Go get Flamini...
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tim LFC » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:21 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Go get Flamini...

Heard he has some attitude problems.
Tim LFC

Postby Rockthekop » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:17 pm

Skysports.com understands Fulham are leading the race to sign Aston Villa defender Luke Young.

Liverpool appeared to be favourites to land the versatile defender after agreeing a deal with Villa, but it understood the move has collapsed as the player does not want to move his family north.

The former Tottenham and Charlton man is believed to be holding out for a move back to the capital as he seeks a switch away from Villa.

Villa are ready to offload Young after he dropped well down the pecking order in Martin O'Neill's plans.

A number of clubs including Sunderland and Fulham are believed to have expressed an interest in the 31-year-old, but Fulham are favourites for his signature.

Fulham have held a long-term interest in Young and incoming boss Mark Hughes is believed to be ready to push through a deal for the former England international as he looks to bolster the squad at Craven Cottage.
Rockthekop

Postby steviec » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:59 pm

europian-kings wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:I really cant believe this im stunned,, Luke Young ffs. second choice at Villa, hes a right back ,what the feckin problem is wrong with Kelly and Derby, 2.5 MILLION for a 31 year old second rate defender, in a position that we have more than ample cover for, we need a top class left back and were wasting money which we dont have on a player like young
Im absolutly stunned by this

haha you won't like my comment above then Nanny  :D
I better go hide  :blush:  :nod

Also trying for Wayne Bridge. Jeez is that the best he can do! hes is feckin' USELESS, always was, and always will be. Man city reject - no thanks, we wanna be above them this year, not below 'em. so No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No, not worthy of the shirt
Save money on expensive binoculars by standing closer to the object you are trying to observe
steviec

Postby Dundalk » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:18 pm

Luke Young's proposed transfer to Liverpool collapsed today, leaving the full-back facing an uncertain future at Aston Villa. Liverpool had agreed a £2.5m fee with Villa on Tuesday for the former England international but there were suggestions that Young was unable to agree personal terms at Anfield as well as being reluctant to relocate to the north.

The news will come as a disappointment to Liverpool and Villa. Roy Hodgson, the Liverpool manager, was keen to bring in the experienced defender to improve his options at full-back and also increase his quota of home-grown players, while Villa were eager to move on one of their higher earners as they look to reduce their £70m annual wage bill. Young was earning more than £2m a year at Villa and has three years remaining on his contract, with further signing-on fees due over the course of that period.

Liverpool had initially indicated Young would have to lower his demands, which have deterred interest from other clubs this summer, although when Martin O'Neill, the Villa manager, reported earlier in the week that a bid had been accepted it began to look like a deal might go through. That is no longer the case, leaving Young to continue his pre-season training in Portugal with Villa and O'Neill cursing a missed opportunity to free up some money.

The Villa manager has been told he will have to operate within the constraints of a "sell-to-buy" policy this summer, accentuating the need to move on a number of players on the periphery. At the moment, however, Steve Sidwell, Nigel-Reo-Coker, Habib Beye, Curtis Davies, Nicky Shorey and Young all remain Villa players. There has also been no progress with James Milner's situation despite ongoing negotiations between Manchester City and Villa
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:28 am

steviec wrote:
europian-kings wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:I really cant believe this im stunned,, Luke Young ffs. second choice at Villa, hes a right back ,what the feckin problem is wrong with Kelly and Derby, 2.5 MILLION for a 31 year old second rate defender, in a position that we have more than ample cover for, we need a top class left back and were wasting money which we dont have on a player like young
Im absolutly stunned by this

haha you won't like my comment above then Nanny  :D
I better go hide  :blush:  :nod

Also trying for Wayne Bridge. Jeez is that the best he can do! hes is feckin' USELESS, always was, and always will be. Man city reject - no thanks, we wanna be above them this year, not below 'em. so No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No, not worthy of the shirt

and there it is, since 2004 no less.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:29 am

Dundalk wrote:Luke Young's proposed transfer to Liverpool collapsed today, leaving the full-back facing an uncertain future at Aston Villa. Liverpool had agreed a £2.5m fee with Villa on Tuesday for the former England international but there were suggestions that Young was unable to agree personal terms at Anfield as well as being reluctant to relocate to the north.

bollo5ks, he logged on here an read nanny's posts.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:59 am

I think we'll be signing Young in the next couple of days... Apparently agreed terms with the club already.... Not a bad deal imo.. Solid defender and exactly the sort of backup we need..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tim LFC » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:15 am

aCe' wrote:I think we'll be signing Young in the next couple of days... Apparently agreed terms with the club already.... Not a bad deal imo.. Solid defender and exactly the sort of backup we need..

Not happening. He wants to go Fulham, he doesn't want to take his family up north. He also wanted a bigger wage.
Tim LFC

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:05 am

Hopefully it WON'T happen...  :D

2 million a year is 40k a week though... so it's not 70k a week...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:08 am

fk him then.

Well done son you just turned down the biggest chance of whats left of your time as a footballer. Jog on.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:26 am

neil wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Luke Young's proposed transfer to Liverpool collapsed today, leaving the full-back facing an uncertain future at Aston Villa. Liverpool had agreed a £2.5m fee with Villa on Tuesday for the former England international but there were suggestions that Young was unable to agree personal terms at Anfield as well as being reluctant to relocate to the north.

bollo5ks, he logged on here an read nanny's posts.

I hope he fuc.kin did because i dont want him here :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:27 am

NANNY RED wrote:I hope he fuc.kin did because i dont want him here :laugh:

Me neither what a load of sh!te  :no
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:42 pm

morcambe and wise have spoken.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:52 pm

Why oh why would we want or need Luke Young ?! - He is a right back and we need a left back - people have been complaining about playing people out of position and here they agreeing with buying another right back who occassionally fills in at left back ?! and spending nearly 3 million on him as well -Young is a decent enough player who cant play at right back for Villa because they have a cb playing there ?

Kelly is a better player than him already .
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill