Looks like weve got brazilian fabio aurelio - Lb from valencia

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:44 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Has he got spanish citizenship ?

From the clips i have seen he looks like a very decent player and with Riise there we will be in good shape next season if this deal is completed.

No, but he is half-italian or something. But I can definately say he doesn't need a work permit.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:21 am

In my opinion, we have good defence that defend very well. But, what we do not have is a defender that scores goals (of course you don't expect a defender is your top scorer, but more regularly). I think he'll bring new flavours to the team. Hope it's true. He make his presence well in the attack.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:23 am

In my opinion, we have good defence that defend very well. But, what we do not have is a defender that scores goals (of course you don't expect a defender is your top scorer, but more regularly). I think he'll bring new flavours to the team. Hope it's true. He make his presence well in the attack.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:23 am

Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:32 am

Selling Traore would feel like winning the Pools!!!!!  :D

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:33 am

Bleedin' double post!!!! "Ikon board error!!!!!"  :no

:D
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alanay » Wed Mar 15, 2006 3:42 am

Mr. Moderator, I'm so sorry for the triple post (didn't mean to post the same thing over and over again). Hit the ikon board error, twice already.
Alanay
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:34 am

Fark him. Get Vincente and Aimar instead
tel

Postby tubby » Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:56 pm

IF Rafael Benitez is preparing to leave Liverpool, he is going about it in a strange way.

Last week, amid interest in his services from Inter Milan and Real Madrid, the Spaniard cited deals that he had set up for two young South Americans as evidence of his long-term commitment to Anfield. And now he can point to a third, with Fabio Aurelio, the Brazilian defender, scheduled to arrive on a free transfer from Valencia.

Liverpool have all but finalised a pre-contract agreement with Aurelio, who will move to Anfield after his deal with Valencia expires on June 30. He is said to be delighted by the prospect of being reunited with Benitez, under whom he spent three seasons at the Spanish club.

The 26-year-old left back is expected to challenge John Arne Riise for a first-team place, raising doubts about the futures of Djimi Traore and Stephen Warnock, even though Traore signed a new four-year contract last summer.

Aurelio, who has been watched by Manchester United this season, will become Liverpool's third signing for next season, with more to follow once Benitez learns how much money he will have available to bring in a right winger and a centre forward.

The manager is known to be concerned about the club's financial position but, by setting up deals to sign Mark Gonzalez, the Chile winger, and Gabriel Paletta, the young Argentinian defender, as well as Aurelio, he has made statements of serious intent.

The line whispered from within the boardroom is that the club share the manager's ambitions. © The Times, London
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:05 pm

Olympiakos are ready to rival Liverpool for the services of Fabio Aurelio in the summer.

The Valencia defender is a free agent and is expected to receive a number of offers as clubs take advantage of his Bosman status.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is a long-term admirer of the Brazilian, who arrived from Sao Paulo in 2000, a year before the Spaniard took over as coach at La Mestalla.

Greek sources claim the Merseysiders are ready to offer around €2 million (£1.38 million) per year to the 26-year-old, who twice won La Liga with Valencia and also the Uefa Cup.

Olympiakos have been alerted by the fact that the South American now holds an EC passport, although Barcelona and Real Madrid are also reportedly waiting in the wings.

Benitez has made a habit of raiding La Liga for fresh blood and knows Aurelio's abilities well
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:05 pm

:blush:  double post

i got a weird ikonboard error thingy  :D
Last edited by adamnbarrett on Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:18 pm

Anyone know if the free kick clip I posted on the first page is typical of the guy?

We've not exactly been deadly from dead balls 25 yards out of late, and I just wonder if this guy is a tailor made solution to that kind of situation?
ivor_the_injun

Postby Aaron » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:38 am

I think Warnock, Traore and Kewell will be leaving in the summer.

Warnock and traore yes but kewell no f****n way. Playing excellent this season. Starting to show form he had at leeds :D
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby metalhead » Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:23 pm

Liverpool have reportedly won the race to sign Brazilian defender Fabio Aurelio.

According to newspaper reports, the Reds have seen off competition from Manchester United and Olympiakos to sign the 26-year-old Valencia left-back, who is available on a free transfer after failing to agree a new deal with the Spanish club.

The defender will be offered a four-year deal worth £25,000 a week and would become the first Brazilian to sign for Liverpool.

Aurelio played under Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez for three seasons at Valencia, winning two La Liga titles and the UEFA Cup, and is expected to challenge John Arne Riise for a first-team place at Anfield.

The move could see Djimi Traore and Stephen Warnock heading for the exit door as Benitez looks to freshen up his squad in the summer.

If Aurelio agrees terms, he would become Liverpool's third signing for next season, with winger Mark Gonzalez and defender Gabriel Paletta having previously confirmed summer switches.
--------------

im just backing bavlondon's post, sorry i took this from a forum so the i don't where the guy in the forum got it from! anyways we got him  :nod
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby onizukaeikichi » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:08 am

did someone mention selling cisse and warnock when we get this guy? screw him dude, kewell is getting to his best and it will be nuts to let him go now
onizukaeikichi

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill