Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:54 pm

papers claiming the scum have bud for Benteke, Benteke link is either his agent trying to force us into paying the release clause, or a blessing.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:31 am

I would be relieved if they got Benteke but at the same time questions will arise on who Rodgers and our toxic committee will target next.

Outside of Lacazette the only other name I can think of is Berahino, which would be an unmitigated disaster.  :no

But at the same time further expediate Rodgers exit and galavanise the fans against the shambles that is FSG.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby Sean » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:28 am

Two points about Benteke.......Firstly, we are not playing champions league next year.  For those of you who think a premiership proven striker like Benteke is not the answer to our problems up front, what better striker do you think is out there who will happily give up on a chance to play champions league to come and play for Liverpool ?

Secondly, in the late '90's United raided Villa to bring Dwight York to Old Trafford and it proved to be a great purchase.  As far as I can remember we weren't linked with him but back then I wouldn't have rated York to be good enough for Liverpool anyway and was happy to see him go to United.  I fear that if they snatch Benteke now history will repeat itself.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:39 am

Football is nowhere near like the 90s and is a much more complicated beast, so don't know how you are making this comparison.

There is a lot more money involved, there are a lot more foreign players playing and you can't "raid" mid table clubs to build title winning sides.

Look at Chelsea's starting XI, City's XI and Arsenal's XI. Most of them expensive foreign imports that HAVE NOT COME from mid-table English teams. A world apart from the 90s.

In fact you would struggle putting together a starting XI from the top players of clubs that finished outside the top 6 to come anywhere close to competing against United, City, Chelsea or Arsenal.

Whatever point you seem to trying to make, it seems to be clouded in judgement.

And sorry Benteke for 32m is a waste. Tactically he is a square peg for a round hole.

We can do better with that amount of money. The problem as we all know is that Rodgers will struggle to get anyone high profile to come to the club.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby mart » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:09 pm

eds » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:39 am wrote:In fact you would struggle putting together a starting XI from the top players of clubs that finished outside the top 6 to come anywhere close to competing against United, City, Chelsea or Arsenal.

You dont need to buy a completely new starting XI. You only need to find one good player, and you could find those in english midtable clubs as well. Everyone has to start somewhere.

I'm not that convinced that Benteke is good enough, but you cant really ignore a player based on the club he is playing in. He did score quite a few goals in a Sh*t team.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:05 pm

Liverpool Echo saying in last few minutes that we have agreed to pay Bentekes release clause

Article here... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... an-9669677
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:19 pm

mart » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:09 am wrote:
eds » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:39 am wrote:In fact you would struggle putting together a starting XI from the top players of clubs that finished outside the top 6 to come anywhere close to competing against United, City, Chelsea or Arsenal.

You dont need to buy a completely new starting XI. You only need to find one good player, and you could find those in english midtable clubs as well. Everyone has to start somewhere.

I'm not that convinced that Benteke is good enough, but you cant really ignore a player based on the club he is playing in. He did score quite a few goals in a Sh*t team.

So did Borini! 

I'm unconvinced, but if he comes to us then I'll support him regardless.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:22 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:19 pm wrote:
mart » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:09 am wrote:

So did Borini! 

I'm unconvinced, but if he comes to us then I'll support him regardless.

Benteke is coming mate...

Liverpool Echo saying in last few minutes that we have agreed to pay Bentekes release clause

Article here... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... an-9669677
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:30 pm

Yep breaking now that we are paying Benteke's clause.  Think he will be here by next week
Doeboy

Postby Pig Catcher » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:48 pm

A deal in principle was agreed with Aston Villa earlier in the week, like I said at the time. The only things that needed to be sorted were around how the fee was going to be paid (instalments/add-ons), whether a certain player (I don’t know who) was going to go to Villa as part of the deal and how much he was worth, and whether Benteke would get paid his full loyalty bonus by Aston Villa. Seems as though everything has now been sorted and as I said he will be training with us next week.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:51 pm

Pig Catcher » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:48 pm wrote:A deal in principle was agreed with Aston Villa earlier in the week, like I said at the time. The only things that needed to be sorted were around how the fee was going to be paid (instalments/add-ons), whether a certain player (I don’t know who) was going to go to Villa as part of the deal and how much he was worth, and whether Benteke would get paid his full loyalty bonus by Aston Villa. Seems as though everything has now been sorted and as I said he will be training with us next week.

Well done Pig man, you were spot on.
Doeboy

Postby aCe' » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:16 pm

f*ck it, if this is as good a forward as we can sign then go for it. Just make sure we also bring in a top CM because if we dont then we'll struggle all the same with or without him.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:23 pm

On a separate but related note, Lyon seem to be willing to sell Lacazette for 35 mill. If it was a choice between Benteke & Lacazette, I'd go for the latter. Both will score goals but Lacazette has the potential to become a world class CF, Benteke imo is playing near his peak.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:23 pm

Like I've said before, Benteke will score goals for us, I'm sure of that. However, can he go on to be that special match winner in the Stevie or Suarez mould or someone who will take us to the next level?  No in my opinion
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:25 pm

aCe' » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:23 pm wrote:On a separate but related note, Lyon seem to be willing to sell Lacazette for 35 mill. If it was a choice between Benteke & Lacazette, I'd go for the latter. Both will score goals but Lacazette has the potential to become a world class CF, Benteke imo is playing near his peak.

Agree however Lacazette won't come. Infact, I was told we made enquiries a while back however he wasn't interested
Doeboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill