Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:52 pm

You guys are living in the past... 25 millions today will get you a player equivalent to Joe Allen. We paid 32 million for Benteke...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:10 pm

maguskwt » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:52 pm wrote:You guys are living in the past... 25 millions today will get you a player equivalent to Joe Allen. We paid 32 million for Benteke...

The only mitigating factor that warrants the fee they want is the fact it's January

The Benteke thing was owing to 1) a release clause and 2) Sterling money
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:29 pm

Very surprised if Shakhtar Donetsk budge at all from their valuation. They never roll over plus know there will be more interest in the summer when they are much more likely to get the price they want or closer to it.
Doeboy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:56 pm

Its an analogy I know ,but just for once I'd like our negotiators  to walk straight into the showroom buy the car they desire for the requisite price ,rather than wandering around the car park indecisively, thinking of yet another angle to fucking haggle.
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:29 pm

We will go back in on deadline day with a final offer for Teixeria and hope they crack given players head is already in Liverpool.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:50 pm

parchpea » Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:29 pm wrote:We will go back in on deadline day with a final offer for Teixeria and hope they crack given players head is already in Liverpool.

I seem to remember Konoplyanka was pretty keen to join us as well mate but that owner didn't budge either.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:52 pm

Didn't they hold back the paper work so the deal didn't get finalised in time on the Konoplyanka deal?

I think we'll look at alternatives to Texeira.. have no look, then come in on DD with a £35m bid which will probably get rejected.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:29 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:56 pm wrote:Its an analogy I know ,but just for once I'd like our negotiators  to walk straight into the showroom buy the car they desire for the requisite price ,rather than wandering around the car park indecisively, thinking of yet another angle to fucking haggle.

That's what I'm saying mate...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:36 am

UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:52 pm wrote:Didn't they hold back the paper work so the deal didn't get finalised in time on the Konoplyanka deal?

I think we'll look at alternatives to Texeira.. have no look, then come in on DD with a £35m bid which will probably get rejected.

That will definitely get rejected. That will make the selling club look bad as if they had to accept it. You need to go in earlier with the 35m bid and let them know that hey we can't meet your valuation but we are prepared to pay you this much. That's the best we could do. The selling club will then feel that it's close enough...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:43 am

Folks seem to be very good at spending our budget. If we pay 38 for an unknown talent then don't start complaining we need a new centre half, goalie or whatever. Who would you rather waste 38 million on, Texeira or the Everton centre half John Stones?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:05 am

We should be going for a significant signing this January because the First team isn't that good and we still have a lot to play for.

Ill be very disappointed if Taxiera remains are only option and the one we put all our energy on. You should always have a basket of options at your disposal.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:29 am

Reg » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:43 am wrote:Folks seem to be very good at spending our budget. If we pay 38 for an unknown talent then don't start complaining we need a new centre half, goalie or whatever. Who would you rather waste 38 million on, Texeira or the Everton centre half John Stones?

Reg are we meant to hover in the background whilst clubs make up ground on us ? This club needs to take risks ,for too long now we have been bemoaning our  aversion to pay the right price for players who would significantly improve our offensive snap ,and we've watched as players like Aguero ,Silva ,and a glittering host of others have been deemed too expensive to shell out for an unknown quantity. How long before Teixeira is in the Premiership ,being heralded as the new Suarez ? I remember the euphoria I experienced when we signed the latter ,it was a tangible feeling of we can really do something
now ,because we have gone out and bought a genuine superstar. Klopp will find us our defenders ,he built the Dortmund team from little known players
and then nurtured their respective progress and they evolved into the football leviathans they are today.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:41 am

Reg » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:43 am wrote:Folks seem to be very good at spending our budget. If we pay 38 for an unknown talent then don't start complaining we need a new centre half, goalie or whatever. Who would you rather waste 38 million on, Texeira or the Everton centre half John Stones?

There's a lot more mistakes in John Stones to iron out before someone reaps the benefits of him - that's another discussion tho  :D  (for the record I do think he will be worth every penny of the fee he seems to be commanding currently)

I personally hope we end up with this Teixeira, we're in need of someone to stick the ball in the onion bag and he can do it. I just hope we know what we're doing funds wise
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby andy_g » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:32 am

i like this teixera guy. he's hard working, tenacious, and a good finisher. kind of like a brazilian danny ings. in fact i'm convinced that if ings played in the ukranian league his stats would be on a par with teixera's. teixera would be good for the rest of this season as we obviously need someone to score goals right now. but using up 30 million quid of the funds?

come next season we'll have ings back, and (fingers crossed) sturridge will be back in action too. hopefully we can then use the money we have (partly from getting red of benteke) to get another top out and out striker and add a bit of steel to the midfield. for attacking mids we're in good nick - coutinho, firmino, ibe, lallana (who, imho, contributes more than many give credit for and is no surprise that klopp is obviously so fond of him), and markovic to come back.

if we don't close the deal i'm not going to lose any sleep.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:31 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:29 am wrote:

Reg are we meant to hover in the background whilst clubs make up ground on us ? This club needs to take risks ,for too long now we have been bemoaning our  aversion to pay the right price for players who would significantly improve our offensive snap ,and we've watched as players like Aguero ,Silva ,and a glittering host of others have been deemed too expensive to shell out for an unknown quantity. How long before Teixeira is in the Premiership ,being heralded as the new Suarez ? I remember the euphoria I experienced when we signed the latter ,it was a tangible feeling of we can really do something
now ,because we have gone out and bought a genuine superstar. Klopp will find us our defenders ,he built the Dortmund team from little known players
and then nurtured their respective progress and they evolved into the football leviathans they are today.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm sick and tired of missing our preferred targets and having to settle for players like Benteke and balotelli and still not getting anything of value out if them. If you have a preferred target which it seems Texeira is one, then stop low balling, especially since the player has already announced he wants to join us.

Now I'm hearing they're asking for 70 million euros which is ridiculous. I won't be surprised if this was due to how we keep low balling them. Way to go Ian Ayre!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill