Looks like weve got brazilian fabio aurelio - Lb from valencia

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed May 10, 2006 4:42 pm

Alonso14 wrote:As for Djimi, I think he’s got to go before Warnock, just afraid he might not because of his apparent ability to play in centre back.

I don't think that'll be an issue assuming the Paletta deal is done and dusted. With him and Agger in the squad, plus Hobbs as a young understudy, I think the centre of defence is more than covered. Obviously we've got the option of bringing Whitbread back as well.
ivor_the_injun

Postby metalhead » Wed May 10, 2006 4:50 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:This could well be a stunning bit of business. Left back has often been a worry when Riise's not been there, and having two genuinely excellent options there will be a real boost to the squad.

From the sound of it, Aurelio also poses a major attacking threat, and with him, Riise, Kewell and Gonzalez at our disposal, the left suddenly looks very formidable.

I don't know where this leaves Warnock, but I certainly hope it means the end of the road for Traore.

Agreed on aurelio's attacking threat.

When i watch Brazilian full backs play, they like to go forward most of the time and assist in the goals. I've also seen that aurelio is a good crosser of the ball and has a decent speed (faster than riise) so he can be a threat. He just needs to work on his strength and agression to win the ball in 50-50 situation and i'm sure he will recieve alot of tips from the gaffer.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed May 10, 2006 5:27 pm

Lets hope the guy can actually defend, an attribute that doesn’t often go hand in hand with Brazilians!

If he does come in then it should mean good bye to Troare and Warnock. Troare is appalling, and although Warnock is O.K, people are going over the top on how well he has done because of the fact he is a local boy and has done really well to come back from a couple of broken legs. I personally would like to see him go out on loan to a Premiership club were he is guaranteed 38 league starts, he has some very desirable attributes as a left back but is often naïve in his play, this may be down to inexperience, so I would like to see him go out on loan to see if he improves, though I think he will leave permanently.

Hope the rumours of Kromkamp leaving aren’t true because as a two, he have the best right back situation in the country. The squad shape at the back is looking good:

Reina
                           Dudek (I would keep him, but if he leaves we will need an experienced back up)
                           Martin (Carson should go out on loan so he will take 3rd spot)

Finnan        Carragher     Hyypia      Aurelio
Kromkamp     Agger         Paleta        Riise

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ALONSO » Wed May 10, 2006 6:00 pm

AGREED THAT LOOKS LIKE A SOLID DEFENCE. IS PALETTA PACY AND GOOD IN THE AIR? WE SOMETIMES ARE VULNERABLE AT CORNERS AND HIGH CROSSES I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS ADRESSED THEN I BELIEVE OUR DEFENCE WILL ATLEAST BE AS GOOD AS ANY OTHERS IN THE PREMIERSHIP AND POSSIBLY EUROPE.
ALONSO

Postby Bad Bob » Wed May 10, 2006 6:30 pm

ALONSO wrote:AGREED THAT LOOKS LIKE A SOLID DEFENCE. IS PALETTA PACY AND GOOD IN THE AIR? WE SOMETIMES ARE VULNERABLE AT CORNERS AND HIGH CROSSES I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS ADRESSED THEN I BELIEVE OUR DEFENCE WILL ATLEAST BE AS GOOD AS ANY OTHERS IN THE PREMIERSHIP AND POSSIBLY EUROPE.

No need to shout, mate, we can hear you just fine!  :D

I'll add my voice to the chorus...this a good bit of business if it pans out and gives us more options, including the wingback formation that we used with great effect at Newcastle.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby iqbalharoon213 » Wed May 10, 2006 6:59 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Lets hope the guy can actually defend, an attribute that doesn’t often go hand in hand with Brazilians!

If he does come in then it should mean good bye to Troare and Warnock. Troare is appalling, and although Warnock is O.K, people are going over the top on how well he has done because of the fact he is a local boy and has done really well to come back from a couple of broken legs. I personally would like to see him go out on loan to a Premiership club were he is guaranteed 38 league starts, he has some very desirable attributes as a left back but is often naïve in his play, this may be down to inexperience, so I would like to see him go out on loan to see if he improves, though I think he will leave permanently.

Hope the rumours of Kromkamp leaving aren’t true because as a two, he have the best right back situation in the country. The squad shape at the back is looking good:

Reina
                           Dudek (I would keep him, but if he leaves we will need an experienced back up)
                           Martin (Carson should go out on loan so he will take 3rd spot)

Finnan        Carragher     Hyypia      Aurelio
Kromkamp     Agger         Paleta        Riise

that sure does look like a sold defence with backup, but i feel we cannot let warnock go as he very good prospect for the furute.
iqbalharoon213

Postby red37 » Wed May 10, 2006 7:01 pm

hobbs and antwi will have good tutors..

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby metalhead » Wed May 10, 2006 8:53 pm

ALONSO wrote:AGREED THAT LOOKS LIKE A SOLID DEFENCE. IS PALETTA PACY AND GOOD IN THE AIR? WE SOMETIMES ARE VULNERABLE AT CORNERS AND HIGH CROSSES I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THIS ADRESSED THEN I BELIEVE OUR DEFENCE WILL ATLEAST BE AS GOOD AS ANY OTHERS IN THE PREMIERSHIP AND POSSIBLY EUROPE.

Although this is an Aurelio topic, i would like to answer on your question about palleta. He is very good in the air because he is big and buff. He has pace, maybe the same speed as garcia. The way he look is scary!! honestly  :D

I watched one of palleta under 21 game in the national side and he is a premiership type of player. Very agressive, likes to tackle(he tends to do some clumsy tackle, but because of his inexperience) but he should work on his marking a bit because he loses concentration during set pieces etc...
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:27 pm

What’s happening with this move? It seemed as though it was just formalities left. He is on a free transfer and reports were very strong that we were interested in him. Maybe he is on holiday and will sort out the details when he gets back. And if he does arrive will that mean a swift end for Troare and Warnock?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:58 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:What’s happening with this move? It seemed as though it was just formalities left. He is on a free transfer and reports were very strong that we were interested in him. Maybe he is on holiday and will sort out the details when he gets back. And if he does arrive will that mean a swift end for Troare and Warnock?

or hopefull Riise
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Sparky » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:14 pm

why do you want riise to go fool, he is one of our most consistant performers!!
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:49 pm

Consistant at what? Giving the ball away.  Watch him mate he is rubbish.

He is defo the worst player weve got.  All you southern monkeys think hes quality cause hes got a good shot.  He cant defend and he cant cross a ball either.   Useless in my book.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby JBG » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:59 pm

Monkeys. :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:43 pm

What nonsense you boys talk. Riise is a class act and one of our most consistent players. I think Rafa giving him a new deal last year proves he is part of the plans.

Now who do I believe/trust......Rafa or some clearly thick fans who want rid of one of best players?!?!? Hmmmm Rafa maybe. ???

Riise is class and has the desire/heart to play for LFC - FACT.

:;):
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby anti-hero » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:04 am

murphy0151 wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:What’s happening with this move? It seemed as though it was just formalities left. He is on a free transfer and reports were very strong that we were interested in him. Maybe he is on holiday and will sort out the details when he gets back. And if he does arrive will that mean a swift end for Troare and Warnock?

or hopefull Riise

:O

I dont know whether to laugh or call you an idiot.

Consistant at what? Giving the ball away.  Watch him mate he is rubbish.

He is defo the worst player weve got.  All you southern monkeys think hes quality cause hes got a good shot.  He cant defend and he cant cross a ball either.   Useless in my book.

Maybe both.

"HAHA.. 

..IDIOT."

Forget this, I dont even want to discuss this with you since you have absoulutely no fucking clue.

Who would you rather have then?

Fucking Roberto Carlos?
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill