:laugh:  :D
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:02 pm

rumor says now it's all about the money

Reds told to up winger bid   
Sun, Jul 23 2006 12:48

Liverpool have been told they will have to increase their bid of £3.5million if they are to land Birmingham winger Jermaine Pennant. 
The Reds have long been linked with a move for the winger and Blues boss Steve Bruce says his club turned down a bid of £3.5million a few weeks ago.
The news come hot on the heels of a denial by Anfield chief executive Rick Parry who, only yesterday, said no bid had gone in for the former Arsenal star.

Bruce insists a bid has been made but has warned Liverpool the player will be going nowhere on the cheap.

"There was a bid of £3.5million which was turned down two or three weeks ago," Bruce revealed. "We paid near enough £3million for him and we owe Arsenal 25 per cent of any sell-on so we're certainly not going to be selling him for £3.5million, that's for sure.

"We all know every footballer has got his price, but, at the moment, Liverpool's bid has not been accepted. Until they meet our valuation, he's not going anywhere and I'm sure they'll move on."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:43 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:rumor says now it's all about the money

Reds told to up winger bid   
Sun, Jul 23 2006 12:48

Liverpool have been told they will have to increase their bid of £3.5million if they are to land Birmingham winger Jermaine Pennant. 
The Reds have long been linked with a move for the winger and Blues boss Steve Bruce says his club turned down a bid of £3.5million a few weeks ago.
The news come hot on the heels of a denial by Anfield chief executive Rick Parry who, only yesterday, said no bid had gone in for the former Arsenal star.

Bruce insists a bid has been made but has warned Liverpool the player will be going nowhere on the cheap.

"There was a bid of £3.5million which was turned down two or three weeks ago," Bruce revealed. "We paid near enough £3million for him and we owe Arsenal 25 per cent of any sell-on so we're certainly not going to be selling him for £3.5million, that's for sure.

"We all know every footballer has got his price, but, at the moment, Liverpool's bid has not been accepted. Until they meet our valuation, he's not going anywhere and I'm sure they'll move on."

It's always about the money with us at the moment  :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lilopajo » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:57 pm

its not just about the money,,the bloke is not as good as people think.a case of jp looks good in a poor team just like harry kewell..
lilopajo

Postby Paul C » Sun Jul 23, 2006 5:38 pm

lilopajo wrote:its not just about the money,,the bloke is not as good as people think.a case of jp looks good in a poor team just like harry kewell..

Personally I think he would be good enough but but I wouldn't pay more than the £6/7m thats being banded about.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:02 am

Pay more than the £6m-£7m being asked!! Although I rate Pennant we can't be paying £7m for him!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby adamnbarrett » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:20 am

Paul C wrote:
lilopajo wrote:its not just about the money,,the bloke is not as good as people think.a case of jp looks good in a poor team just like harry kewell..

Personally I think he would be good enough but but I wouldn't pay more than the £6/7m thats being banded about.

I wouldn't pay more than 5mil TBH Paul.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:42 pm

"Birmingham City winger Jermaine Pennant has insisted he is happy at the club despite continuing interest from Liverpool."

Thats all i really need to hear. He obviously isn't fussed about playing for us. I admire his loyalty to BC but it sounds like he is just happy to collect his pay and not have to fight for a team place. Not the sort of player i would like to see play for us.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:47 pm

Anfield rapper wrote:"Birmingham City winger Jermaine Pennant has insisted he is happy at the club despite continuing interest from Liverpool."

Thats all i really need to hear. He obviously isn't fussed about playing for us. I admire his loyalty to BC but it sounds like he is just happy to collect his pay and not have to fight for a team place. Not the sort of player i would like to see play for us.

Do you actually believe he means a statement like that ?

Of course he would love to sign for Liverpool but if he comes out and tells the world and then Rafa doesnt follow up the interest where would that leave him ? F'cked !

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Anfield rapper » Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:52 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Anfield rapper wrote:"Birmingham City winger Jermaine Pennant has insisted he is happy at the club despite continuing interest from Liverpool."

Of course he would love to sign for Liverpool but if he comes out and tells the world and then Rafa doesnt follow up the interest where would that leave him ? F'cked !

He wouldn't be f'cked at all. Any player who would want to improve and has any ambition would be well within their rights to want to move away from BC to a bigger club. I'm sure the BC fans would forgive him for saying he wanted to move on, its what happens when you get relegated. Your best players want to play in the prem.

We have been interested in him for a while now though, and time and time again he has said he's happy at BC. I believe he means it. He could quite easily have come out and said he wants to be playing Prem footie but he hasn't. In fact when they got relegated he stated that he was happy to be showing Steve Bruce the same loyalty he showed him.

Fair enough i admire him in a way, but on the other hand a footballers career is short and there are times when you have to make the best decission for you. Maybe he thinks BC is best for him, who are we to argue. I would however worry about his lack of ambition if he is happy to stay at BC when we are after him.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 3:35 pm

dawson99 wrote:
stmichael wrote:This deal is pretty much wrapped up. Birmingham haven't made it public yet but the fact is, Steve Bruce has already started looking for a replacement as we speak.

speaking of deals pretty uch done (wrong thread i know... but....)

quin next sunderland manager 3/1 with blue square, fill yer boots)

So where did u hear the pennant deal was done? a reliable sauce?  :idea

i hope some of you people filled yer boots :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:33 am

Blues put £8m price tag on Pennant

Jul 24 2006

By Colin Tattum, Birmingham Mail

BLUES are prepared to play it tough with Liverpool over Jermaine Pennant.

They have told the Reds that it will cost them around £8million for the winger.

As speculation mounted today that an improved offer of around £5million would be forthcoming, manager Steve Bruce made it clear Blues would hold out for the deal that suited them.

Blues stuck to their guns over striker Emile Heskey, for whom they asked £6million and received £3.5million - up front - from Wigan Athletic

Bruce confirmed - what the Birmingham Mail first revealed - that an offer of around £3.5million has already been rejected for Pennant.

"There has been one bid, not several," said Bruce. "We turned it down two, three weeks ago.

"We paid near enough £3million for him, we owe Arsenal 25 per cent of any sell-on, so we are not going to be selling him for £3.5million that's for sure.

"It's how far they are prepared to go. If they don't meet our valuation, then I suppose Liverpool will move on.

"It's like us with Gary McSheffrey, we will do exactly the same if Coventry City don't accept what we have offered."

Ideally, Bruce and Blues would like to keep Pennant but they are not naive. Following relegation he was always going to be one of the players targeted by Premiership clubs.

No doubt they have been considering a potential replacement if Liverpool do come up with the goods, with Sunderland's Julio Arca or Dean Whitehead probable candidates.

Meanwhile, winger Julian Gray was absent from the defeat by Spurs because of a leg injury he picked up in Blues' last match of their Spanish tour, against Malaga.

It was decided not to use midfielder Mehdi Nafti after he only reported back midway through the training camp in Marbella after being given extra time off due to his participation in the World Cup finals.

Defender Martin Taylor needed stitches inserted to his ankle on Saturday but the wound is not serious, said Bruce.

Defender Olivier Tebily, who has been laid low by a severe bout of tonsillitis, was today expected to resume full training with the first-team squad.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedWolf35 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:19 am

8 million

That spitting image puppet looking idiot is having a laugh

5 million maximum you rubber faced turd

:angry:
RedWolf35

Postby onizukaeikichi » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:22 am

i believe he's only worth2-4 mil
onizukaeikichi

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:24 am

Anfield rapper wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

He wouldn't be f'cked at all. Any player who would want to improve and has any ambition would be well within their rights to want to move away from BC to a bigger club. I'm sure the BC fans would forgive him for saying he wanted to move on, its what happens when you get relegated. Your best players want to play in the prem.

We have been interested in him for a while now though, and time and time again he has said he's happy at BC. I believe he means it. He could quite easily have come out and said he wants to be playing Prem footie but he hasn't. In fact when they got relegated he stated that he was happy to be showing Steve Bruce the same loyalty he showed him.

Fair enough i admire him in a way, but on the other hand a footballers career is short and there are times when you have to make the best decission for you. Maybe he thinks BC is best for him, who are we to argue. I would however worry about his lack of ambition if he is happy to stay at BC when we are after him.

So Pennant comes out and states ' I want to sign for Liverpool, i need to be in the top flight to further my career '

Then Rafa signs Alves as the rumours of Pennant were just something to force Seville's arm, so Pennant stays at Birmingham.
You think the Brum fans would think.....fair enough Jermaine we dont blame you, Liverpool are a great side and we are languishing in league one. B@LLOCKS.

They would think......we signed you when you were going nowhere, give you a chance to rebuild your career when nobody else was interested and now your deserting us when we need you most.
Like any fans would, and tbh if they didnt look at it that way, then they wouldnt love there club like we love ours.
Pennant has said what hundreds of footballers have said in the past.....just before they leave, the lads just covering his own back.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill