Luke young

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:46 pm

nono im pretty open to freedom of expression, people can express themselves all they wish

Just doesnt change the fact that Luke Young is :censored: :D
Fauxy

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:47 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Fauxy wrote:I will say it :D

He is :censored:. Thats fact not opinion.

Ha ha, the irony.

This must be you...

erm... I see no irony there  ???
Fauxy

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:48 pm

Redman in wales wrote:I take it you've never called anyone who's ever played for liverpool shi.te then?

absolutley. Sean Dundee was sh!te and a whole list of others but the fact is ...

Luke Young has not kicked a ball for liverpool yet.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:52 pm

Lee J wrote:
Redman in wales wrote:I take it you've never called anyone who's ever played for liverpool shi.te then?

absolutley. Sean Dundee was sh!te and a whole list of others but the fact is ...

That's fair enough.

But just because he hasnt kicked a ball for us yet doesnt meen that we should all disregard the fact that he has been a pretty awful player in the prem.
Fauxy

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:52 pm

From Tonight's Echo
LIVERPOOL are poised to land Aston Villa full-back Luke Young.

Villa boss Martin O’Neill revealed last night that: “There has been an offer from a football club, which Luke is mulling over.”

And sources at Anfield confirmed today the Reds are in the hunt for the former England international.

Young has been left out of the Villa squad which flew to Portugal today for a pre-season tournament.

Usually a right-back, Young can also operate at left-back – a position Roy Hodgson is desperately short of options in following the departure of Fabio Aurelio and the possible sale of Emiliano Insua.

Young, however, publicly expressed his frustration at being deployed at left-back at Villa Park during an absence through injury of Wilfrid Bouma.

During the unveiling of new signings Joe Cole, Milan Jovanovic and Danny Wilson yesterday, manager Roy Hodgson said: “We’re still interested in some other players so I hope that this won't be the last of our signings.

“The aim of the board, chief executive Christian Purslow and everyone at the club is to try to make this squad as competitive as possible.

“If we can sign several more players to make the squad stronger then that will also help but we need to make the point that it's a new start and a new dawn for the club.”
Young is 31 and joined Villa from Middlesbrough in 2008. He has made over 50 appearances for the club during his two years in Midlands and has seven England caps to his name.

But while Young could arrive at Anfield, Emiliano Insua is in danger of pricing himself out of a move to Fiorentina.

Liverpool have agreed a £5m fee with the Serie A club, but the player’s wage demands mean the switch could fall through.

Fiorentina sporting director, Pantaleo Corvino, warned: “We have an agreement with the English club, but we have to find an understanding with the player in terms of wages.

“We cannot guarantee him the figures that he gets at Liverpool.”

Insua was back at Melwood yesterday along with compatriots Maxi Rodriguez and Javier Mascherano.

l Spanish side Real Sociedad are also ready to try and prise striker Dani Pacheco from the Reds.

Pacheco has shot to prominence while starring for his country in the UEFA Under-19 European Championships in France.

The 19-year-old netted his fourth goal yesterday in helping Spain defeat England 3-1 in their semi-final clash.

Sociedad chairman Jokin Aperribay said: “Certainly Real Socieded are interested in Pacheco

So lets see if I have got this right .....Liverpool have so far recruited two players on a free and one for 2 million possibly rising to 5.... oh and it seems we our now on the verge of signing" Luke used to be Young "at the ripe old age of 31 for close to 3 million that's four players under 8 million and now we get a quote from Mr Liverpool himself.... "The aim of the board, chief executive Christian Purslow and everyone at the club is to try to make this squad as competitive as possible, and If we can sign several more players   to make the squad stronger then that will also help but we need to make the point that it's a new start and a new dawn for the club.”  .....  and apparently no bargain bin is safe while Liverpool are at the sales ... Get your fucking hands in your pockets you penny pinching devious c unt and trust the Manager enough to give him the funds he needs
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:53 pm

Lee J wrote:

very true.

therefore right now - imo -  he is shi.te. (for aston villa) - Noweher have I said he will be shi.te for us, just in my observations, he's played poorly for villa, and cant even get into their starting 11, and as such is surplus to requirements.

----------------

but I am man enough to admit when i'm wrong, and I have to admit - I don't think he IS that shi.te. I just dont think he's that good.
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mart » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:56 pm

Lee J wrote:

I prefer to leave the :censored: players in villa where they are paying the bills, instead of paying Villa for the pleasure of having another :censored: player in our team.
mart
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:59 pm

Fauxy wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Ha ha, the irony.

This must be you...

Normally saying things like "That's a fact" when delivering a personal opinion is considered ironic.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fauxy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:03 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Fauxy wrote:
SouthCoastShankly wrote:

Ha ha, the irony.

This must be you...

Normally saying things like "That's a fact" when delivering a personal opinion is considered ironic.

But its not personal opinion.. its fact  ???

He's old, hes slow, couldnt make villa's first team, struggled at middlesbrough, hes :censored:.

All facts, no opinion.
Fauxy

Postby LFC2007 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:09 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Spanish side Real Sociedad are also ready to try and prise striker Dani Pacheco from the Reds.

:veryangry
LFC2007

Postby puroresu » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:16 pm

If young was going back to spurs or if arsenal were signing him as backup people would be laughing and wondering why they are signing such a player.  Just because he may sign for us it doesnt mean we should accept mediocrity.
puroresu

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:35 pm

bigmick wrote:I've met Luke Young a couple of times and he's a nice lad, knows his football too which isn't always a given. As for signing him, well predictably I'm not as dead set against it as most on here. Here's my take for what it's worth.

I think Young is being bought as RIGHT BACK COVER, as I don't think Roy thinks Darby is ready yet. Equally, we may at some point see Johnson wide right midfield, and if so we need a decent right back. Luke Young is a decent right back. Until the tragedy with his brother, he was in the England squad. He knows the game, knows his game and knows what it means to play for a club like Liverpool. he is a good player, and at 2.5 million is cheap.

Alan Hutton I must confess I think is rubbish. Spurs can't give him away, and while I'm not saying he is Dossena rubbish or anything like it, buying him for 8 mill as some have suggested would be an awful move in my view.

I think Roy is filling holes in the squad with sensible, solid, budget buys who he KNOWS can do a job for him if required. Blokes such as Luke Young, the much touted James Beattie etc aren't going to play every week, but if needed they will be far better than some Carlos Kickaball. I do think though that we will see a couple of big signings, and rather than spread the money around too thinly we are seeing the manager prioritise those, and save a bit of money on the also rans.

That's how I see it anyway.

We are all allowed opinions and mine was  Alan Hutton would be exactly what Liverpool need in a defensive sense ... and I have seen enough of him in a Spurs shirt to warrant this view ... seems to me  seriously a tad amiss that  posters who can advocate Johnson as a competent defender and then dismiss the claims of including  Hutton (because apparently he is rubbish) who is a lot more solid and reliable RB than what we currently have in our backline
anyway like I said this games all about opinions I mean if it wasn't you wouldn't get certain posters championing the claims of Luke Young who might very well be a nice fella ... I simply could not comment not having been fortunate  to actually meet the Guy ... but I have met Steve Nicol  lovely Guy sadly too old to play for Liverpool Fc ...........   ???
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:41 pm

nah i dont think we would need Luke Young. would prefer to see someone younger with more years left in him. would be nice to have a leftback version of Finnan though. Mr Reliable :)
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:43 pm

I can't say I'm overly thrilled with this rumour but we'll see.  If he's to be a back-up fullback it might provide needed cover, in the manner of the big Grok.  Experienced defenders are always an asset.  With that said, I gather we have some promising prospects in Kelly and Darby who might not get a look-in with Young in the squad.  I've not seen enough of these young lads myself but, as of now, I have faith in Roy to get the balance right and to find opportunities for the young lads to break through.  We'll have to wait and see.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:02 pm

LFC2007 wrote:1) Martin Kelly is our best defensive prospect since Steven Warnock and it's time for him to be an understudy to a first teamer. Carragher did it (albeit in different positions), Jonny Evans and Rafael have done it, and the latter two have been absolutely lauded by some on here. Kelly can be our equivalent.

2) Even if he - Young - might be decent general defensive cover, the squad has more pressing needs at both LB (a proper one), and up front. I'd sooner see the £2.75m - plus a spot on the wage bill - concentrated where it is needed most, instead of filling the squad with "options and possibilities", which we don't like, or do we?  :laugh:

Perfect^^^
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill