Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:08 am

Sunday Express still reporting our interest in Balotelli

I'm a Mario fan! Brendan Rodgers confirms Liverpool want Balotelli

BRENDAN RODGERS has revealed Liverpool are interested in signing AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli, who was previously a target for Arsenal.

The Reds are still looking to beef up their frontline after a move for Loic Remy broke down.

Balotelli, who is believed to be up for sale, is the sort of player that excites Rodgers.

"Balotelli has all the qualities [I like]," Rodgers said.

"He’s 6’3”, he’s quick, his touch is terrific, he can score goals and he’s still so young

"I saw that in this time at Inter as a young player and obviously going to Manchester City when we had a real close eye on him there.

"He’s a big talent."

Milan are thought to be willing to accept £14million for Balotelli.

At £14 million he'd be a steal but is he too much of a nut job too have at our club ? I'm thinking he probably is but because of his ability I do find myself wondering if BR could change him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:20 am

woof woof ! » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:08 am wrote:Sunday Express still reporting our interest in Balotelli

BRENDAN RODGERS has revealed Liverpool are interested in signing AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli, who was previously a target for Arsenal.

The Reds are still looking to beef up their frontline after a move for Loic Remy broke down.

Balotelli, who is believed to be up for sale, is the sort of player that excites Rodgers.

"He’s 6’3”, he’s quick, his touch is terrific, he can score goals and he’s still so young

"I saw that in this time at Inter as a young player and obviously going to Manchester City when we had a real close eye on him there.

"He’s a big talent."

At £14 million he'd be a steal but is he too much of a nut job too have at our club ? I'm thinking he probably is but because of his ability I do find myself wondering if BR could change him.

At 14 million he is worth the gamble
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:36 am

woof woof ! » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:08 am wrote:Sunday Express still reporting our interest in Balotelli

"He’s a big talent."

BR has a fetish for insanity i see. I really hope it's a joke.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:45 am

I'm not a huge fan of Balotelli (especially his lack of work rate and the way he just stands there and expects a team mate to slog his guts out to get the ball back after he has just lost it) but the lad is undeniably a talent.
If he's genuinely available for £14m then we would have to buy him, at that price he is definitely worth the gamble, we've blown more than that on Aspas and Alberto and if Brendan can sort him out then someone of his ability could catapult us back into the race for the top prizes in the game.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby chriserfolg » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:26 pm

Brandon just praised the lad before the game and we are interested in signing him , silly press . But if he was available for 14 , he'd be a steal , no doubt he can be world-class if someone can steady his head .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:33 pm

chriserfolg » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:26 am wrote:Brandon just praised the lad before the game and we are interested in signing him , silly press . But if he was available for 14 , he'd be a steal , no doubt he can be world-class if someone can steady his head .

Yeah the press are adding 2 and 2 together and getting 5, but as you say for £14m he'd be an absolute steal, Sunderland are on the verge of signing Borini for that!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Balotelli no doubt talented. Would just find it so hard to put up with the half arsed effort he puts in some games, especially being so used to Suarez giving 110% every match. However, if Brendan can sort that out, there's no doubt talent wise, he is up there
Doeboy

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:48 pm

Chris is right, Brendan just said a few positive comments about Baloteli (he was probably asked about his opinion on him so what's he going to say?), and the media did the rest. I personally don't want him and I doubt we'll go for him because he has a very low work-rate.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:58 pm

Agree with all those that have questioned Balotelli's work rate. The fella needs a boot up his ***** re his overall contribution

BUT

If BR goes with two up front who would you rather have in a starting eleven, Lambert or Balotelli  ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:28 pm

if we can get ballotelli for 14mil then id take him. he will come with a health warning though  :nod
he's got good skill,close control and good vision but he has no where near the workrate required. he will frustrate watching him strolling around looking disinterested but he will delight looking at the goals he can score.
we might be a good move for him seen as he is full of potential but the downside is that he is a box of chocolates. id go as far as to say that his reputation has been mostly gained off the field rather than on it so in our side he has a chance to shine if he has the right attitude.
rodgers will have his hands full managing him thats for sure
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:23 pm

There is an official press conference tonight on LFC TV, wonder if the Manquillo deal will be announced or something/someone else
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:23 pm

Chris Bascome has tweeted something along the lines of - despite some kind words from Brendan for Mario LFC have no interest whatsoever in signing Balotelli, none, zilch, zero, nada.....much to the relief of their PR staff.

Looks like that one ain't happening anyway.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:38 pm

cardiff-red » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:23 pm wrote:There is an official press conference tonight on LFC TV, wonder if the Manquillo deal will be announced or something/someone else

Yeah it's Manquillo by the looks of it, we've agreed a 2 year loan deal with Atletico and he's having a medical tomorrow in Liverpool. The deal includes an option to sign him on a permanent basis next summer for £5m.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:38 pm wrote:
cardiff-red » Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:23 pm wrote:There is an official press conference tonight on LFC TV, wonder if the Manquillo deal will be announced or something/someone else

Yeah it's Manquillo by the looks of it, we've agreed a 2 year loan deal with Atletico and he's having a medical tomorrow in Liverpool. The deal includes an option to sign him on a permanent basis next summer for £5m.

Infact on second thoughts it will be the pre match press conference for the United game, I forgot we play them tomorrow.
They won't announce the Manquillo deal until after the medical, especially after what happened with Remy.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:20 pm

woof woof ! » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:58 pm wrote:Agree with all those that have questioned Balotelli's work rate. The fella needs a boot up his ***** re his overall contribution

BUT

If BR goes with two up front who would you rather have in a starting eleven, Lambert or Balotelli  ?

Why does it have to be one or the other? There are other options out there, it's not just Balotelli.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill