Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:38 pm

Tony Barret of The Times says he thinks LFC will sign Benteke. Thinks club are looking at width from the full backs. Also says he believes Sterling will go. Believes that LFC are waiting to see if AVFC cave in on £32.5m asking price for Benteke.

Ayre back from Chile with no moves for Bacca or Rondon made.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:58 pm

C-R » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:38 pm wrote:Tony Barret of The Times says he thinks LFC will sign Benteke. Thinks club are looking at width from the full backs. Also says he believes Sterling will go. Believes that LFC are waiting to see if AVFC cave in on £32.5m asking price for Benteke.

I wouldnt mind us looking outside those 3 to be honest. Looking at width from the fullbacks seems to indicate Firmino playing as a forward alongside Sturridge when he is fit so perhaps we should focus on signing a midfielder and only go after another forward if something special (Higuain, Lacazette, etc.) becomes available. We've signed Ings (6-10mill compensation) and Origi (10mill) for a reason after all. We also have Balotelli (16mill) who many still expect to feature and improve next season in addition to Borini (10mill) and Lambert who are still at the club.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:33 pm

aCe' » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:58 pm wrote:
C-R » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:38 pm wrote:Tony Barret of The Times says he thinks LFC will sign Benteke. Thinks club are looking at width from the full backs. Also says he believes Sterling will go. Believes that LFC are waiting to see if AVFC cave in on £32.5m asking price for Benteke.

I wouldnt mind us looking outside those 3 to be honest. Looking at width from the fullbacks seems to indicate Firmino playing as a forward alongside Sturridge when he is fit so perhaps we should focus on signing a midfielder and only go after another forward if something special (Higuain, Lacazette, etc.) becomes available. We've signed Ings (6-10mill compensation) and Origi (10mill) for a reason after all. We also have Balotelli (16mill) who many still expect to feature and improve next season in addition to Borini (10mill) and Lambert who are still at the club.

Yep, I find myself agreeing with you a lot these days Ace, I'm not convinced by any of those 3 (Benteke, Bacca, Rondon) and I'd rather spend the money on a decent CM than waste it on an average forward.
Origi had a bad year in France but 2 years ago he kept Benteke out of the Belgium team at the World Cup, maybe it's worth having a proper look at him before we pi$$ £30m up the wall.
If the worst came to the worst and Sturridge got injured again I'm sure the likes of Ings, Origi or even Firmino could hold the fort and lead the line until Christmas.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:47 pm

I would probably take Bacca out of the 3 linked. But for that kind of money id rather us go for Lacazette and really make a statement!
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:18 pm

Yakka Sturridge is out for atleast the first 6 games

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:20 pm

LFC1990 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:18 pm wrote:Yakka Sturridge is out for atleast the first 6 games

That's not that many mate and besides Ings knows where the net is, his over all game may not be stellar but he can certainly finish I'll give him that, if Coutinho and Firmino can put him through I'm sure he'll do the business for us.
Even feeding off scraps at Burnley he managed to score at Old Trafford and scored against Everton too so he's got a bit about him. He's very good in the air as well which comes in handy at both ends of the pitch in this country.
Would I have signed him? No, but that doesn't mean that the lad can't finish and if our Brazillian AM's turn up in a big way then maybe Ings will be good enough.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:37 pm

How can you be "not convinced" of players that you haven't really seen play

Really don't understand your downer on both Rondon and Bacca

Seems UTD , Roma and Juve are also looking at Bacca now as well

We need a central striker - we cannot rely on Sturridge - that is a fact

Our problem last season was scoring goals - only have to look at how many our strikers got - it's embarrassing

Both Bacca and Rondon score goals , Benteke will also but at £30 plus million it's too much

There would be no point us buying creative players if there is no one to put it into the net

If we don't buy a goalscorer then we haven't learned from last summer's mistakes
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:41 pm

Thought sturridge was facing 5 months out from the operation he had in may and wouldn't be returning to training till at least October. It will also take him time to get fit and eased back into the team so it could be november before he is actually of benefit to us.
Whatever the outcome he can do without being rushed back until he is properly ready this time.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC1990 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:47 pm

Hopefully Sturridge finds it hard to get back in the team. That would mean that we are palying well and scoring goals

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:33 pm wrote:
aCe' » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:58 pm wrote:

Yep, I find myself agreeing with you a lot these days Ace, I'm not convinced by any of those 3 (Benteke, Bacca, Rondon) and I'd rather spend the money on a decent CM than waste it on an average forward.
Origi had a bad year in France but 2 years ago he kept Benteke out of the Belgium team at the World Cup, maybe it's worth having a proper look at him before we pi$$ £30m up the wall.
If the worst came to the worst and Sturridge got injured again I'm sure the likes of Ings, Origi or even Firmino could hold the fort and lead the line until Christmas.

Think you mean Origi kept Lukaku out at the World Cup. Benteke missed it through injury
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:06 pm

Buck Rodgers » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:37 pm wrote:How can you be "not convinced" of players that you haven't really seen play

Really don't understand your downer on both Rondon and Bacca

Seems UTD , Roma and Juve are also looking at Bacca now as well

We need a central striker - we cannot rely on Sturridge - that is a fact

Our problem last season was scoring goals - only have to look at how many our strikers got - it's embarrassing

Both Bacca and Rondon score goals , Benteke will also but at £30 plus million it's too much

There would be no point us buying creative players if there is no one to put it into the net

If we don't buy a goalscorer then we haven't learned from last summer's mistakes

I have seen a bit of him and as I have said I'm not a fan of footballers who take about 4 touches to control the ball, yes he knows where the net is but I think we can do better, Bacca is not the only CF out there you know Benny.
Besides £21m for a 29 year old is not good business imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:13 pm

It's good business if he puts the ball in the net on a regular occasion but it's not just Bacca being dismissed - also Rondon - someone else who puts the ball in the net

UTD spent how much on RvP to score the goals to win them the title ?

Being 29 the player still has 4/5 good years left
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:24 pm

Buck Rodgers » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:13 pm wrote:It's good business if he puts the ball in the net on a regular occasion but it's not just Bacca being dismissed - also Rondon - someone else who puts the ball in the net

4/5 years left at 29? Not at his best he hasn't, look at the difference between Gerrard at 29 and Gerrard at 34.
Besides according to the likes of Tony Barrett it now looks like we have gone back in for Benteke, we are trying to get Villa to lower their asking price.
Seems a strange one given you'd think Coutinho and Firmino would prefer a different type of forward ahead of them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:26 pm

Doeboy - thanks for the heads up mate, I stand corrected.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:35 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:24 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:13 pm wrote:It's good business if he puts the ball in the net on a regular occasion but it's not just Bacca being dismissed - also Rondon - someone else who puts the ball in the net

4/5 years left at 29? Not at his best he hasn't, look at the difference between Gerrard at 29 and Gerrard at 34.
Besides according to the likes of Tony Barrett it now looks like we have gone back in for Benteke, we are trying to get Villa to lower their asking price.
Seems a strange one given you'd think Coutinho and Firmino would prefer a different type of forward ahead of them.

So why dismiss Rondon then ?

Bacca will score goals - he will move to someone and will score goals. He is just like Costa
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill