Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby chriserfolg » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:11 am

kazza » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:08 am wrote:
UvS xR4GEx » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:59 pm wrote:I'd probably take Dani Alves for the reported £6.5m pounds thats been quoted.

He'll be a massive improvement on Glen.

We were so close to buying him before. We wanted to pay 8 million for him and they wanted twelve. The deal broke down and then he was sold to Barca the next year for 26 million. Parry.... Those were the days  :laugh:

Hope history doesn't repeat with Moreno but in truth i had more faith with Benitez signings - fact .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:02 am

Swansea are ready to ditch Wilfried Bony’s £19million release clause to offload the unsettled striker.

Mirror Sport understands a number of Premier League clubs have already been sounded out about a deal, with the Welsh club relaxing their stance on his asking price.

Despite being talked up by boss Garry Monk last week, the 25-goal hitman has made it clear to the Swans that he wants to move to a bigger club.

He now fears that the opportunity is slipping away - despite a month of the transfer window remaining - and that the fee being demanded is scaring off potential suitors.

Liverpool and Tottenham have both shown interest in him. Reds boss Brendan Rodgers instead moved for QPR’s £8.5m Loic Remy last month, but the deal fell apart when a heart problem allegedly showed up in the Frenchman’s medical.

Having paid £12million to Vitesse Arnhem for Bony last summer, Swansea wanted a profit on their investment and had been insistent that they would not take less than £19million.

The 25-year-old was a huge hit in his debut campaign but his determination to move on has left the club with no option but to sell.

Only last week, Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins appeared to admit defeat publicly when he said: “If a top Champions League club comes in, and puts the right offer on the table, then of course we will speak to Bony.”

Monk is refusing to give up on the striker and has launched a charm offensive in a bid to persuade him to stay at the Liberty Stadium.

He said last week: “I’ve said all along how important Wilfried is to us and what a good player he is. For me I can help him become an even better player this season.”
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:28 am

Liverpool on verge of completing £20m swoop for Sevilla defender Alberto Moreno
LIVERPOOL are on the verge of completing a £20m swoop for Sevilla left-back Alberto Moreno.

By Nick Lustig / Published 4th August 2014
Liverpool are close to completing a deal for Sevilla defender Alberto Moreno [GETTY]
Reds boss Brendan Rodgers scrapped a move for Moreno earlier in the summer after failing to agree a fee with Sevilla.

But Rodgers revived his interest in the 22-year-old last week, with managing director Ian Ayre jetting out to Spain in a bid to finalise an agreement with the La Liga outfit.

And according to Estadio Deportivo, a £20m agreement between the two clubs has been reached with Moreno expected to fly to England in the next 24 hours to complete his switch to Liverpool.

MEDICAL: Javier Manquillo will undergo at medical today ahead of his loan switch to Liverpool [GETTY]
Moreno is set to be joined at Anfield by Atletico Madrid right-back Javier Manquillo.

Manquillo, 20, is expected to arrive in Liverpool today and undergo a medical ahead of his loan move from the Spanish champions.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:19 pm

Looks like the Moreno and Manquillo deals are close now. BR has also said he hopes to sign two more players before the window shuts  :oh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:18 pm

kazza » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:02 am wrote:Swansea are ready to ditch Wilfried Bony’s £19million release clause to offload the unsettled striker.

Mirror Sport understands a number of Premier League clubs have already been sounded out about a deal, with the Welsh club relaxing their stance on his asking price.

Despite being talked up by boss Garry Monk last week, the 25-goal hitman has made it clear to the Swans that he wants to move to a bigger club.

He now fears that the opportunity is slipping away - despite a month of the transfer window remaining - and that the fee being demanded is scaring off potential suitors.

Liverpool and Tottenham have both shown interest in him. Reds boss Brendan Rodgers instead moved for QPR’s £8.5m Loic Remy last month, but the deal fell apart when a heart problem allegedly showed up in the Frenchman’s medical.

Having paid £12million to Vitesse Arnhem for Bony last summer, Swansea wanted a profit on their investment and had been insistent that they would not take less than £19million.

The 25-year-old was a huge hit in his debut campaign but his determination to move on has left the club with no option but to sell.

Only last week, Swansea chairman Huw Jenkins appeared to admit defeat publicly when he said: “If a top Champions League club comes in, and puts the right offer on the table, then of course we will speak to Bony.”

Monk is refusing to give up on the striker and has launched a charm offensive in a bid to persuade him to stay at the Liberty Stadium.

He said last week: “I’ve said all along how important Wilfried is to us and what a good player he is. For me I can help him become an even better player this season.”

I'm not the biggest fan of Bony but I'd definitely take him now if he was offered to us, we are seriously light up front and any long term injury to Sturridge and the season would be a write off.
I know it's pre season and the players are probably working extra hard but Lambert looks shattered, I couldn't see him leading the line for us week in week out for any length of time, not at the tempo we play at anyway. I know Bony's not exactly renowned for his work rate either but at least he isn't 32.
We bought Lambert as an option from the bench and it looks like that will be his best role.
I'd love us to sign a top quality forward like Reuss but let's face it we are not going to fork out another £40m on top of the £100m+ we will have already shelled out once these 2 Spanish fullbacks complete their moves.
Signing another forward should be our number 1 priority IMO, we are lighter there than anywhere else in the squad.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:26 pm

And another keeper! Not because our defence exposes him but because he does not look good with the ball at his feet or at crosses. Letting in poor goals due to goalie mistakes deflates the team. We need a world class keeper!
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:57 pm

kazza » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:26 pm wrote:And another keeper! Not because our defence exposes him but because he does not look good with the ball at his feet or at crosses. Letting in poor goals due to goalie mistakes deflates the team. We need a world class keeper!

Agree with you 100%

What makes no sense to me is the fact Stoke want Assaidi, so why dont we offer him plus cash for Begovic ???  Makes perfect sense ffs
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:33 pm

Apparently Suso going on loan to Sevilla as a sweetener in the Moreno deal.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:19 pm

Bit disappointed in that if it's true.
I like Suso and think he could be a very good impact sub this season.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:06 pm

I think he more than showed in pre season with two well taken goals, how useful he could be to the team.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:15 pm

SSN have just shown Manquillo leaving Spire hospital this morning
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:27 pm

Rom our has it we have made an 18 mil bid for lavezzi..... Hope it's true he's a far getter player than bony!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby chriserfolg » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:37 pm

crazyhorse » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:27 pm wrote:Rom our has it we have made an 18 mil bid for lavezzi..... Hope it's true he's a far getter player than bony!

Ditto , class player .
chriserfolg
LFC Basic Member

Postby C-R » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:40 pm

the Lavezzi rumor has been going around for over a week now, not sure if theres anything truth in it and aged 29 goes against our policy

he is defo a class player, but not an out an out striker which is what we need... very badly
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:43 pm

if agger goes we need lavezzi in to keep the tattoo quotient up there. apparently under new FIFA rules square meterage of tattooage will count after goal difference in the 15/16 season. and he makes great coffee.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill