Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:32 am

Greavesie » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:53 pm wrote:
We missed a trick with Lukaku if you ask me

Agreed, and he's still only 21. I expect the fella to develop into a top top player, reminiscent of Drogba.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Santa » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:43 am

woof woof ! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:32 am wrote:
Greavesie » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:53 pm wrote:
We missed a trick with Lukaku if you ask me

Agreed, and he's still only 21. I expect the fella to develop into a top top player, reminiscent of Drogba.

...but we will never get Chelsea to do business with us, especially not this Maureen fella
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:58 am

You're probably right .

Still, it would have been interesting to see the reaction from the player, Chelsea and Everton (  :D  ) if we'd put in a strong bid for him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:05 am

Giuseppe Rossi anybody ? being linked with him in the morning press

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers has been given the go ahead to push on with efforts to land a fresh striking addition and will turn his attentions to Fiorentina forward Giuseppe Rossi.

The Anfield boss has been keeping tabs on the United States born Italian international for some weeks and is ready to launch an €25m (£20m) bid for the 27 year old hot-shot.

Rossi moved to Florence last summer and has proven a phenomenal success, scoring 16 goals in 21 Serie A appearances, but the club’s failure to secure a Champions League berth could lead them to losing a number of their top talents.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:06 am

I Love BR but really?

"Brendan Rodgers feels Liverpool's summer transfer business shows they are capable of attracting Europe's top talent"
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:52 am

Liverpool have opened talks with Italian club Sampdoria over a deal to sign Argentina World Cup goalkeeper Sergio Romero.

The Reds are desperate to sign a quality glovesman this summer to offer competition for Simon Mignolet, and have turned to Romero after failing to sign David Marshall and Karl Darlow.

Reports in Italy, backed up by Sky Italia journalist Tancredi Palmeri, say Liverpool approached Sampdoria last night over a deal.

Romero had been told he can leave the club despite his impressive showing at the World Cup, where he helped Argentina reach the final.

The 27-year-old spent last season on-loan at Monaco but did not force his way into the team.

Sampdoria would likely prefer to sell the £2million rated goalie, but could loan him again if Liverpool would prefer.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:53 am

Can't stand Eto, don't know how I would feel if he joined us :no
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:08 am

Mirror online

Manchester United's Danny Welbeck a transfer target for Hull as Old Trafford bench looms

Lion to Tigers? Move to Hull could help Welbeck protect his England place

Hull are ready to make a record-busting move for Manchester United’s England World Cup striker Danny Welbeck.

Steve Bruce will have to pay around £14million for Welbeck, who has been told his chances of first-team action will be limited under new boss Louis van Gaal just weeks after he started for the Three Lions against Italy and Uruguay in Brazil.

Bruce is after a replacement for Shane Long, who is a shock £12m target for Southampton just months after joining the Yorkshire side from West Brom in the January window.

And the Tigers' chief hopes Van Gaal will make a bold decision and cash in on Welbeck as he re-shapes the Old Trafford giants' squad with players of his own choosing.

Welbeck wants to keep himself in England manager Roy Hodgson’s plans, with Euro 2016 qualifying getting under way next month.

Given our increasingly desperate attempts to strengthen our attack if this fella was available for around £14 million and Man U were prepared to deal, would he be worth a punt ?

Still only 23, someone who's game BR could improve, reckon he'd be a good fit for the team, I'd deffo be happier with him instead of the likes of Samuel "show me the money" Etoo

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby only me » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:22 am

woof woof ! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:08 am wrote:Mirror online

Manchester United's Danny Welbeck a transfer target for Hull as Old Trafford bench looms

Hull are ready to make a record-busting move for Manchester United’s England World Cup striker Danny Welbeck.

Steve Bruce will have to pay around £14million for Welbeck, who has been told his chances of first-team action will be limited under new boss Louis van Gaal just weeks after he started for the Three Lions against Italy and Uruguay in Brazil.

Bruce is after a replacement for Shane Long, who is a shock £12m target for Southampton just months after joining the Yorkshire side from West Brom in the January window.

And the Tigers' chief hopes Van Gaal will make a bold decision and cash in on Welbeck as he re-shapes the Old Trafford giants' squad with players of his own choosing.

Welbeck wants to keep himself in England manager Roy Hodgson’s plans, with Euro 2016 qualifying getting under way next month.

Given our increasingly desperate attempts to strengthen our attack if this fella was available for around £14 million and Man U were prepared to deal, would he be worth a punt ?

Still only 23, someone who's game BR could improve, reckon he'd be a good fit for the team, I'd deffo be happier with him instead of the likes of Samuel "show me the money" Etoo

Yep Wellbeck would be a legitimate signing for us.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby SkippyRed » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:24 am

I seriously don't rate Welbeck and would prefer to keep Borini.

If we manage to sign Alex song I would probably sky dive nude, one of my favourite non LFC players.

Rossi is a good shout out from Rodgers, the guy has been banging in goals for Villareal and Fiorentina. Would also see if we could nab Gomez from them as well.
SkippyRed
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:17 am

Reports in Britain today speculate that Liverpool are preparing a €25m bid for Fiorentina forward Giuseppe Rossi.

The Reds are expected to make a move in the window to bring in another striker following Luis Suarez's sale to Barcelona.

Indications from the UK, picked up by Sportmediaset today, are that they have identified La Viola's 27-year-old Italy international as a primary objective.

It is understood that the Premier League side are prepared to come in with an offer of €25m, around £20m for the former Manchester United forward.

Brendan Rodgers is described as having kept tabs on Rossi for a 'number of weeks'.

Source: Football Italia
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:33 am

woof woof ! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:08 am wrote:Mirror online

is chicarito not also on the clear out list ?
id take him before welbeck  :nod
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:55 am

and chicharito is a Liverpool fan lol  :eyebrow

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:06 pm

he would do a good job for us, he has only played 101 times for manure with a return of 37 goals. for mexico he's 66 with a return of 36 goals. he would do a good job here imo and much better than bony or eto.
slur would never let him come here but van gaal might just not give a fook.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:10 pm

SkippyRed » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:24 am wrote:I seriously don't rate Welbeck and would prefer to keep Borini.

Can understand anyone not rating Welbeck, I have some reservations myself. Think his development has stalled at MU, but for the price being quoted I think he'd be worth a punt, I'm sure BR could get more out of him than he'd ever get out of Borini.

@RTID, I think Chicharito is being lined up as part of a swap + a bag of cash for Juve's Vidal, but yeah I'd take him if available and price was right  :)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill