Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:20 am

Buck Rodgers » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:35 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:24 pm wrote:Bacca will score goals - he will move to someone and will score goals. He is just like Costa

Think I agree with Benny here.  ^^^

On Bacca, Independent online says

Liverpool are yet to make a bid for Carlos Bacca, Seville have confirmed.

The Independent understands that the striker, who has a release clause of £21m, is under consideration at Anfield if – as seems highly likely – the pursuit of Aston Villa’s Christian Benteke falls through.

The Colombia international, who has scored 34 goals in 71 appearances since joining two years ago from Club Brugge, is also a reported target of Manchester United, Roma and AC Milan. However, no bid has been made by those clubs, or Liverpool.

"We have not received an official offer for Bacca," Sevilla sporting director Monchi said on his club's official website. "We are not in negotiations for any important player.

"I'm no fortune-teller but top strikers in the market there aren't that many.

"Bacca has averaged 24.5 goals, 21 goals in his first season at the club and 28 in his second.

"I hope no one pays his buy-out clause.

"It's a risk we take but we can't do anything about that.

"We gave him a new contract 10 months ago and I believe he and his family are very happy here. But I cannot predict the future."

@ Yakka
4/5 years left at 29?

Bacca is 28, he'll be 29 in September. He probably has at least three good seasons left in him and if £21 million helps get us back into the CL and keeps us there it's money well spent.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby redshade » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:40 pm

I agree.. Thats why i really wanted tevez here.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:44 pm

I think of all the strikers we're currently linked with Pedro would be the one to make our forward play practically seamless ,I agree with Yakka our next striker
needs to add to the fluency of the team when pressing ,Bacca's overall play looks almost staggered, yes he can score ,but he certainly doesn't possess the kind
of technique Pedro possesses.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:51 pm

Most important thing in signing a new striker is someone who has proven that they can put the ball in the net at a high level. I'm not specifically talking about Bacca - I've not seen much of him. But at least he's proven he can do that.

Pedro ain't a number 9. If we spend big again this windows on a forward then it has to be someone who'll improve our goal return. I'm not sure for the 20mil or so he'd cost that pedro would do that. He's always been a bit part player so expecting him, at 27, to come into a different league and, sorry to say, an inferior team in terms of quality, and be as good as some think I'm just not sure.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:15 pm

JC_81 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:51 pm wrote:Most important thing in signing a new striker is someone who has proven that they can put the ball in the net at a high level. I'm not specifically talking about Bacca - I've not seen much of him. But at least he's proven he can do that.

Pedro ain't a number 9. If we spend big again this windows on a forward then it has to be someone who'll improve our goal return. I'm not sure for the 20mil or so he'd cost that pedro would do that. He's always been a bit part player so expecting him, at 27, to come into a different league and, sorry to say, an inferior team in terms of quality, and be as good as some think I'm just not sure.

I don't believe Pedro has peaked yet ,whenever I watch him play he so reminds me of Raul ,I think if he played for a team like Madrid we would now be talking about one
of the five best strikers in world football..... I just think the lads movement and awareness is exceptional  ,and if he could be drawn away from Barcelona he could be phenomenal in the Premier League .

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:25 pm

JC_81 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:51 pm wrote:Most important thing in signing a new striker is someone who has proven that they can put the ball in the net at a high level. I'm not specifically talking about Bacca - I've not seen much of him. But at least he's proven he can do that.

Exactly - we need a goalscorer first and foremost
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:20 pm

Buck Rodgers » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:25 pm wrote:
JC_81 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:51 pm wrote:Most important thing in signing a new striker is someone who has proven that they can put the ball in the net at a high level. I'm not specifically talking about Bacca - I've not seen much of him. But at least he's proven he can do that.

I understand the short term need (given Sturridge's injury and record but I'll keeo going back to the same point, why did we sign Origi and Ings if we cant even rely on them for 2-3 months. You can add Balotelli and Lambert to that list too. 4 strikers we have signed in less than 12 months and until 4 of the 7 we currently have (Firmino, Sturridge, the 4 above, and Borini) leave the club I dont think we should be signing another forward.

Personally, my pick of the lot in Sturridge's absense would be Balotelli. Ings and Origi will (rightly) get their chance to impress at the beginning of the season too.

Pedro on the other hand. He'd walk straight into the starting 11 ahead of Milner. If we sign him I can see us playing a 4-2-3-1 with Firmino playing behind the striker and Coutinho-Pedro down either side. Would be a very exciting attacking lineup of forwards. We still have to sort out the issue of central midfield though. We can get away with having Henderson in there but I'm not sure a pairing of Henderson & Milner/Can/Lucas/Allen would be any good. Get that sorted first before considering a Bacca or Pedro or any other attacking players imo.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:22 pm

aCe' » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:20 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:25 pm wrote:

I understand the short term need (given Sturridge's injury and record but I'll keeo going back to the same point, why did we sign Origi and Ings if we cant even rely on them for 2-3 months. You can add Balotelli and Lambert to that list too. 4 strikers we have signed in less than 12 months and until 4 of the 7 we currently have (Firmino, Sturridge, the 4 above, and Borini) leave the club I dont think we should be signing another forward.

Personally, my pick of the lot in Sturridge's absense would be Balotelli. Ings and Origi will (rightly) get their chance to impress at the beginning of the season too.

Pedro on the other hand. He'd walk straight into the starting 11 ahead of Milner. If we sign him I can see us playing a 4-2-3-1 with Firmino playing behind the striker and Coutinho-Pedro down either side. Would be a very exciting attacking lineup of forwards. We still have to sort out the issue of central midfield though. We can get away with having Henderson in there but I'm not sure a pairing of Henderson & Milner/Can/Lucas/Allen would be any good. Get that sorted first before considering a Bacca or Pedro or any other attacking players imo.

Good post

Balotelli's  link up play is superb and with the ingenuity and invention of Firmino it would interesting to see how he fares when he shares the pitch
with players on a similar wavelength ,I also have reservations that with the inclusion of Milner and Henderson it could leave our midfield far too
static and one that could see our more imaginative players starved of service. I also think he has to play Lucas in front of the back four as we still
have no one who reads the play well enough to negate the threat of being pushed back and hemmed in our own half.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:33 pm

Balotelli has shown last season he isn't a reliable enough goalscorer

Same with Lambert

Ings and Origi aren't ready made

We need someone more established
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:36 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:26 pm

Bar Illaramendi, I don't think we've been linked with another midfielder who's more comfortable with having more defensive duties rather than going forward. The likes of Kovacic, Hernanes and guys like Frimino are all good players but you can't fill your squad only with players like them and then wonder why monsters like N'Zonzi are eating our midfielders alive. You need someone to do the dirty work. Unless we're keeping Lucas, I hope we sing a defensive midfielder.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:50 pm

Sky Italia reporting Carlos Bacca close to signing for AC Milan
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:07 pm

Would be a shame if we miss out on him because he will score goals there
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:41 pm

C-R » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:50 pm wrote:Sky Italia reporting Carlos Bacca close to signing for AC Milan

Evidently Liverpool have decided he's not what we need  ,not too disheartened by this news ,there are much better fits out there for this team.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:09 pm

I think in the end we will stump up the cash for Benteke.

It's just not FSG's style to pay 20 mil for a player like Bacca who is nearly 30. I'm nor sure how serious we ever were about him.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill