Looks like weve got brazilian fabio aurelio - Lb from valencia

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby murphy0151 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:19 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
metalhead wrote:he is a really great left back and that means the end of traore! Riise will have tough competition because he can fit in the english premier league.

but i will wait for the liverpool official site to announce it

Hopefully we will give Riise away to some championship team.

Cause he is poo pie

Joke?

Nope no joke,

I dont rate Riise at all.  He cant pass, he cant cross, watch him he just hits it long to no one 9 times out of 10.

Maybe a little bit harsh when i say give him away.  After all we could get a couple off million for the ginger ninja.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Gareth G » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:29 pm

I know what you mean about whacking it long, but I still think he's a half decent player, probably a bit better in midfield from a goal scoring perspective.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby H_K_LFC » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:30 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
KOP-1892 wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:
metalhead wrote:he is a really great left back and that means the end of traore! Riise will have tough competition because he can fit in the english premier league.

Cause he is poo pie

Joke?

Nope no joke,

I dont rate Riise at all.  He cant pass, he cant cross, watch him he just hits it long to no one 9 times out of 10.

Maybe a little bit harsh when i say give him away.  After all we could get a couple off million for the ginger ninja.

Completely wrong about there riise,he's a solid versatile player who rarely makes mistakes and he could get into any premiership side.

The new guy sounds good but what happens to Warnock if he comes??
H_K_LFC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Morth » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:18 pm

Personally, I don't rate Warnock at all.  I find his positioning is lacking, his actual tackling and defensive work is not good enough.  Sure the lad has some crosses and passes in him, but his main job description is being a left defender, then a wing back.  I'm sure since he's English we'll be able to ship him off to another Prem club for £2-3m.  So all in all, we improve our defense and free up a few mill in doing so.
Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?
I'm half way through my FISH burger and I realize, Oh my God...
I could be eating a slow learner!

http://www.kopites.net  -  Regularly updated LFC clips and pictures.
Morth

Postby tubby » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:43 pm

murphy0151 wrote:
KOP-1892 wrote:
murphy0151 wrote:

Cause he is poo pie

Joke?

Nope no joke,

You are a complete muppet indeed. It was probabaly the absence of Riise's running and crosses which was the difference in our pewrformance on Wedsnday. When he plays he gives us a lot of pace down the wing. Hes not the best left back but hes a better LM than Kewell plus hes got a rifle of a left foot. There is no way Rafa is even thinking of getting rid of him. If anyone is going to go it is Traore.
Last edited by tubby on Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:28 am

murphy0151 wrote:I dont rate Riise at all.  He cant pass, he cant cross, watch him he just hits it long to no one 9 times out of 10.

:O

:sleepy:

:p

:wwww
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby badradio » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:17 am

Fabio Aurélio is indeed a very good player. He's more of a wing back, since he can do all the left side.
badradio

Postby Fernando Morientes > 19 < » Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:13 am

Is there any confirmation that we've actually signed him ? or is that just another rumour ?
"He is the player that Liverpool have been looking for." - Ian Rush
Fernando Morientes > 19 <
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:32 pm

Fernando Morientes > 19 < wrote:Is there any confirmation that we've actually signed him ? or is that just another rumour ?

All rumours at the moment fella  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Sun Mar 12, 2006 3:01 pm

if we haven't signed him yet we need to watch chelski out bidding us as they are short of a left back

surely they could have traore for 10/11 mill :D
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:59 pm

Brazilian star is Anfield target Mar 14 2006

EXCLUSIVE by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

LIVERPOOL are planning a summer swoop for Valencia left-back Fabio Aurelio.

The Brazilian international is available on a Bosman transfer and Reds boss Rafa Benitez is keen on discussing a move with his former player.

Aurelio is free to sign a pre-contract agreement with any club. He would be the first Brazilian to sign at Anfield.

The 26-year-old was part of the Valencia squad which won two La Liga titles and a UEFA Cup under Benitez.

Benitez's interest in Aurelio underlines his ongoing commitment to strengthening Liverpool's playing staff ahead of next season.

The attacking defender, who is a set-piece expert, is likely to become the third recruit of the coming close season, with Chilean winger Mark Gonzales and Argentinian defender Gabriel Paletta already signed.

Last month wing-back Aurelio said he could not be certain that he would still be playing his football at the Mestalla next season, after contract negotiations failed to progress.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv....ge.html
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:03 pm

Has he got spanish citizenship ?

From the clips i have seen he looks like a very decent player and with Riise there we will be in good shape next season if this deal is completed.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Flashard » Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:22 pm

Looked at some of the videos, looks impressive if true and like most of the above comments get rid of troare he is pants. I'd play him Lw with Riise as left back. Would give us strength down left but we would need a pacey Centre back. Step forward Agger. Problem solved.???
Flashard

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:19 pm

On a free transfer I don't think we can let this opportunity go. The fact he has played for Benitez is the single biggest factor in any potential approach we make for him. He has seen Rafa (first hand) take Valencia to the La Liga title and the Uefa cup. He has then watched Rafa take LFC to Champs of Europe. Nuff said.

If he did sign then he would be an automatic 1st choice in my eyes. I think Warnock, Traore and Kewell will be leaving in the summer. That will leave Aurelio, Risse and Gonzales as our options on the left.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby EddieC » Tue Mar 14, 2006 5:32 pm

Seems like he'd be a good signing, would give option to play Riise LM sometimes too, if he comes surely Traore must finally be on his way out? Warnock may be good enough but not yet, maybe a season on loan with someone like Reading or Sheff UTD if they make it up.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill