez. That's pretty much the caliber of club that will be required to get them to leave. Same with Ranieri.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill