Luke young

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:00 pm

Young prefers the right side

Aston Villa defender Luke Young has conceded he is eager to return to his natural position of right-back.

Young, who signed for Villa from Middlesbrough in the summer, has operated at left-back in the club's three previous Premier League games.

The system has paid dividends with Martin O'Neill's side recording clean sheets against Arsenal, Manchester United and Fulham.

Young is content to fill in for the team but admits he does not see his long-term future in the role.

"It's a different thing for me to get my head around," he said in the Birmingham Mail.

"I'm getting on with it and I'm doing a job so if the manager wants to play me there I'll do my best.

"It's not my best position and at times on the pitch it becomes difficult when you're on the wrong side and I've got to try and manoeuvre my way out of trouble.

"I'm doing my best, I'm doing a job for the side and hopefully at some stage I might be able to get back on the right at some time.

"That's three games I've played there now, I feel like I've done okay but it's not really where I see my future."

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:03 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
Number 9 wrote:..........I would also bet my house,left arm and co'ck that half the idiots typing one line "Hes shi't,no way Roy"....could not pick the fella out of an identity parade,But I will never be able to prove that! :D

I know what he looks like ,  :laugh:

Confession time i think ive got a photo lying around somewhere with him in it and me at the Charlton Christmas Party a few years ago  :laugh: ill try an find it

Shameless dirty MILF!! :no

NAN THE WAG!!!!!!

:laugh:
Last edited by Number 9 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:14 pm

Number 9 wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:
Number 9 wrote:..........I would also bet my house,left arm and co'ck that half the idiots typing one line "Hes shi't,no way Roy"....could not pick the fella out of an identity parade,But I will never be able to prove that! :D

I know what he looks like ,  :laugh:

Confession time i think ive got a photo lying around somewhere with him in it and me at the Charlton Christmas Party a few years ago  :laugh: ill try an find it

Shameless dirty MILF!! :no

NAN THE WAG!!!!!!

:laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh: its true Barry , my lad coaching at Charlton =, Christmas party = invite for his mum= free ale . ive got one with Alan Curbishly and  :laugh:  :laugh: wait for it Scott Parker an all ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:38 pm

Moved to the rumour mill (maybe it'll stay there...)
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Honestly you'd think Young was absolutely clueless not an England International, or you'd think we'd won the league, the Champions League and the Super Cup last season rather than finished seventh and won feck all. All this "he's not good enough to play for us" stuff, what and Dossena was ??? Is he not a better right back that either Carrager or Masherano, and how many games did they play last season? Is he not better than Deggen?

Roy told Deggen to find another club (rightly so because he's rubbish) and he needs a better back up right back. He's found one, what's the big drama?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 8:53 pm

No big drama. We've got Martin Kelly as backup right back.
LFC2007

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:13 pm

The big drama is that he is 31 years old and will cost us nearly 3 million when we have two backups for right fullback and no left back..
Fauxy

Postby Number 9 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:17 pm

Fauxy wrote:The big drama is that he is 31 years old and will cost us nearly 3 million when we have two backups for right fullback and no left back..

which would lead me to think that although we dont know it we are probably all but sorted in that position.......wait and see! :)
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:54 pm

Wtf happened to Kelly I thought he was suppose to be the next big thing.  I remeber he played a fantastic game against Lyon.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:11 pm

he's better than previous full backs we've had at this club, Insua, Doss, Degan. I'd rather Auelio but he was injured far too often
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby PabloMedina28 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Would be gutted if this was true. We dont need him we have Kelly who is more then good enough 4 cover at right back. As 4 the left back slot id rather include Stanton  in a deal 4 Mascherano or use Masch money 2 get cissokho and buy Figueroa as back up. Even having Figueroa as fisrt choice and havin either carra wilson or Robinson is a betta bet 4 me. We need 2 rebuild and wasting what little money we have on a 31 year old who was past it afew years ago is not the way forward 4 me. Although if he does become a liverpool player i will give him my full support i just dont think its a good buy.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:20 pm

Yeah what happened to giving the kids a chance.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:34 pm

bavlondon wrote:Yeah what happened to giving the kids a chance.

Anno Roy's had two games in charge and so far he's only played about 14 kids. Fecking disgrace it is.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:36 pm

The point is if he comes in can you see Kelly getting much playing time? Otherwise it would be 3mil wasted smartarse.
Last edited by tubby on Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:43 pm

Not overly excited by the potential signing of Luke Young.  Not because I don't think he's a good player, it's simply the age issue.  I don't want us to spend 2-3 million on a 31 year old who isn't likely to be first choice.  We do have Kelly and even Darby as potential backup for Johnson.

As Barry says above, the left back situation must be all but sewn up already if we're also in for a right back, because the left side is obviously the more urgent.  I expect Figueroa or someone else to be announced in the next few days.

Perhaps Hodgson sees Young as experienced cover for both right and left back?  We do need to beef out the squad after all.  Lets see what happens.  I think there's a reasonable chance Young would turn us down anyway - his beef at Villa is not being first choice, and I don't see that changing if he comes here, which he probably realises himself.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill