Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby kazza » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:04 am

Meanwhile back at the Rumour Mill

Reus update

Reported Reds target Marco Reus will NOT be joining Atletico Madrid this summer, the club have confirmed.

The German international is said to have a release clause of around £20million at Borussia Dortmund, with Liverpool and Manchester United both said to be interested.

Reports emerged last week suggesting Atleti had struck a deal although they are wide of the mark.

According to Sport, chief executive Gil Marin said: "Reus has never been on the agenda of Atletico and his profile does not fit the current needs of the team."
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:24 am

Liverpool are still interested in signing Monaco striker Radamel Falcao and will continue pushing for him right up to deadline day.

The Reds have made signing a world class striker their top priority this summer, and despite having one enquiry knocked back for Falcao, he remains their number one target.

And the Daily Mirror reports that Liverpool remain hopeful he will move to Merseyside, especially after news emerged that a switch to Real Madrid is now off the cards.

Real had been keen on bagging Falcao on-loan but the transfer had collapsed, giving Liverpool new hope.

If a deal can't be sealed, Liverpool have PSG's Edinson Cavani down as the back-up.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:25 am

Brendan Rodgers has promised to pursue a world class striker right up to midnight on deadline day.

Liverpool boss Rodgers has had Radamel Falcao and Edinson Cavani on his hit-list after selling 31-goal player of the year Luis Suarez to Barcelona.

Rodgers said: "The money is there - and we will look to improve at the top end of the field until the very end of the window.

"It's not easy to get a top level striker, no. But we have to keep looking. We certainly need something, because we haven't brought in another striker so far, apart from Rickie Lambert.

"You just never know what will happen in that last week - the window will always throw up something. We will persevere, and the boys are working hard behind the scenes to see what information we can get on the availability of players."

Despite receiving a knock-back from world-class Monaco hitman Falcao, Rodgers hasn't completely given up all hope of the Reds snaring the Colombia international.

The 28-year-old, back in action after a knee injurt that kept him out of this summer's World Cup, has set his heart on a move to Real Madrid and has dismissed any alternative - despite being desperate to leave France.

But sources in Spain suggest there is no chance of a deal to take the former Atletico Madrid star to their city rivals, which leaves the faint prospect of a move to Anfield instead.

Rodgers is prepared to wait until the last few hours of the window on September 1, and offer the prospect of a year long loan deal... which would allow Falcao to keep his options open.

If not, Liverpool will pursue Paris Saint-Germain's Edison Cavani - a player he greatly admires - as an alternative, even though the Uruguayan, Suarez's international strike partner, has also played down the prospect of a switch.

The Kop club's fans were underwhelmed by the idea free agent Samuel Eto'o, now 33, could arrive as a stop-gap replacement for the departed Suarez, but Anfield insiders suggest that is very much a last resort option.

Source: Daily Mirror
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:20 am

Liverpool are expecting to complete the signing of Sampdoria goalkeeper Sergio Romero after making a £1.6million offer for his services.

Romero was approached by the Reds this week as manager Brendan Rodgers looks to bring in a quality back-up for first-choice Simon Mignolet.

And after a successful round of opening negotiations, Italian newspaper Gazzetta Dello Sport says the transfer is now very close with Liverpool putting £1.6million (€2million) on the table.

That's thought to be very close to his asking price and the Anfield club are expecting to be able to sign the Argentina international.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:20 am

Brendan Rodgers is prepared to wait until just before the transfer window slams shut in the hope of uncovering a solution to boost his firepower.

The Liverpool manager wants to sign another striker to provide competition for Daniel Sturridge and Rickie Lambert following the sale of Luis Suarez to Barcelona for £75million.

Free agent Samuel Eto'o is one option that Rodgers has considered and the Cameroon international is keen to move to Merseyside, but Rodgers is waiting to see whether anyone else emerges in the final weeks of the transfer scramble.

Liverpool have enquired about Monaco's Radamel Falcao, whose hopes of joining Real Madrid are in the balance due to the wealth of attacking options already in place at the Bernabeu.

And Rodgers is willing to bide him time aware top level reinforcements are few and far between.

"But we have to keep looking," said the Liverpool manager ahead of Sunday's Premier League opener with Southampton.

"We certainly need something that is going to help us over the coming season. You never know what sometimes happens with a few weeks to go in the window.

"That last week of the window will always throw up something. We will just persevere, and the boys are working hard behind the scenes to see what information we can get on the availability of players and we will take it from there."

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:42 am

Futbol Agent ‏@Futbol_Agent_ 4m

BREAKING: Liverpool have tabled a £25M Bid for Napoli's Gonzalo Higuain this morning. We understand Benitez would only sell to #LFC.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:48 am

cardiff-red » Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:42 am wrote:Futbol Agent ‏@Futbol_Agent_ 4m

BREAKING: Liverpool have tabled a £25M Bid for Napoli's Gonzalo Higuain this morning. We understand Benitez would only sell to #LFC.

Not a bad shout, has he been any good in Italy? Thought he was b0llocks at the WC like
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby damjan193 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:38 pm

That's like 10 million less than what they paid Real last summer. I really doubt this is true.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:45 pm

The statement Rafa would only sell to LFC exposes this... How can Rafa have a say like that... It's laughable...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:17 pm

only me » Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:20 am wrote:
Santa » Sat Aug 16, 2014 5:01 am wrote:
only me » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:37 am wrote:
Managers work is consisted of many aspects ,building a strong balanced squad is one of them

so taking care of the defensive and attacking side of things is not called balancing out the squad huh? You shout when we don't sign any good defensive player, now you yell when we don't sign a striker to replace Suarez. Life must be so much easier when you're playing your Football Manager huh? Barcelona don't seems to suffer without an out and out striker so what would you say about them? BR is trying to spread the goal getting responsibility over several players (while tightening up the defence) and not trying to depend just from one source. I'll say Luis aside, we are now harder to defend against compared to last season. Yes I do want us to sign another (back-up) striker but you making your idiotic comments here won't help. I'll say this again, I don't think BR will try to fit 2 strikers in our current season lineup and preferring to threaten from both sides and letting Coutinho and Sturridge to work from the centre.

only me » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:37 am wrote:As to Origi ,terms and conditions are part of the negotiation...We could have changed it if we tried..Get out of your little box.

...and here we have a moron calling for Ayre's dismissal LOL

Ffs you are one thick lad...If Daniel get's hurt then what? Is it that difficult to understand the huge gap we will face? I fully understand the steps made to spread the MF and allow more creative players to be involved in the game but someone still needs to be in the receiving side of the pass and SCORE. As to Barca you sure it's the best example?  :grinning: The Best MF in the world with the best player in the world still has 3 top class strikers (Neymar ,Pedro and Sanchez) and guess what they brought another striker you probably know him...Regarding defense as long as i see Glen in the starting lineup i'll vomit a bit in my throat..And if we are nitpicking where is the quality DM (Gerrard ,Lucas ,Can?)...BR will get the best out of those players i have no doubt but his scouting/Ayre supporting team are doing a poor of a job ,or mybe you are still waiting for Konoplynka ?  :laugh:

It seems you have a hard time reading, I can thought of a few reasons why but I'm not bothered so let me spelled out for you.

No one here (not me, not Brendan, not Ayre and certainly not the majority of the fans) think that we should not add another striker so I don't understand why you keep on moaning on the obvious. You must have thought that it is easy to go out and get a right striker that will fit into our way of play...just like what you did in Football Manager. And like a spoilt kid, if things don't go your way, put heads on the guillotine. The type like you are the first to whine about spending on a non-marquee player and quick to call for head to roll if things don't go your way. I'm sure if we were to sign another Sturridge or a Coutinho today, you will bitch about us buying a bunch of mid-level rejects, or overpaid for a certain no name dude from an unproven Dutch Eredivisie with bad disciplinary records. You want a big name they won't come at a good price nor would they necessary fit into our system, and Brendan might not want to accommodate 2 strikers anyway (time will tell). Can't you let the manager and his team the time to due due diligence, debate about suitability or work out a starting bid before sprouting your shit all over here? Maybe you would be so kind and put forward a few names just so we know what you're talking about?

Supporting the team means trusting the manager and his stuff to do what's right. We have decades of underachievement and as soon as we have a good one, guys here think we should have a feast and sign up anyone he likes. If you want a team with bunch of expensive subs covering all positions, there's a vacancy for a few more plastics like you down at King's Road. Their manager will even buy players that he don't need just to spike another team's transfer target. Looks like they might fit a whiners like you in there nicely  :no
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:35 pm

damjan193 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:38 pm wrote:

That's like 10 million less than what they paid Real last summer. I really doubt this is true.

if he had of said £25 mil + either lucas or agger it might have been a little bit believable  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:36 pm

It seems you have a hard time reading, I can thought of a few reasons why but I'm not bothered so let me spelled out for you.

No one here (not me, not Brendan, not Ayre and certainly not the majority of the fans) think that we should not add another striker so I don't understand why you keep on moaning on the obvious. You must have thought that it is easy to go out and get a right striker that will fit into our way of play...just like what you did in Football Manager. And like a spoilt kid, if things don't go your way, put heads on the guillotine. The type like you are the first to whine about spending on a non-marquee player and quick to call for head to roll if things don't go your way. I'm sure if we were to sign another Sturridge or a Coutinho today, you will bitch about us buying a bunch of mid-level rejects, or overpaid for a certain no name dude from an unproven Dutch Eredivisie with bad disciplinary records. You want a big name they won't come at a good price nor would they necessary fit into our system, and Brendan might not want to accommodate 2 strikers anyway (time will tell). Can't you let the manager and his team the time to due due diligence, debate about suitability or work out a starting bid before sprouting your shit all over here? Maybe you would be so kind and put forward a few names just so we know what you're talking about?

Supporting the team means trusting the manager and his stuff to do what's right. We have' decades of underachievement and as soon as we have a good one, guys here think we should have a feast and sign up anyone he likes. If you want a team with bunch of expensive subs covering all positions, there's a vacancy for a few more plastics like you down at King's Road. Their manager will even buy players that he don't need just to spike another team's transfer target. Looks like they might fit a whiners like you in there nicely  :no[/quote]

Glad to meet the author of how to be an obedient successful LFC fan ,so forgive me if i ask you to fck off ,you don't get to tell other fans how to and what to say write or act ,my whole post started with a big IF...IF we fail in signing another striker and what is the potential outcome of such failure...Like i already said i retract my calling for BR head in case we don't but he will need to answer some serious questions. I never said we should go a buying spree in fact your interpreting much of my post as an illiterate child ,i said look at our squad and focus our efforts and priorities on where we lack the most...AKA RB ,DM, Striker..

BTW i never played football manager.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:52 pm

maguskwt » Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:45 pm wrote:The statement Rafa would only sell to LFC exposes this... How can Rafa have a say like that... It's laughable...

he sold us Sturridge  :rasp
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:17 am

Liverpool's pursuit of Samuel Eto’o has been dealt a huge blow after it emerged that French police want to question him over allegations that he posted intimate pictures of his ex-girlfriend on the internet.

Reports in France claim that a Parisian judge has ruled there are grounds to investigate Eto’o, following a complaint made by Nathalie Koah.

She has accused the 33-year-old of “human trafficking, indecency, publishing obscene content, pimping, threats, blackmail and false declarations” after the acrimonious break-up of their relationship.

Ms Koah alleges that striker Eto’o posted intimate pictures of her on social networking sites – an offence that is taken extremely seriously in France.

Samuel Eto'o has been without a club since leaving Chelsea at the end of last season.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chriserfolg » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:40 am

Have the feeling that we could be bringing in Falcao in , just hope RealMadrid dont fk it up towards the end .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill