Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:29 am

The Mail are heavily reporting that we are back in for Falcao

Have to say "if" we were to get him this would be one of the biggest signing's we have made in recent years, i still don't believe it will happen but if it does wow what a replacment for Luis  :buttrock
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:08 am

cardiff-red » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:29 am wrote:The Mail are heavily reporting that we are back in for Falcao

Have to say "if" we were to get him this would be one of the biggest signing's we have made in recent years, i still don't believe it will happen but if it does wow what a replacment for Luis  :buttrock

but it looks like if he does come, it will only be for 1 year loan and the next year he will move to Real...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:43 am

maguskwt » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:08 am wrote:
cardiff-red » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:29 am wrote:The Mail are heavily reporting that we are back in for Falcao

but it looks like if he does come, it will only be for 1 year loan and the next year he will move to Real...

Once he's here though he may like the place and decide to stay, especially if we are successful and with him in the side there's a decent chance that we might be.
It's all just paper talk and conjecture at this point though so I wouldn't get too excited, if a reliable source like Tony Barrett or James Pearce pick up on this story then we can dare to dream but until then I'd take these reports with a pinch of salt.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:48 pm

maguskwt » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:08 am wrote:

A year loan would be the best. I'm not too keen on spending a Sh*t load of money on a 28 year old who just had a horrible injury to be honest. He's one of the best strikers in the world but I don't see him as a long term solution. It would best if we just got him on loan this season and look for someone else next summer. Doubt anything's going to happen though.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:01 pm

A years loan would be best for all I think. We are risk free if he has not the same player as before his injury, and if he wants to go to madras he can go next summer, upon which we can sign Benzema... failing that I doubt that if he did come and did well he would want to leave the club.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:10 pm

Liverpool may have a new SAS in Daniel Sturridge and Raheem Sterling, however Radamel Falcao continues to be linked with being drafted in to Anfield to help.

Having lost Luis Suarez to Barcelona earlier this summer, Brendan Rodgers is keen to bring in more options in attack.

It has emerged that Falcao could become one of those options. Falcao only moved to Monaco last summer but is understood to be disaffected by the French Ligue 1 and keen to move on.

Real Madrid would be the Colombia international's favoured destination, however Los Blancos are in a state of limbo regarding a bid. £90m has already been spent on James Rodriguez, Toni Kroos and Keylor Navas this summer and the Spanish champions must be wary of breaking Uefa's Financial Fair Play rules.

Reports suggest Real Madrid want to take Falcao on loan and make the deal permanent next summer, however Monaco believe that the Spanish club should pay up front for the striker.

With Monaco, who finished behind PSG in the final Ligue 1 standings last season, sympathetic to Falcao's desire to move on, a loan to an alternative club would be considered.

It is this scenario that Liverpool might be able to land the hugely rated former Atetico Madrid hitman, however they would have to stump up a considerable loan fee, with Monaco reportedly seeking as much as £12m.

Source: The Independent
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:02 pm

Heard there are call for Fernando Torres to return...could be the spark that he badly needed. Is Chelsea willing to do business? what's your thought on Judas guys?
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:24 pm

I think it would work, him and Sturridge up front.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby only me » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:08 pm

Santa » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:02 pm wrote:Heard there are call for Fernando Torres to return...could be the spark that he badly needed. Is Chelsea willing to do business? what's your thought on Judas guys?

If we can't land one of the big names ,i'll take him. I still think he has much to prove and their is no reason why he can't replicate his previous form.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby devaney » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:07 pm

Torres has quite sometime left on his contract and I think he is on £180k a week. He won't move from Chelsea for less money and he simply isn't worth silly transfer money and craY wages. Chelsea are welcome to him.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:55 pm

Santa » Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:02 pm wrote:Heard there are call for Fernando Torres to return...could be the spark that he badly needed. Is Chelsea willing to do business? what's your thought on Judas guys?

that wouldnt make sense at all. they wouldnt give us bertrand so unlikely they will give us torres
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:42 am

devaney » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:07 pm wrote:Torres has quite sometime left on his contract and I think he is on £180k a week. He won't move from Chelsea for less money and he simply isn't worth silly transfer money and craY wages. Chelsea are welcome to him.

This! He is a fraction of the player he was before his injury not forgetting they way he left us out to dry. I laugh when he misses chance after chance. I'd rather have Ibe given a chance that have that mercenary.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:12 am

damjan193 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:48 am wrote:
maguskwt » Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:08 am wrote:

A year loan would be the best. I'm not too keen on spending a Sh*t load of money on a 28 year old who just had a horrible injury to be honest. He's one of the best strikers in the world but I don't see him as a long term solution. It would best if we just got him on loan this season and look for someone else next summer. Doubt anything's going to happen though.

His wages will be a sh!t load of money.

That said a loan deal woudl at prove whether he is up to the physical constraints of the league.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:33 am

Liverpool still have a chance of signing Ezequiel Lavezzi before the end of the transfer window, despite injury to team-mate Zlatan Ibrahimovic, according to reports.

Ibrahimovic was forced out of PSG's Ligue 1 match against Bastia at the weekend with a suspected hip problem and while the extent of the injury remains unclear, it is not expected to keep both Lavezzi and Edinson Cavani at the club.

Both players have been linked with a move away from the French champions this summer, with Liverpool pursuing Lavezzi as a replacement for Luis Suarez.

And according to Le Parisien journalist Julien Laurens, the Argentine could be the one to depart.

Lavezzi's most recent contract negotiations with PSG are believed to have broken down, with Liverpool lining up a £16m move.

Meanwhile, Serie A giants Juventus are also said to be keeping close tabs on the situation.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:34 am

Liverpool continue to pursue AS Monaco goal machine Radamel Falcao with the Daily Mail claiming that the Anfield side are ready to meet the Colombian's massive salary expectations.

The 28-year-old, who moved to Ligue 1 big spenders AS Monaco in a £50m deal last year, wants to leave the Stade Louis II but as yet his main suitors are unwilling to meet the principality club's price-tag.

Real Madrid are known to court the former Atletico Madrid star but having spent big on the likes of James Rodgriguez, Toni Kroos and Keylor Navas the La Liga side are not in a position to bring in another big name addition for fear of failing to adhere to UEFA's FFP (Financial Fair Play) guidelines.

AS Monaco are not willing to loan Falcao to Real Madrid but are ready to consider such a temporary move elsewhere, which could offer Brendan Rodgers hope.

Liverpool will reportedly had no problem financing the move and apparently a £200k a week wage package will not be a problem.

AS Monaco will demand £12m for a season long loan switch though Liverpool would look to negotiate on that front.

Falcao has scored goals wherever he has pitched up, netting 72 goals in 87 appearances for FC Porto before racking up 70 goals in 91 appearances for Atletico Madrid.

Last term the South American managed 11 goals in 19 fixtures before he was sidelined with a serious knee injury that ruled him out of the World Cup finals.

Source: CaughtOffside.com
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill