Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:11 pm

Hopefully after Sterling has gone we go out big and try to get a striker like Lacazette..
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:22 pm

He would be a quality signing - unsure if he is signing a new contract or not

Rumoured he is waiting for PSG to make a move
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:26 pm

Sadly i think we will end up with Benteke, i say sadly as i am not really a fan, especially at the price being touted

Although he is an upgrade on Balo, Borini, Lambert

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:54 pm

C-R » Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:26 pm wrote:Sadly i think we will end up with Benteke, i say sadly as i am not really a fan, especially at the price being touted

Although he is an upgrade on Balo, Borini, Lambert

That's hardly difficult. My old mum would be an upgrade on those three  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:21 pm

I actually rate Benteke highly (not as high as 32 million but still). However, he won't be suited to our playing style, I have no idea why Brendan and the committee think he will be a good signing for us.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:44 pm

Benteke is a decent enough player but its hard to see how he is going to be a fit for us. That is unless we are going to lump it at him which again would be a massive shift in direction from the supposed philosophy.
If he does's come in and is expected to adapt like balotelli or lambert then he will struggle just like they have. Fitness wise I don't think he is the best either and has a tendency to miss games as a result.

Given the fee they are asking we could do better
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:34 pm

I suppose if we do get Benteke we still have Sturridge who can perform that pacey, mobile striker role. It's a squad game these days and there are certainly occassion's (especially in the premier league) where a bit of a physical presence up front would come in very handy.
Benteke is not great on the floor but he's not totally useless either.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Benteke is a good player - we prob should have bought him a while back for about £15mil but at over £30mil it's a lot of money for him. Think he can adapt to player in a time that isn't just looking to throw it into him. He has a good scoring record. Ability wise I think Lukaku is better.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:53 pm

Can only see us signing a striker (probably Benteke) and also a back up left back to replace Enrique who looks as though he might have to retire due to his knee. Kovacic mainly plays as a number 10 so can’t see us being interested in him with us having Coutinho and Firmino. And we have loads of CMs too.

Whatever you think of the signings it’s impressive that we’ve done most of our business before pre-season starts.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:55 pm

James pearce is saying benteke is still the clubs main target  :down:  Apparently we wouldn't meet bacca's release clause because of his age  :laugh: Why on earth were they even looking at a player that they were never really serious about.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/li ... la-9543325?

Its this kind of shyte that irks me about the numpties that are running the club  :nod  They want exorbitant amount of money for our players and wont be held to ransom when signing replacements. If bacca was good enough to be considered then somebody had to think he could do a job, known what fooking age he was and what his release clause was set at. If the lad progresses the team then its money well spent.

Whatever has changed this summer had nothing to do with the way we are conducting transfers.

In other new's  :D  Roy evans is saying that the sterling deal must be done already seeing as we are spending like we are.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ty-5965487?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:02 pm

Are you really complaining about the way they are signing players this summer ? We have 4 signed sealed and delivered already including our second most expensive signing plus another looking like it will be done pretty soon plus no doubt deals to be sorted for a striker and CM soon enough - all done before the main pre season starts and without last minute panics.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:28 am

A red top paper is reporting that Borini is wanted by West Ham for 8 million, let's see what happens
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:49 am

Buck Rodgers » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:25 pm wrote:
JC_81 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:51 pm wrote:Most important thing in signing a new striker is someone who has proven that they can put the ball in the net at a high level. I'm not specifically talking about Bacca - I've not seen much of him. But at least he's proven he can do that.

Pedro ain't a number 9. If we spend big again this windows on a forward then it has to be someone who'll improve our goal return. I'm not sure for the 20mil or so he'd cost that pedro would do that. He's always been a bit part player so expecting him, at 27, to come into a different league and, sorry to say, an inferior team in terms of quality, and be as good as some think I'm just not sure.

Exactly - we need a goalscorer first and foremost

Correct both of you.

Also I'm reading about Liverpool making a bid for Illarramendi. He is a good player, but one thing is to say someone is a good player and another thing is to say he's good enough for Liverpool (meaning for that money you'd expect him to be a key player from moment one and he is not that good). 20M is little less than what Liverpool got for Alonso and Illarramendi is not quite Xabi Alonso.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:02 am

Daily Star claiming that we will use Borini and or Lambert for bait towards breaking the ice with Villa for Benteke
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:09 am

Sabre » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:49 am wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:25 pm wrote:
JC_81 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:51 pm wrote:Most important thing in signing a new striker is someone who has proven that they can put the ball in the net at a high level. I'm not specifically talking about Bacca - I've not seen much of him. But at least he's proven he can do that.

Pedro ain't a number 9. If we spend big again this windows on a forward then it has to be someone who'll improve our goal return. I'm not sure for the 20mil or so he'd cost that pedro would do that. He's always been a bit part player so expecting him, at 27, to come into a different league and, sorry to say, an inferior team in terms of quality, and be as good as some think I'm just not sure.

Exactly - we need a goalscorer first and foremost

Correct both of you.

Also I'm reading about Liverpool making a bid for Illarramendi. He is a good player, but one thing is to say someone is a good player and another thing is to say he's good enough for Liverpool (meaning for that money you'd expect him to be a key player from moment one and he is not that good). 20M is little less than what Liverpool got for Alonso and Illarramendi is not quite Xabi Alonso.

Hi Sabre - good to see you posting again

I also don't think Illarra is a player we need right now - need a more solid player in the middle but at £15mil it is someone who can provide more options in the middle of the park.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill