Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:42 am

Liverpool have agreed a £38million deal with Real Madrid to sign striker Karim Benzema, according to reports.

The Reds have been looking at Benzema in the last few days as they aim to sign a world class striker during the January transfer window.

And after Madrid told them they can have the player for £38million, the Daily Star says a deal has now been agreed for that price.

Benzema is not believed to have sorted out personal terms yet or held any talks with Liverpool, but Brendan Rodgers seems keen to tie up everything quickly, ahead of the Frenchman's arrival on January 1st.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:53 am

Liverpool have reportedly agreed a deal to sign MK Dons wonderkid Dele Alli after months of negotiations.

Alli, who has been dubbed the new Steven Gerrard, is one of the most exciting youngsters in the country and the Reds have been chasing him for the last two transfer windows.

But now the Daily Express says an £8million deal has been agreed to sign the 18-year-old, with the transfer set to become official on January 1st.

It's expected that Alli will return to MK Dons on-loan for the remainder of the season, but Liverpool will be delighted to have got the powerful midfielder on board.

Alli only signed a new contract last month but the club admitted at the time that it was 'inevitable' that he would be leaving soon.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:36 am

BARCELONA have slapped a £25million price-tag on Liverpool, Manchester United and Arsenal target Pedro.

The Spain international has slipped down the rankings at the Nou Camp following the emergence of Munir El Haddadi, and with Luis Suarez set to return from a ban, the chance of first-team football looks unlikely for the 27-year-old.

Pedro was linked with a summer move to the Premier League, but opted to stay and fight for his place under new manager Luis Enrique.

However, the winger is unlikely to hang around come the January transfer window, with Brendan Rodgers, Louis Van Gaal and Arsene Wenger all ready to offer him an exit.

Barcelona won't stand in Pedro's way following years of service, but are understood to be asking for £25million.

The price could prove to be a stumbling block for Arsenal and Liverpool, who splashed out on the likes of Alexis Sanchez and Lazar Markovic over the summer, but is unlikely to deter United, with Van Gaal ready to spend big after bemoaning the lack of 'world-class wingers' in his squad.

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:36 am

LIVERPOOL are hoping they can announce the signing of former Barcelona star Victor Valdes in the next fortnight.

The goalkeeper has been tipped to link up with Brendan Rodgers at Anfield after being released by the Spanish giants at the end of the last season, and reports claim that he will undergo a medical with the Premier League giants during the international break.

Valdes saw a move to Monaco break down over the summer after suffering a serious injury that saw his Nou Camp career end abruptly, but the Reds are confident he will be able to challenge current No.1 Simon Mignolet once he works his way back to full fitness.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:35 pm

Marek Hamsik is fully focused on Napoli amid speculation that Liverpool are interested in signing him.

Hamsik has been at Napoli for seven years now, scoring 76 goals in 297 appearances for the Serie A side.

Liverpool, however, are reportedly very keen on the 27-year-old as they look to re-build their squad following Luis Suarez's summer departure to Barcelona.

There has even been talk of a January bid for Hamsik, but the Napoli star has dismissed speculation he is set for a move to Anfield.

"I am calm. I want to play well and win with Napoli," Hamsik told Sport Mediaset.

Source: talkSPORT
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:33 pm

LIVERPOOL could move for Real Madrid goalkeeper Iker Casillas if a deal for ex-Barcelona star Victor Valdes fails to materialise.

The Reds are in the market for a new shotstopper to challenge current first-choice Simon Mignolet, and are believed to be closing in on a deal for free agent Valdes.

The Spain international is set to join the club on a trial basis and will have to prove his fitness to Brendan Rodgers after suffering a horrific injury last season.

If all goes well, Valdes will be handed a deal until the end of the season with the option of an extension, but Liverpool are already making backup plans should the move collapse.

Rodgers' second option between the sticks is Real Madrid legend Casillas, who has fallen out of favour at the Santiago Bernabeu.

New signing Keylor Navas is set to become their undisputed first-choice, and Liverpool will look to take Casillas on loan in January if Valdes fails to join.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Would love us to sign a big marquee player. I know it costs and doesn't always come off (i.e Ozil - Not really living upto the hype), but Di Maria looks superb and Falcao also got in the act today. Just made me think it would be great to buy that calibre of player and chuck them straight into the team and would improve us significantly. Maybe I am being pessimistic but for all the links to players like Benzema, Reus etc, I just can't see us doing it as it stands and just view all these links as paper talk :(
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:02 am

Liverpool have been put on red alert after Keita Balde Diao indicated he is ready to quit Lazio.

The former Barcelona starlet, 19, was a target for Reds boss Brendan Rodgers in the summer. Lazio did not want to let him go then, but there is strong interest in him from several clubs, with Arsenal also watching developments.

Diao has scored five goals in 16 games for Lazio, but is unhappy at not starting a game this season. He wants to further his career and believes a move to the Premier League will do that.

Lazio were originally reported to have wanted £24million for Diao, but it is understood they have lowered their asking price to £15m.

The powerful Spanish forward scored 47 goals in a single season when loaned out to Barcelona's satellite club, UE Cornella.

Source: Daily Mirror
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:35 am

Paris St-Germain star Edinson Cavani is being tracked by Premier League trio Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool.

The powerful forward is unsettled in the French capital as he plays second-fiddle to Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and is on the look-out for a move in the upcoming January transfer window.

Cavani, who was renowned for his goal-scoring abilities through the centre during his time in Italy with Palermo and Napoli, has been forced to reinvent himself on the right-wing in Laurent Blanc's 4-3-3 formation, and wants to join a club where he will play as the main striker.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:53 pm

Liverpool have entered the race to sign defender Winston Reid from West Ham.

The New Zealand international has less than a year left on his Hammers contract and his good form has attracted attention from Arsenal and Manchester United.

According to reports, Liverpool are now tracking Reid ahead of a potential free transfer move.

West Ham face a dilemma over the 26-year-old's future - sell him in January to one of their Premier League rivals or risk losing him for nothing at all next summer.

Reid joined the Hammers in 2010 from Danish side Midtjylland after impressing in the Superliga. He struggled for game time as the club were relegated from the Premier League but stuck around to help West Ham back up from the Championship.

The Kiwi won West Ham's player of the year award in 2013.

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers remains on the lookout for a new centre-back despite the arrival of Dejan Lovren while Arsenal are in dire need of defensive reinforcements.

Manchester United are also in the market for a new defender but are keen on Borussia Dortmund enforcer Mats Hummels.

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:53 pm

Xherdan Shaqiri insists he is ready to fight for his place at Bayern Munich.

The 22-year-old handed in a transfer request during the summer window, with Premier League rivals Liverpool and Manchester United reportedly showing an interest.

However, Bayern had no intention of selling the Switzerland winger, who made just 17 outings in the Bundesliga last term.

Shaqiri is still struggling to cement a first-team place at the German champions, staring just three games this season, but is seemingly more interested in fighting for his place than moving in January.

"I've still got a contract until 2016 and the club have already told me I won't be going anywhere so I've just got to accept that," he said.

"For as long as I am here, I will give everything I've got."I try to do my best in training and when the coach rewards me with appearances, like today against Hannover, then that's even better.

"I'm always delighted when I can start games, and I show that too, like I did this time.

"I think everybody could see how hungry I am to play football."

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:50 pm

Valdes will apparently have a trial with us for a few days before he signs.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:12 pm

damjan193 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:50 pm wrote:Valdes will apparently have a trial with us for a few days before he signs.

Any idea when that will be mate?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:20 am

I much prefer that we signed Julio ceasar when he was available from QPR.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:56 am

Louis van Gaal and Brendan Rodgers are rivals in the £4million chase for new Dutch whizkid Daley Sinkgraven.

Champions League winners Real Madrid, fellow La Liga giants Barcelona, Bundesliga champs Bayern Munich and Eredivisie heavyweights Ajax are also tracking the Holland under-21 international midfielder.

But Manchester United boss Van Gaal and Liverpool chief Rodgers are firmly in the race to snare Sinkgraven, either in the January transfer window or next summer.

Heerenveen know they have no chance of hanging on to the talented 19-year-old long-term, but are determined to keep him for the rest of this season if they are still in with a chance of snatching a European place come the turn of the year.

Van Gaal and Rodgers both see Sinkgraven, who has three years left on contract at the Abe Lenstra Stadion, as one for the future.

But the two bitter Premier League rivals plan an early swoop because they don't want to miss out on a youngster who looks a sure-fire superstar in the making.

Van Gaal wants to bolster his Red Devils' midfield because Michael Carrick and Darren Fletcher are fast approaching the veteran stage, and there are question marks hovering over the Old Trafford futures of Juan Mata and Marouane Fellaini.

Rodgers is eyeing up Sinkgraven as the prospective long-term successor to the Anfield giants' skipper Steven Gerrard.

Sinkgraven has made stunning progress at Heerenveen since exploding into what was his breakthrough season last time around.

After racking up 17 appearances last term, he has been an ever-present this campaign as they push for a Europa League spot.

He has notched two goals in nine league and cup outings for the Dutch outfit, including a shock winner against league leaders PSV Eindhoven nine days ago.

Source: Mirror Online
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill