Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:44 am

We are also being linked with Columbian striker Luis Muriel of Udinese

I've not seen him play but heard good things about him, any thoughts guys ??

Also, we are supposed to be looking at Mainz goalkeeper Loris Karius as competition for Mignolet,. A 21 year old keeper who was at City as a teenager.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:18 am

Muriel, Candreva, Karius, Lambert, etc.

Mid-table sides across the continent beware !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:02 pm

Muriel is a very promising young talent and has the ability to be top notch. However he has fitness issues (mainly due to keeping the weight off) and is prone to picking up injuries
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:44 pm

tariq panja @tariqpanja  ·  9m
Re Falcao - understand Liverpool had made an inquiry a week or so ago and were told he's going somewhere else. Showed ambition at v least.
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:58 pm

Muriel is a tremendous prospect but he's similar in style to Markovic, I think we need someone who can lead the line.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:16 pm

Rumour going around is we are in to loan Falcao for 10 million with an option to buy. Strange one that as I do not ever remember such a marquee player ever going on loan. I hope there are no issues with his fitness (except if he goes to a rival). I just don't get why Monaco would want that, if balancing their books is their motivation then why not sell for 50 million?
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:38 pm

kazza » Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:16 pm wrote:Rumour going around is we are in to loan Falcao for 10 million with an option to buy. Strange one that as I do not ever remember such a marquee player ever going on loan. I hope there are no issues with his fitness (except if he goes to a rival). I just don't get why Monaco would want that, if balancing their books is their motivation then why not sell for 50 million?

Tony Barrett saying we did enquire about him but were told he is going Madrid. Would have been fantastic but once Real or Barca show any interest, really is game over 99% of the time
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:46 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:58 pm wrote:Muriel is a tremendous prospect but he's similar in style to Markovic, I think we need someone who can lead the line.

I think Muriel is different to Markovic. Muriel definitely a striker whereas Markovic an attacking midfielder. Problem with Muriel is he has some real concerns over his fitness. Been mentioned he finds it hard to keep the weight off and this leads to him picking up regular injuries. Young lad so enough time to sort it out but is a worry
Doeboy

Postby bunglemark2 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:59 pm

Shaqiri and Bony still linked, neither of whom do anything for me.
Stil, on the upside, funds from Lucas and Agger could be put to good use to nab Reus. Really like him. And with BVB pi$$ed at Bayern Munich, possibly have a chance to grab him...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:54 pm

How about bringing this lad back from Brazil ? He could make the same impact as Coutinho .

RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:01 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:54 pm wrote:How about bringing this lad back from Brazil ? He could make the same impact as Coutinho .

Was a cracking player for Milan. However he is another one who seemed to become prone to injury and hasn't been quite the same since then. For the right price, worth a punt, however his fitness issues would be bit of a concern. Sturridge can be quite susceptible to niggles and would be bit of a worry bringing in another striker who is also prone to injuries. Was one of the concerns I had with Remy
I think we were really blessed with Suarez. Not only was he a world class player but his ability to stay fit in the face of some rough treatment, was amazing.
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:21 am

Now that the Falcao link has been killed the papers are saying we in for Cavani

Cavani is certainly a marquee signing, a massive name etc... but didn't really impress me during the world cup
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:15 am

Liverpool's search for a new striker rumbles on after it emerged their hopes of signing Radamel Falcao have been dashed.

But the Reds are in the hunt Uruguayan hit-man Edinson Cavani, according to the player's agent, who says they have made an approach for the Paris Saint Germain forward along with Arsenal.

Liverpool are understood to have made tentative enquiries about the availability of taking Falcao on loan this season but the club have been told that if the 28-year-old is to leave Monaco then it will be for Real Madrid.

A season-long loan fee could have cost the Reds as much as £12m and Colombian striker Falcao would have also demanded a huge salary, with some reports suggesting he earns £10m a year, tax free, playing in the principality.

And it is believed that Falcao favours a return to La Liga where he flourished at Atletico Madrid and earned his big money move to Monaco last summer - but now he wants to play for their city rivals Real.

Cavani, meanwhile, is said to be interested in a move to the Premier League and his representative claims Liverpool and Arsenal have made an approach.

It remains unclear whether the 27-year-old is on Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers' list or not but Cavani's agent, Claudi Anelluci, insists the Reds have enquired about his transfer.

"There has been much interest in the player during the last six months," Claudi Anelluci is quoted in El Telegrafo as saying.

"I can confirm that Cavani heard proposals from Liverpool and Arsenal.

"(Cavani) Already said he would love to play in England, but has not yet made a final decision.

"He is not interested in money and fame; he just wants to be happy playing football."

Liverpool have been looking to fill the void left by Luis Suarez ever since he was sold to Barcelona for £75m earlier this summer.

It remains unlikely that Daniel Sturridge will be paired with Swansea City's Wilfried Bony, despite constant speculation linking Liverpool with a move.

The Ivory Coast international was on a list of potential replacements for Suarez but the Reds are understood to have cooled their interest.

Bony's buy-out-clause is believed to be £19m and his wage demands are likely to have put Liverpool off.

Source: Liverpool Echo
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:07 pm

rumours about kalou surfacing again  :down:
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/li ... ve-7582927?
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:10 pm

red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill