Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:29 am

Sebastian Giovinco is out of contract with Juventus in June, so Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool are tracking his status.

The Atomic Ant will be a free agent at the end of the season and negotiations on a renewal have stuttered.

"I have certainly not given up on getting a start for Juventus," the forward told Rai Sport.

"There are things to evaluate and at the end of the year I will consider whether or not to continue with Juve. I hope so!

"The season has just started, we've only played eight games, so we'll see as time goes on. I hope to give my contribution."

Until now Arsenal had been the biggest contenders for Giovinco, but according to the Daily Express they are joined by Liverpool and Tottenham.

Source: Football Italia
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:27 pm

Valdes can do one to be honest. Does he consider himself too good for a trial or what? The trial is only to confirm his fitness anyway, or is that actually his problem?
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:47 pm

damjan193 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:27 pm wrote:Valdes can do one to be honest. Does he consider himself too good for a trial or what? The trial is only to confirm his fitness anyway, or is that actually his problem?

After the Joe Cole saga you can't really blame the club for wanting to make sure that Valdez is 100% fit before offering him a lucrative contract. The type of injury he had finished players careers years ago.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:20 pm

Valdez's agent has said the story about him refusing a trial is 100% false, and we didn't request that he have a trial at all.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:38 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:47 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:27 pm wrote:Valdes can do one to be honest. Does he consider himself too good for a trial or what? The trial is only to confirm his fitness anyway, or is that actually his problem?

After the Joe Cole saga you can't really blame the club for wanting to make sure that Valdez is 100% fit before offering him a lucrative contract. The type of injury he had finished players careers years ago.

but yet we are still interested  :D
personally i think that kind of injury to an outfield player at that age would have finished him but in the case of a keeper it shouldnt be too much of a problem. you just have to make sure the medical is done proper.
mingolet is going to fire the toys out bigtime if he does sign  :laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:31 am

Liverpool are on the trail of starlet Fabio Sturgeon in Portugal.

Midfielder Sturgeon, 20, plays for top-flight Belenenses and the Reds have scouted him several times this term.

The attacking ace is valued at £2.4million by his club and while Portuguese giants Benfica are also interested Sturgeon, who has an English father, would rather move to the Premier League.

The Portugal Under-20 international is also still eligible to play for England.

Sturgeon began training with the Belenenses first team as a 17-year-old and has now made 24 appearances, including five this term.

He was born in the Lisbon suburbs to a Portuguese mother and his ex-pat dad.

Reds boss Brendan Rodgers has active scouts in Portugal from where he has recruited Tiago Ilori previously.

Source: Daily Mirror
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Edinson Cavani is ready to listen to offers from Arsenal and Liverpool in the January transfer window.

Both clubs have been linked with a move for the unsettled Uruguayan in recent times and reports in Spain suggest their overtures will not go unheard.

Cavani continues to struggle with playing second fiddle to Zlatan Ibrahimovic at the PSG.

And despite reassurances from Laurent Blanc that a new formation this season would see the 27-year-old more involved in his preferred position, Cavani could still move on.

Indeed, it is suggested that Cavani would jump at the chance to be a first choice at a Premier League club.

Arsene Wenger is a known admirer of the former Napoli man, while Liverpool may still be in the market for a forward despite the summer signing of Mario Balotelli.

PSG are believed to value Cavani in the region of £55m and it now remains to be seen whether either Arsenal or Liverpool are prepared to fork out that much in the upcoming transfer window.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:17 pm

cardiff-red » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:39 pm wrote:Edinson Cavani is ready to listen to offers from Arsenal and Liverpool in the January transfer window.

Both clubs have been linked with a move for the unsettled Uruguayan in recent times and reports in Spain suggest their overtures will not go unheard.

Cavani continues to struggle with playing second fiddle to Zlatan Ibrahimovic at the PSG.

And despite reassurances from Laurent Blanc that a new formation this season would see the 27-year-old more involved in his preferred position, Cavani could still move on.

Indeed, it is suggested that Cavani would jump at the chance to be a first choice at a Premier League club.

Arsene Wenger is a known admirer of the former Napoli man, while Liverpool may still be in the market for a forward despite the summer signing of Mario Balotelli.

PSG are believed to value Cavani in the region of £55m and it now remains to be seen whether either Arsenal or Liverpool are prepared to fork out that much in the upcoming transfer window.

:laugh:
the part about whether we would fork out £55 million cracked me up  :nod
:laugh:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:13 am

Liverpool are ready to sign Espanyol goalkeeper Kiko Casilla in January with a move for Victor Valdes now on the verge of collapsing.

The Reds are desperate to land another quality goalie to rival first-choice Simon Mignolet, and had looked destined to bag ex-Barcelona man Valdes.

However, reports over the weekend said the transfer was about to collapse - and now Spanish news website Fichajes says Liverpool have turned their attention to Casilla instead.

The 28-year-old has been one of the stairs of La Liga in the last 12 months and has been linked with a transfer to Real Madrid.

Espanyol are after about £8million for the gloves man and Liverpool scouts are recommending that a deal is done quickly.

Source: Metro.co.uk
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:43 pm

Liverpool will have to beat off competition from Inter Milan and Napoli if they wish to sign Paris Saint-Germain forward Ezequiel Lavezzi, according to reports in Italy.

Lavezzi is reportedly unsettled at the Parc des Princes after failing to secure a regular spot in the first-team.

This has alerted the attention of several clubs across Europe, most notably Liverpool, who are said to be eager to increase their attacking options following the sale of Luis Suarez.

However, according to Sport Mediaset, both Inter Milan and Napoli are interested in bringing Lavezzi back to Serie A.

The Argentina international spent five years with Napoli in Italy, before joining PSG in 2012 for £21million.

Atletico Madrid and Fenerbache are also thought to be monitoring the situation, but Liverpool and Napoli remain the favourites for Lavezzi's signature.

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:38 pm

Brazilian star Dani Alves is set to decide between Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool in January.

The Barcelona defender is out of contract at the end of the season and has been targeted by all three Premier League clubs.

The 31-year-old is free to sign a pre-contract but the Spanish club have yet to rule out selling the player for a fee in the winter transfer window.

However, it seems that any chance that Alves could stay on at the Camp Nou has now been extinguished.

His agent and ex-wife Dinorah Santana said: "If the club [Barcelona] wanted to renew Alves they would have done it already. I would not do things the way they have."

However, Santana insists Alves is not short of options when it comes to finding a new club, adding: "We will leave the suitors until December or January... then we'll decide who to marry."

It now remains to be seen which of United, Chelsea and Liverpool can make the most compelling case to Alves and whether any of the three try to reach an agreement with Barcelona over a January deal rather than waiting until the end of the season to get their man.

Source: Express.co.uk
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:59 pm

He will probably end up at UTD they will throw a ***** loads of money at him Chelsea dont need him as they have probably the best RB

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:03 pm

cardiff-red » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:38 pm wrote:
His agent and ex-wife Dinorah Santana

That has to be awkward  :laugh:

But I guess when you make 20% on any deal you find a way to make it work
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:25 am

Is this guy Reid any better than we already have ??

West Ham are hoping to hold talks over a new contract for defender Winston Reid next week.

The New Zealand international captain has been one of the club's most consistent performers and has drawn attention from Premier League rivals such as Tottenham, QPR, Everton and Liverpool.

The added attraction is that the 26-year-old, West Ham's player of the year in 2013, is in the final year of his deal and can walk away next summer for free and talk to foreign clubs from January.

It is understood his advisers are waiting to see what other offers come forward although West Ham are prepared to give him a contract that will push him towards their top earners.

Reid has played 100 times in the Premier League for West Ham since joining from Danish side Midtjylland in 2010.

He has played 18 times for New Zealand, scoring once in the 2010 World Cup finals.

Source: Daily Mail
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:28 am

Andre Ayew is set to leave for the Premier League as Marseille look to offload the winger in January.

The 24-year-old's contract is set to expire at the end of the season, with Premier League rivals Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United and Tottenham all hoping to sign him up on a free.

However, the Ligue 1 giants are hoping to sell the Ghana international during the winter transfer window for a cut-price deal.

Ayew has previously indicated a desire to play in England's top flight."The Premier League is a league every player dreams about," he said.

"The English league is the one most followed in Ghana. It's true that I have a real preference for England.

"I like everything about it; the atmosphere, the game, the fans. There is a lot of intensity. It is a beautiful championship."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill