Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby andy_g » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:37 pm

maguskwt » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:31 pm wrote:
Now I'm hearing they're asking for 70 million euros which is ridiculous. I won't be surprised if this was due to how we keep low balling them. Way to go Ian Ayre!

not fair to blame ayre and the board on this one. they went out there and pushed for a deal and made an offer a bit below the original asking price - normal procedure. it is well known that this bunch are notoriously difficult to deal with, and its no surprise that they've suddenly gone all drama queen and have demanded people meet this buy-out clause if they're interested.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:33 pm

RE; AT - At the end of the day, no club is obligated to sell their players against their wish. They are still in the UEFA Cup so why should they sell?
Would we sell Coutinho in January? No we would not.
If the club wants to sell, they will. Simple. Got nothing to do with low-balling or lack of competence.
If anything, we are the cheeky ones, trying to buy a clubs top goalscorer when they still have tournaments of their own to play for.
---
As for the player himself - IF he was to arrive at Anfield and become a huge success, then the likes of Barca, Madrid and $hitie would come for him. HOW LOYAL would he be then? 99% of footballers today are just blood sucking users. I'd put LFC before any of the $plit-arses...
If he comes, great let's see what he can do. If not, move the F$&K on, we have 3 trophies to fight for  :buttrock
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:45 pm

andy_g » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:37 am wrote:
Now I'm hearing they're asking for 70 million euros which is ridiculous. I won't be surprised if this was due to how we keep low balling them. Way to go Ian Ayre!

not fair to blame ayre and the board on this one. they went out there and pushed for a deal and made an offer a bit below the original asking price - normal procedure. it is well known that this bunch are notoriously difficult to deal with, and its no surprise that they've suddenly gone all drama queen and have demanded people meet this buy-out clause if they're interested.

35% lower than their valuation (25m vs 38m) is not abit below mate... It's low balling already...
Anyway, here's to a future of more Benteke's and Balotelli 's. Our fans seem to be quite used to it anyway!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:11 pm

38 million for an unproven player in the top flight is crazy money in my book. Especially when you consider that he's never kicked a ball for the national side.

Move on to someone else.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:15 pm

maguskwt » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:45 pm wrote:
andy_g » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:37 am wrote:

Our fans seem to be quite used to it anyway!

I don't think the fans are happy. But many of us don't play fantasy football...
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:26 pm

At the end of the day it's a tough one, £38m is a lot of money but if you want to realistically compete against the top sides then that's the type of money you have got to splash out these days. Even Everton who have spent the past 2 decades crying poverty forked out £30m for Lukaku.
If it's a question of balancing the books maybe the club could have sold Allen to Swansea to offset the heavy fee?
All I know is that our squad is desperately short on quality and the chances of finding a team full of Coutinho's for £8m are pretty f[uck]ing slim.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:26 pm wrote:At the end of the day it's a tough one, £38m is a lot of money but if you want to realistically compete against the top sides then that's the type of money you have got to splash out these days. Even Everton who have spent the past 2 decades crying poverty forked out £30m for Lukaku.
If it's a question of balancing the books maybe the club could have sold Allen to Swansea to offset the heavy fee?
All I know is that our squad is desperately short on quality and the chances of finding a team full of Coutinho's for £8m are pretty f[uck]ing slim.

I gave up on us signing Tex a couple of days ago, or anyone else for that matter, the only thing that slightly annoys me is that JK has clearly picked this player as the one he wants and they have not gone and got him, ok they may have tried but haven't got the man..... unless of course JK himself decided the price was too high

If it comes out that JK has not been backed i will be proper pi$$ed
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby devaney » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:36 pm

If the usual totally unreliable sources are to be believed then there was a massive difference between Liverpool's valuation and Donesk's idiotic figure of £53m.  Just why the fk we get involved in these crazy price battles that  seldom come to anything I really do not know. Owners, agents and players in many cases are nothing more than a bunch of glorified chancers. When a club has a history of paying absurd amounts of money for very average players then it really doesn't come as any sort of a surprise that owners demands become unrealistic.

We need to stop messing about.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:44 pm

We can blame Ayre but if you agree to meet a potential buyer for negotiations then you expect some compromise and they want to sell, not hike the price up 12m from their start point.

Anyway its too much and they wont get 50m in the summer either so try for Hernandez for now, get Sturridge fit, and go back for him in the summer.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:46 pm

devaney » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:36 pm wrote:If the usual totally unreliable sources are to be believed then there was a massive difference between Liverpool's valuation and Donesk's idiotic figure of £53m.  Just why the fk we get involved in these crazy price battles that  seldom come to anything I really do not know. Owners, agents and players in many cases are nothing more than a bunch of glorified chancers. When a club has a history of paying absurd amounts of money for very average players then it really doesn't come as any sort of a surprise that owners demands become unrealistic.

We need to stop messing about.

This here ^^^. History has its place and ours should be advantageous rather than have it used against us.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby johnbarnes » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:51 pm

parchpea » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:44 pm wrote:We can blame Ayre but if you agree to meet a potential buyer for negotiations then you expect some compromise and they want to sell, not hike the price up 12m from their start point.

Exactly! If I was IA I'd be pi$$ed to travel so far when a simple phone call stating the price of the player could of saved everyone the grief including the player.
Anyway forget this, am off to get something to eat and sit down for tonights Derby destroying of the $hit!
  :wwww
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby Eagle » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:39 pm

No point knocking Ayre. I doubt he has the authority to just raise a bid by 5million. It would need the agreement of Klopp, Gordon and maybe even some committee members.
Eagle

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:45 pm

Teixeira deal sounds dead doesn't it?

I actually expected this to happen up til about yesterday, but I've changed my mind. Shakhtar's asking price seems to have changed to 50 million quid from 50 million euros?? Who knows what to believe.

If they won't budge on 50 million quid we shouldve walked away long ago.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:06 am

Some of you guys are deluded. The asking price was 38 million pounds. We went in with a 25 million bid. 13 million lower than their valuation! They've already made known their valuation. Then depending on sources, we went in with a 2nd bid of 28 million. They said no again and then 3rd bid of 31 million. They said no again. Their chairman got ***** off and said we got to meet the release clause which is 50 million. This is probably to make us raise our bid more and closer to their original 38 and not waste time or he just got ***** off and telling us to F off. It is Ayre's team failure not they changed their minds. They gave us enough time to meet their original valuation. Nobody asked Ian Ayre to fly there. If Chelsea weren't busy making a deal for Pato, we would see Alex Texeira in a Chelsea shirt now.

I hate to say this, this history Sh*t and us thinking our club somehow has higher pedigree than our other competitors are hurting this club. RBG said it, we need to take risks. We took a risk on Suarez and paid off. This club has catching up to do with other competitors not the other way round.

We got sticky for a difference of 6-7 millions and we failed yet again to secure a first choice target. Now JK would have to look at other targets in the list and pay what 25-30 million and not get any value out of them. AKA the Benteke's and the Balotelli's. It is OUR failure. Not the selling club's. We messed about, we got screwed. We low-balled the ***** out of them.

Anyway, now that that's gone, so we move on.
Last edited by maguskwt on Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:15 am

I get the impression some of you watch reality tv and video game and thinks they're real. We only bid what we think the lads worth. Going from 25 to 31 is already a 20% increase and I'm pretty sure the upper limit of what we have. He's just one player and we need 4-5 to rebuild the team. At the same time we're going to take a massive loss in the accounts liquidating BR's cr@p signings + we're building a new main stand. I doubt JK is taking it as hard as some of you drama queens.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill