Looks like weve got brazilian fabio aurelio - Lb from valencia

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:06 pm

Reports in Spain suggest that Liverpool have agreed a three-year deal with Valencia defender Fabio Aurelio.

The Brazilian is available on a Bosman free transfer and has also been pursued by Greek side Olympiakos, however reports indicate that The Reds have won the race for his signature.

Aurelio won both La Liga and the Uefa Cup under Rafa Benitez's stewardship at La Mestalla, and it appears as though their productive partnership is likely to be renewed at Anfield come the summer.

Although no official confirmation is yet forthcoming, Spanish radio reports that Liverpool's offer of €2 million (£1.38 million) per season eclipsed both Olympiakos and Valencia's approaches.

The left back would provide strong competition for John Arne Riise, Stephen Warnock and Djimi Traore at Anfield should he confirm his move to The Premiership, with the South American also able to perform in midfield.

He has previously attracted admiring glances from Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United, but could now be poised to become the latest Primera Liga star to join the Rafa Benitez revolution at Anfield
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:13 am

From SSN:

Fabio Aurelio's agent has confirmed to skysports.com that Liverpool are in talks to complete the signing of the Brazilian full back.

The 26-year-old is out of contract at La Mestalla this summer and Valencia have, thus far, failed to persuade him to sign a new deal.

"In this moment, we have presented an offer to player and, until now, we have not had a response," said Valencia's sporting director Javier Subirats.

Liverpool have taken advantage of Aurelio's Bosman status and opened talks, and a deal now looks imminent.

Speaking exclusively to skysports.com, agent Juan Figger has revealed talks are ongoing - but denied a deal was already in place, as some Spanish sources suggested on Tuesday.

"The contacts are open with Liverpool and things are going well, but still the operation is not closed," confirmed Figger.

Aurelio added that his future is in the hands of his representative, saying: "This subject is with my agent, he knows everything."

Aurelio's capture would be a major coup for Liverpool and would bolster their left sided-options - with the South American able to play comfortably in defence and midfield.

Rafa Benitez knows Aurelio well from his time at Valencia and obviously feels that he is a player who can add some extra quality to his squad.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gato_busta » Fri Mar 24, 2006 7:48 pm

I found this on the Mirror. Says that a 3 year deal has been agreed with Fabio Aurelio.

23 March 2006
RAFA SEALS A FAB DEAL
By Darren Lewis
LIVERPOOL have agreed a move to sign Valencia full-back Fabio Aurelio.

The 26-year-old, who is out of contract in the summer and will join on a Bosman free transfer, has said yes to a three-year deal worth £5million.

His Anfield move will see him reunited with former boss Rafa Benitez, with whom he lifted the Spanish title and UEFA Cup.

The Brazilian, who was also being chased by Greek side Olympiakos and attracted interest from Real Madrid, will bolster Liverpool's left-sided options considerably.

Aurelio can play in midfield as well as defence and will compete for a place with both John Arne Riise and Stephen Warnock down the left at Anfield.

Benitez knows Aurelio well from his Valencia days and obviously feels he can add quality to the squad.

Does anyone know if this is real? Not from the UK so I don't really know if the mirror is reliable or not.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:44 pm

The guy looks a cracking little player. What a coup it'll be if we do get him on a free.

You'd have to check Rafa's head if he gets rid of Warnock ahead of Traore to accommodate him though.

The Mirror's a tabloid over here. They're a bunch of w*nkers, to be honest, and aren't afraid to jump the gun on a story.
ivor_the_injun

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:34 pm

Italian media reports have today claimed that Fiorentina have made a late move for Valencia wing-back Fabio Aurelio.

The Brazilian is out of contract and will leave Valencia at the end of this season. Liverpool were seen as favourites for Aurelio and the player was in advanced talks with LFC officials last month. However, it is claimed that negotiations have cooled, allowing Fiorentina director general Pantaleo Corvino to make a move for the defender.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:32 pm

:bump  for bermenstein
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu May 04, 2006 7:21 pm

from SSN

Villarreal are leading the chase for Valencia star Fabio Aurelio, although Liverpool and Real Madrid are still in the hunt for his signature.

The Brazilian will become a free agent in the summer when his contract at the Mestalla expires.

The Che have tried hard to persuade him to sign a new deal, but negotiations have broken down over the player's demands.

Liverpool have long been monitoring the situation with former boss Rafa Benitez a keen admirer of Aurelio's ability.

The Reds are still looking to sign the 26-year-old but now face stiff competition from Villarreal who are looking to strengthen considerably ahead of next term.

The UEFA Champions League semi-finalists may not have European football to offer next term, but are hoping to build on their exploits of this season by attracting a raft of big names.

Given his status as a free transfer, Villarreal would be able to push the boat out on Aurelio's wages and the possibility of a short trip down the Costa Blanca to join Valencia's near neighbours could well appeal to Aurelio.

However, Real Madrid have asked his agent Juan Figger to hold off before making any definitive decision as they could yet decide to move for him.

With presidential elections on the horizon and a coach change imminent, Real do not want to commit themselves to the transfer yet, but could well be on the look-out for a new left back.

Roberto Carlos' future at the club is far from assured; Real are keeping tabs on possible replacements with Ashley Cole, Lyon's Eric Abidal and Aurelio all under consideration

-------------------------

I still think he will sign for us, Villarreal have no European football to offer and Aurelio has worked under Rafa before. As for Madrid, they like us have european cup football, but I think they are not what they used to be. I think having Rafa will edge it.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby scouse cockny » Thu May 04, 2006 9:46 pm

id be chuffed to be bits if we pull it off
scouse cockny

Postby red37 » Wed May 10, 2006 2:07 pm

Madrid-Based Marca have confirmed that Liverpool have sewn up the deal to bring in Left Full-back Fabio Aurelio from Valencia on a Free Transfer.

Although this is old news, its worthwhile noting that some sources still had Villareal or even Real Madrid as contenders for his signature.

He should be vying for a place in the left-back slot with John Arne Riise and Stephen Warnock.

Here is the original story in today's paper (for those who speak Spanish). come on sabre lad!

EL BRASILEÑO YA HA EMPEZADO A DAR CLASES DE INGLÉS

Fabio Aurelio jugará las próximas cuatro temporadas en el Liverpool

P. Gª Cuervo

El jugador del Valencia ya tiene claro su futuro: el Liverpool de Rafa Benítez. El brasileño era uno de los hombres más cotizados del conjunto valencianista y eran varios los equipos que querían hacerse con sus servicios, entre ellos el Real Madrid, el Villarreal y el Manchester United.

El expreso interés de Rafa Benítez por hacerse con el jugador valencianista ha primado más que cualquier otra oferta que pudiera recibir Fabio Aurelio, que ha preferido volver a estar bajo las órdenes del técnico español en Liverpool, con el que coincidió en Valencia durante tres temporadas. El jugador llega libre y ya ha empezado su formación para adaptarse a la Premier. De hecho ya lleva dos semanas dando clases de inglés.

this is great news if true  ???

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby GLB1 » Wed May 10, 2006 2:53 pm

http://liverpoolfc.co.za/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/1126051643/m/8061004622
GLB1

Postby 2520years » Wed May 10, 2006 2:54 pm

Is this the end of Warnock?  It certainly isn't good news for him.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby stmichael » Wed May 10, 2006 2:55 pm

the first brazilian to play for liverpool

it'll be interesting to see if he's first choice left back next season. with riise as backup i can't really see a future for stephen warnock, even though he's not really let anybody down this season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby pur3 rav3r » Wed May 10, 2006 4:33 pm

i hope he comes i want to c more of wat he can do
R.I.P to the 96 that lost there lives on 15th of april 1989
"YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE"
pur3 rav3r
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Alonso14 » Wed May 10, 2006 4:33 pm

I guess Benitez, is trying to make this a title winning team. He doesn’t want players who are good enough, he wants players who are excellent.

I do personally like Warnock, especially because of what he has gone through to make it into a red shirt (two broken legs) but if we want to win thing we got to have excellent players everywhere you look at on the field.  No weak links.

Although I would like him to stay for another season, perhaps it won’t be in anyone’s benefit, I’m sure he would like to be playing first team football, and he is definitely good enough for most premiership teams.

As for Djimi, I think he’s got to go before Warnock, just afraid he might not because of his apparent ability to play in centre back.
Last edited by Alonso14 on Wed May 10, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alonso14
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed May 10, 2006 4:39 pm

This could well be a stunning bit of business. Left back has often been a worry when Riise's not been there, and having two genuinely excellent options there will be a real boost to the squad.

From the sound of it, Aurelio also poses a major attacking threat, and with him, Riise, Kewell and Gonzalez at our disposal, the left suddenly looks very formidable.

I don't know where this leaves Warnock, but I certainly hope it means the end of the road for Traore.
ivor_the_injun

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill