Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Liverpool have accepted an offer from Bayern Munich for Pepe Reina.

Tony Barrett of The Times
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:17 pm

Liverpool are on red alert after it emerged that Real Madrid are ready to part ways with Xabi Alonso this summer.

The Champions League holders have moved to bring in Monaco's James Rodriguez and Bayern Munich's Toni Kroos during the current transfer window, heating up competition for places in midfield.

Manchester United target Angel Di Maria is set to be offloaded to French champions Paris St-Germain, whilst question marks remain over the future of Sami Khedira, who is being chased by both Arsenal and Chelsea.

However, Spanish outlet El Confidencial claims that Carlo Ancelotti would rather part with Anfield favourite Alonso after the midfielder returned from Spain's World Cup campaign in poor condition.

Alonso already looked set for a season on the sidelines, with Ancelotti planning to deploy Kroos alongside Luka Modric behind an attacking quartet of Rodriguez, Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo, and the former Chelsea boss is now willing to sanction a move for Alonso back to Merseyside.

Liverpool have already added a number of players to their ranks including Adam Lallana and Emre Can, but Brendan Rodgers could now pounce for Alonso in order to provide Steven Gerrard with competition and cover for the role of midfield playmaker.

A reunion with the Kop faithful would surely appeal to Alonso, who previously admitted that there was nothing like playing in front of a full house at Anfield.

He said: "Liverpool was a very important part in my football career. Especially when we played at Anfield, we achieved great things and we had great nights at Anfield.

"There is a passion and atmosphere that comes when you play in England in the Premier League. It's special and I had the privilege to play for five years for Liverpool, and it's a really special club.

"Anfield is a beautiful stadium and it has a certain charm and style that is very difficult to find in other stadiums. So I miss it a little bit; I really enjoyed the time that I spent in England, it was very important for my football career."

Source: Daily Express
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:46 pm

cardiff-red » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:17 pm wrote:Liverpool are on red alert after it emerged that Real Madrid are ready to part ways with Xabi Alonso this summer.

The Champions League holders have moved to bring in Monaco's James Rodriguez and Bayern Munich's Toni Kroos during the current transfer window, heating up competition for places in midfield.

Manchester United target Angel Di Maria is set to be offloaded to French champions Paris St-Germain, whilst question marks remain over the future of Sami Khedira, who is being chased by both Arsenal and Chelsea.

However, Spanish outlet El Confidencial claims that Carlo Ancelotti would rather part with Anfield favourite Alonso after the midfielder returned from Spain's World Cup campaign in poor condition.

Alonso already looked set for a season on the sidelines, with Ancelotti planning to deploy Kroos alongside Luka Modric behind an attacking quartet of Rodriguez, Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema and Cristiano Ronaldo, and the former Chelsea boss is now willing to sanction a move for Alonso back to Merseyside.

Liverpool have already added a number of players to their ranks including Adam Lallana and Emre Can, but Brendan Rodgers could now pounce for Alonso in order to provide Steven Gerrard with competition and cover for the role of midfield playmaker.

A reunion with the Kop faithful would surely appeal to Alonso, who previously admitted that there was nothing like playing in front of a full house at Anfield.

He said: "Liverpool was a very important part in my football career. Especially when we played at Anfield, we achieved great things and we had great nights at Anfield.

"There is a passion and atmosphere that comes when you play in England in the Premier League. It's special and I had the privilege to play for five years for Liverpool, and it's a really special club.

"Anfield is a beautiful stadium and it has a certain charm and style that is very difficult to find in other stadiums. So I miss it a little bit; I really enjoyed the time that I spent in England, it was very important for my football career."

Source: Daily Express

feelings aside he's 33 in november and is a bit past it imo. id prefer to see can get the gametime also.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:03 pm

Bayern have confirmed the purchase of Reina. Anybody know what we got for him?
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:55 pm

ethanr » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:03 pm wrote:Bayern have confirmed the purchase of Reina. Anybody know what we got for him?

guardian saying £2.5.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:07 pm

Seems like our rivals are getting the business done while we continue to add to our list of midtable signings. ManUtd apparently ahead of Barcelona in the race to sign Cuadrado (who for is on the same level of the likes of Di Maria, Sanchez, Fabregas, etc.)

We seriously ought to take notice of the improvements made/being made by the sides around us (Arsenal, Chelsea, and ManUtd in particular) because I expect them all to come in this season much stronger than they were last season. I'm not sure the same could be said about us.

-ManUtd brought in a better manager, improved their lineup in a few positions and are seemingly looking to add another big name to their starting 11. The only starter they had who was sold was Evra; but they brought in a big improvement.

-Arsenal brought in one of the best attacking players in the planet in Sanchez imo. They led the league for large periods last season and with Ramsey healthy again and Ozil having a season in the league under his belt, they seem like genuine contenders.

-Chelsea have outperformed every side on the planet in the transfer market this season imo. They sold a substitute CB for 50mill and brought in 4 players who are amongst the top 3 in the league in their respective positions. Costa, Fabregas and Felipe in particular will improve them going forward and with the Mourinho factor they -on paper at least- seem like title favorites.   

We have outspent all of these sides and certainly seem to have a weaker starting 11 than we did last season. Now I know many seem to be against us going for a 'marquee' signing for one reason or the other but imo that is exactly what we need. In the last few seasons we have signed Torres and Suarez and alongside a then world class Gerrard these signings have contributed to us staying somewhere close to the top. When I look at the players we have now, there isnt a single player who is anywhere near good enough to 'carry' the side. And before anyone says anything about Torres or Suarez not being marquee signings, Torres was made captain of Atletico when he was 19. When we signed him he had been a Spain international for the previous 4 years and his side's top scorer for the previous 5 seasons. ManUtd and Arsenal had been chasing him for a while, and we broke our transfer record to sign. He was a marquee signing. Suarez scored 111 goals in the 3 and a half seasons prior to us signing him. He was by far the best player in the Dutch league and biting incidents aside, he seemed destined to a move to one of the biggest clubs. Again, we broke our record fee to sign him and the only reason many seem to think he wasnt a marquee signing is the fact we spent 35mill on Carroll in that same window.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:27 am

Liverpool offer £16m plus Suso for Spanish prodigy Alberto Moreno as deal inches closer

LIVERPOOL are prepared to part with £16m and attacking midfielder Suso to sign Sevilla star Alberto Moreno.

By: Jamie AndersonPublished: Tue, August 5, 2014

Spanish newspaper Marca revealed that Liverpool are so keen to bring the 22-year-old to Anfield - they have offered Suso on a season-long loan to sweeten the deal.

The Spanish international has already proven his desire to push through a move to Anfield by agreeing to drop his excessive wage demands.

And combined with Liverpool's generous deal - Moreno could make a permanent switch before the end of the week.

Rodgers rekindled his interest as result of losing out on both Ben Davies and Ryan Bertrand to Tottenham and Southampton respectively.

But considering his fluid and attacking style of play, mixed with a youthful exuberance that would endear him to the Anfield faithful - Moreno is clearly more suited to Brendan Rodgers' long-term strategy. 

The Northern-Irishman has deemed Jose Enrique, Jon Flanagan and Aly Cissokho all unsuitable to occupy the left-back role - a position many Liverpool fans feel has not been adequately filled since the exit of John Arne Riise.

The good news for Kop supporters is that Moreno harbours the same pace, determination and goal scoring aptitude as the Norwegian.

And at such a young age - could occupy the position for many years to come.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:37 am

aCe' » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:07 pm wrote:Seems like our rivals are getting the business done while we continue to add to our list of midtable signings. ManUtd apparently ahead of Barcelona in the race to sign Cuadrado (who for is on the same level of the likes of Di Maria, Sanchez, Fabregas, etc.)

We seriously ought to take notice of the improvements made/being made by the sides around us (Arsenal, Chelsea, and ManUtd in particular) because I expect them all to come in this season much stronger than they were last season. I'm not sure the same could be said about us.

-ManUtd brought in a better manager, improved their lineup in a few positions and are seemingly looking to add another big name to their starting 11. The only starter they had who was sold was Evra; but they brought in a big improvement.

-Arsenal brought in one of the best attacking players in the planet in Sanchez imo. They led the league for large periods last season and with Ramsey healthy again and Ozil having a season in the league under his belt, they seem like genuine contenders.

-Chelsea have outperformed every side on the planet in the transfer market this season imo. They sold a substitute CB for 50mill and brought in 4 players who are amongst the top 3 in the league in their respective positions. Costa, Fabregas and Felipe in particular will improve them going forward and with the Mourinho factor they -on paper at least- seem like title favorites.   

We have outspent all of these sides and certainly seem to have a weaker starting 11 than we did last season. Now I know many seem to be against us going for a 'marquee' signing for one reason or the other but imo that is exactly what we need. In the last few seasons we have signed Torres and Suarez and alongside a then world class Gerrard these signings have contributed to us staying somewhere close to the top. When I look at the players we have now, there isnt a single player who is anywhere near good enough to 'carry' the side. And before anyone says anything about Torres or Suarez not being marquee signings, Torres was made captain of Atletico when he was 19. When we signed him he had been a Spain international for the previous 4 years and his side's top scorer for the previous 5 seasons. ManUtd and Arsenal had been chasing him for a while, and we broke our transfer record to sign. He was a marquee signing. Suarez scored 111 goals in the 3 and a half seasons prior to us signing him. He was by far the best player in the Dutch league and biting incidents aside, he seemed destined to a move to one of the biggest clubs. Again, we broke our record fee to sign him and the only reason many seem to think he wasnt a marquee signing is the fact we spent 35mill on Carroll in that same window.

We have made quality signings.

Lovren was one of the best defenders in the league last season.
Lallana is a class player, if he was european people would be raving about him. I genuinely believe he will be a top player for us.
Markovic is one of the most exciting young players in Europe, again he wil be a great asset for us.
Assuming Moreno signs Brendan will have got his number 1 target for that position.
Lambert has quality and experience, at the minimum he adds depth to the squad, for the money it's a great deal
Can from what I have seen so far looks ideal for what we lacked last season, a dominant physical presence in midfield

Until the season starts we don't know how much the Suarez factor will affect us, but what we do know is we have a good manager
and one of our biggest problems was our squad depth and bench, which should be much stonger this season.
Also Sterling will be fantastic this season
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:10 am

Let's face it it's impossible ATM to judge how we are going to perform without Luis because for one reason or another we haven't really had the opportunity to see all our new signings play together.
The result (and defending) was disappointing against United but the general performance wasn't, they basically had their best team out whilst we were missing the likes of Sturridge, Markovic, Lovren and Moreno (*) who would all be expected to start in our first XI (Lallana and Manquillo might have a good chance of getting in there too).
We do look light in terms of options up front though, Lambert will be a good option when we have got teams pinned back and under the cosh at Anfield but away from home where we'll probably need to work hard without the ball and hit teams on the break we could probably do with someone younger.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:11 am

Liverpool could sign Borussia Dortmund attacker Marco Reus for just £19.8million after new details about his release clause were leaked.

The Reds are said to be leading the race for Germany international Reus, who has rejected a new contract at Dortmund and looks set to leave.

His release clause, which comes into effect next summer, was thought to be worth £27million, but Bild says interested clubs have now been alerted that it is actually as low as £19.8million.

That means that Liverpool could sign the 25-year-old for less than £20million, if they successfully fend off interest from other clubs.

Bayern Munich and Real Madrid have both been linked with Reus, while Barcelona are also known to have a fleeting interest.

However, with all three already well stocked with midfielders and with Reus said to be looking for a big project at his next club, Liverpool will firmly be in the race.

Source: Metro
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Johnny Boy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:20 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:10 am wrote:Let's face it it's impossible ATM to judge how we are going to perform without Luis because for one reason or another we haven't really had the opportunity to see all our new signings play together.
The result (and defending) was disappointing against United but the general performance wasn't, they basically had their best team out whilst we were missing the likes of Sturridge, Markovic, Lovren and Moreno (*) who would all be expected to start in our first XI (Lallana and Manquillo might have a good chance of getting in there too).
We do look light in terms of options up front though, Lambert will be a good option when we have got teams pinned back and under the cosh at Anfield but away from home where we'll probably need to work hard without the ball and hit teams on the break we could probably do with someone younger.

I agree on the striker options, we definitely need to add 1,possibly 2 if Borini goes.
Johnny Boy
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:24 am

cardiff-red » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:11 am wrote:Liverpool could sign Borussia Dortmund attacker Marco Reus for just £19.8million after new details about his release clause were leaked.

The Reds are said to be leading the race for Germany international Reus, who has rejected a new contract at Dortmund and looks set to leave.

His release clause, which comes into effect next summer, was thought to be worth £27million, but Bild says interested clubs have now been alerted that it is actually as low as £19.8million.

That means that Liverpool could sign the 25-year-old for less than £20million, if they successfully fend off interest from other clubs.

Bayern Munich and Real Madrid have both been linked with Reus, while Barcelona are also known to have a fleeting interest.

However, with all three already well stocked with midfielders and with Reus said to be looking for a big project at his next club, Liverpool will firmly be in the race.

Source: Metro

Be great if it happens but I can't see it myself.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:20 pm

Johnny Boy » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:37 pm wrote:
aCe' » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:07 pm wrote:Seems like our rivals are getting the business done while we continue to add to our list of midtable signings. ManUtd apparently ahead of Barcelona in the race to sign Cuadrado (who for is on the same level of the likes of Di Maria, Sanchez, Fabregas, etc.)

We have made quality signings.

Lovren was one of the best defenders in the league last season.
Lallana is a class player, if he was european people would be raving about him. I genuinely believe he will be a top player for us.
Markovic is one of the most exciting young players in Europe, again he wil be a great asset for us.
Assuming Moreno signs Brendan will have got his number 1 target for that position.
Lambert has quality and experience, at the minimum he adds depth to the squad, for the money it's a great deal
Can from what I have seen so far looks ideal for what we lacked last season, a dominant physical presence in midfield

Until the season starts we don't know how much the Suarez factor will affect us, but what we do know is we have a good manager
and one of our biggest problems was our squad depth and bench, which should be much stonger this season.
Also Sterling will be fantastic this season

The one part I agree with is this, "we don't know how much the Suarez factor will affect us".

Outside that, I think the only player we signed who I would refer to as a quality signing is Lovren. When we start talking about us making quality signings, surely the benchmark would be the sides around us. Sure, we've made 'quality' signing compared to the likes of Newcastle and Stoke, but when you look at the quality we have added to our side this summer and compare it to what the sides around us have been doing, the fact that we have outspent them all becomes quite laughable.

Markovic, Lambert, Lallana and Can wouldnt get in any of the starting 11s of the sides competing for Champions League football and to be honest I'm not quite convinced they'd get into our starting 11 either. Add to that a loaned out backup striker and thats 70million that -I will acknowledge- makes our bench a lot stronger. That said, the next player we buy needs to be one that can make our starting 11 more competitive. We had a thin bench that was lacking in quality last season and almost won it. I'm not sure we would have been in the same situation if we had a stronger bench and a starting 11 like the one we have at the moment.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chriserfolg » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Highly doubt that Marco Reus would join us at least for this season .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby C-R » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:58 pm

Some really great news this, Howard Webb has retired from refereeing !!! hey ho the wicked tw@t is gone !!

Howard Webb has been appointed technical director of the official referees' association, bringing to an end a 25-year refereeing career.

Webb has refereed over 500 Premier League and Football League matches and officiated in the 2010 World Cup final.

He began his career in 1989, progressing through the Northern Counties and Football League to become a Select Group referee in 2003.

"I am very excited to start this new chapter in my career," said Webb.

Oh happy day  :buttrock

"Breaking: Howard Webb has officially retired as a referee after failing to agree a new contract with Manchester United"
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill