Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby aCe' » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:14 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:05 pm wrote:
SkippyRed » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:05 pm wrote:Anyone else still worried about our RCB, GK and DM?

Emphatically !!

I'm not as worried about the GK and CBs as much as I am about the CM. We need someone in the middle of the park to control things for us and dictate the tempo of the game. Utd struggle when Carrick is not around. Many wouldn't call him a world class player or a traditional DM but he plays in that holding role with any type of midfielder and you dont feel they are missing anything. I dont see Henderson being that player for us, and I dont see Milner doing it either. Allen could be the type of player, but he lacks in quality. It doesnt matter what you put around that CM core of the side; if they are not up for it the side will struggle offensively, and they will be a shambles at the back.

I really dont think that signing a new GK and CB will make a significant difference to how we defend or whether we start controlling games and subsequently concede less as a result.

Here's an interesting stat from last season for you: Utd without Carrick win percentage = 35%, with Carrick = 72%.

So they went out and bought another (Carrick is world class imo) world class CM who is capable of doing the same stuff.

Get a Kovacic or Illaramendi or Schneiderlin in there to get the best out of what we have for now. Gradually, I agree we'll need to improve in many positions but it isnt the priority imo.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:42 pm

aCe' » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:14 pm wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:05 pm wrote:
SkippyRed » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:05 pm wrote:Anyone else still worried about our RCB, GK and DM?

Emphatically !!

I'm not as worried about the GK and CBs as much as I am about the CM. We need someone in the middle of the park to control things for us and dictate the tempo of the game. Utd struggle when Carrick is not around. Many wouldn't call him a world class player or a traditional DM but he plays in that holding role with any type of midfielder and you dont feel they are missing anything. I dont see Henderson being that player for us, and I dont see Milner doing it either. Allen could be the type of player, but he lacks in quality. It doesnt matter what you put around that CM core of the side; if they are not up for it the side will struggle offensively, and they will be a shambles at the back.

I really dont think that signing a new GK and CB will make a significant difference to how we defend or whether we start controlling games and subsequently concede less as a result.

Here's an interesting stat from last season for you: Utd without Carrick win percentage = 35%, with Carrick = 72%.

So they went out and bought another (Carrick is world class imo) world class CM who is capable of doing the same stuff.

Get a Kovacic or Illaramendi or Schneiderlin in there to get the best out of what we have for now. Gradually, I agree we'll need to improve in many positions but it isnt the priority imo.

Carrick is undoubtedly world class ,possibly the most criminally underrated player by united fans for the last eight  years ,and yet undeniably influential in all their title triumphs . I think Lucas is equally as efficacious for us ,and similarly underrated  for the solidity he brings to our middle.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:06 pm

I've been saying our midfield needs a drastic overhaul for years.
As everyone knows I'm a big believer in the old adage - games are won and lost in midfield - and unfortunately we saw plenty of evidence of that last year when we were often completely over run in the middle of the park. Probably the most glaring example was Besiktas away in the EL where we couldn't even get out of our own box never mind half in the second stanza.
I'm not particularly keen on a midfield pairing of Henderson and Milner but it will be an upgrade on last year, Gerrard has been an absolute colossus for this club but he looked 40 last season never mind 35.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby eds » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:30 am

F**k we are crying out for someone like Arturo Vidal.

I don't think we have a chance of getting him, but he would massively improve us in the center of the park and make us competitive again.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:27 am

Morning papers are reporting that the scum are now in for Benteke also
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:19 am

Also reported that Faildrid turned down a whooping 100m pound offer from Manure to buy Bale.

Errr what the f**k is this FFP nonsense I keep hearing about, with that sort of money being mentioned.......  :no
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

eds

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:50 pm

eds » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:19 am wrote:Also reported that Faildrid turned down a whooping 100m pound offer from Manure to buy Bale.

Errr what the f**k is this FFP nonsense I keep hearing about, with that sort of money being mentioned.......  :no

Apparently they are relaxing the FFP rules, all they were doing was giving the top teams with massive turn overs even more of an advantage.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:22 pm

We are being linked with Reus again, some supposed itk's suggesting once Benteke is done that we will go all in on Reus

Remains to be seen, great player but certainly not a priority position
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:40 pm

C-R » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:22 pm wrote:We are being linked with Reus again, some supposed itk's suggesting once Benteke is done that we will go all in on Reus

Remains to be seen, great player but certainly not a priority position

Benteke and Reuss?
Can't see that happening mate, we'd have a massive net spend even with Sterling going.
Firmino alone cost us £29m
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:27 pm

Reus and Lacazette would be the dream last 2 signings. If we could actually pull these two off I'd guarantee us a top 4 finish.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:41 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:27 pm wrote:Reus and Lacazette would be the dream last 2 signings. If we could actually pull these two off I'd guarantee us a top 4 finish.

No need for more Wingers/Attacking midfielders. We need a midfielder who can control the game and also be capable of protecting the back line. Even though Reus is a phenomenal player, I'd rather we went for a CM/DM.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:25 am

Reus is an absoulate star.

We shouldn't give a flying f**k about our "priorities".

If a player of his calibre is willing to play for us you don't say no, you drive him from the airport to our club pronto.

If it was a choice b/w Benteke and Reus.................... :laugh:  :laugh: .........................what am I saying it's no even a choice!

eds

Postby andy_g » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:02 am

a little bird is talking about a little pea

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:24 am

andy_g » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:02 am wrote:a little bird is talking about a little pea

Quite like him as a player, think he has been treated unfairly, but dont see us doing business with the scum
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:31 am

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill