Luke young

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby bigmick » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:55 pm

Well if the stories about him being on 70K a week are true, it's surely a non starter. I can't see us paying any more than we are paying Deggen (38K per week apparently), and I can't see him taking such a big cut. Shame, but I don't think it will happen if the stories are true.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:02 pm

and then we'll hear him come out with the Villa > Liverpool sh!te :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:09 pm

bigmick wrote:Well if the stories about him being on 70K a week are true, it's surely a non starter. I can't see us paying any more than we are paying Deggen (38K per week apparently), and I can't see him taking such a big cut. Shame, but I don't think it will happen if the stories are true.

Exactly Mick.  If he's on 70k this is simply not going to happen.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:27 pm

bigmick wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Yeah what happened to giving the kids a chance.

Anno Roy's had two games in charge and so far he's only played about 14 kids. Fecking disgrace it is.

Who else was he gonna play the tea lady, seeing as there was no one else available, Or maybe just say nah im not into this friendly buissness ill swerve them and just wait for the proper players,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:01 am

NANNY RED wrote:Who else was he gonna play the tea lady

She's useless nan, totally devoid of pace.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:09 am

bigmick wrote:

can put a stronge challengein though for the best cuppa :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:24 am

Young's Liverpool move in doubt over Villa pay-off - Exclusive

Published 23:00 28/07/10 By James Nursey

Recommend

Luke Young

Luke Young has risked the wrath of Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill by stalling on a move to Liverpool as he wants a pay-off.

Liverpool have agreed a fee of £2.5million with Villa for the unsettled versatile defender, who earns currently around £40,000-a-week.

But Young is insisting on a 'golden goodbye' from Villa Park before leaving as he would have to take a drop in wages at Liverpool.

Right-back Young, 31, joined Villa in August 2008 from Middlesbrough on a bumper contract.

And his tough stance means his relationship with O'Neill is set to plummet to a new all-time low.

Young has been unhappy for months after being played left-back before losing his right-back berth to central defender Carlos Cuellar.

And O'Neill now needs to generate funds for transfers after being ordered to sell-to-buy this summer.

O'Neill has been told to cut the club's annual £70m wage bill before owner Randy Lerner sanctions any new additions.

And the Villa boss has warned Young he may not be included in their official 25-man Premier League squad if he rejects the chance to go.

"We will see how that develops," said O'Neill, who has omitted Young from Villa's squad for this weekend's Guadiana Cup in Portugal.

"He is having a think about it. If he chooses to go that's it, if he chooses to stay then he needs to start playing because with the new rules I have to name a 25-man squad for the Premier League."

[url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-transfer-news-Young-s-Anfield-move-in-doubt-over-Aston-Villa-pay-off-Exclusive-a
rticle539215.html]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news....15.html[/url]
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:26 am

bigmick wrote:

i always thought Degan made the tea  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:27 am

Ooooooo it gets better!!!!

Liverpool plot shock move for Aston Villa star - Exclusive

Published 23:00 28/07/10 By Alan Nixon

Recommend (1)

Stiliyan-Petrov-Aston-Villa cropped

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson wants Aston Villa midfield general Stiliyan Petrov as the shock replacement for transfer-seeking Javier Mascherano.

Hodgson admires the Bulgarian star's style and is ready to pay around £7 million for him as he looks to cash in on Argentinian Mascherano by selling him to Inter Milan coach Rafa Benitez.

The Kop are looking to land both Petrov and right back Luke Young in a surprise double raid as they try to bring in seasons professionals for a demanding campaign.

Petrov, 30, is one of the Premier League's most respect operators and a key man for Martin O'Neill who brought him to Villa from Celtic where he was also a legend.

The Bulgarian star is aware of the Liverpool interest and could be keen on a move to Anfield - although Villa are desperate to keep their squad together despite so many being wanted men.

Hodgson wants a proven midfield schemer to play an anchor role in the Liverpool side. He expects Mascherano to move on, which would leave just Brazilian Lucas Leiva for that position - with Xabi Alonso never properly replaced.

Petrov may not seem the most charismatic capture, but he is in the right mould for Hodgson who plans to put his own well-drilled imprint on the Anfield side this season and beyond.

[url=http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Liverpool-plot-shock-move-for-Aston-Villa-star-Stiliyan-Petrov-as-Javier-Mascherano-replac
ement-Exclusive-article539217.html]http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news....17.html[/url]
Last edited by Igor Zidane on Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:17 am

7 Mil for Petrov? There has got to be a younger option out there to fill that position. What happened to Ever Banega for 8Mil? I'd rather take Cattermole or Muamba over him.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:55 am

bavlondon wrote:7 Mil for Petrov? There has got to be a younger option out there to fill that position. What happened to Ever Banega for 8Mil? I'd rather take Cattermole or Muamba over him.

Banega imo is a one season wonder, but I agree with you and would rather cattermole or muamba than petrov
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:15 am

I have always liked petrov but £7 mil for him at 30 would be madness
puroresu

Postby Tim LFC » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:27 am

Petrov hmm 7 million is good if he was about 27 though not 30! Defour is better though and younger.
Tim LFC

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:31 am

here we go...    'petrov is Sh!te blah blah blah...'  :D

So the Luke Young saga looks like it might stumble ?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:52 am

It's funny this transfer window, I am genuinely moved to laugh out loud sometimes. Every single time the press mention someone, crowds of people jump on it saying "he is sh!t" "I don't fecking believe this" "this is the way the club is going" etc etc. Previously, someone could be practically on the cusp of being signed or sold, photographed at Melwood or quoted as saying "I actually wouldn't mind playing for Real Madrid" and it was all dismissed as pure "speck-you-lay-shun". Now, every press report whether it's confirmed or not is an excuse to launch three more darts at the poster of Roys head.

Not only that, but the players that are "sh!t" and "not fit to wear the shirt" are proven Premiership performers, experienced good players. The clubs which they play for in the majority of cases "what the feck do we want their players for" finished above us in the league last season.

Look. Stylian Petrov isn't "sh!t", he is a good player and a good pro. 30 isn't old for a guy who holds the midfield, Makeleli retired at 36 or something. We haven't actually signed him yet, we haven't even confirmed that we are interested in signing him, but if we do he would be a good player for us. Lucas played 194 times last season (or maybe it just seemed like it) and Petrov is in a different megasphere to him (that ought to be one up from stratosphere, it probably isn't but you get my drift).

Walking into the forum these days is a shocking experience sometimes. Everywhere you look there's people wailing in corners, kneeling, the backs of their hands pressed against their foreheads and tears tumbling down their faces as they headbut the wall in frustration. When you approach them and say "what's up mate" they look at you with despair in their eyes "Stylian Petrov. Have you heard? Stylian fecking Petrooooooovvvvvvvvv" and they're off again. You can't get any sense out of them.

It's only a week or two since we got them all up and got them to chant "we haven't signed james Beattie" 100 times. I blame it all on Benny the Noon. He forms all these support groups and then fecks off and doesn't chair the meetings anymore. I do my best, but with Oiks like that Everton lad, he's not really interested in my lectures on rotation bless him. There's me talking to him about the farce of Fratton Park or the Birmingham baloney, and all HE wants in reality is the Kalashnikov and high speed internet connection which Benny promised him. Allied to that, while we're having our meeting I've got people with fake goatees banging on the door looking for some other group he's formed.

The sooner Benny gets back the better.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill