Frank rijkaard leave galatasaray - Well?....

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby mkingdom » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:21 pm

Yeh, just imagine how bad a manager must be to fail (never mind not just win things) with world class players in their squad.

Imagine if he had players like Gerrard, Torres, Cole, Kuyt, etc and was sat second from bottom, having been beaten by Northampton and Blackpool at home.

Not sure having "good players" means the manager's job is easy.  Roy is proving that.
mkingdom

Postby f9Torres » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:23 pm

mkingdom wrote:Yeh, just imagine how bad a manager must be to fail (never mind not just win things) with world class players in their squad.

Imagine if he had players like Gerrard, Torres, Cole, Kuyt, etc and was sat second from bottom, having been beaten by Northampton and Blackpool at home.

Not sure having "good players" means the manager's job is easy.  Roy is proving that.

that is right, but liverpool is not anyway best team in the league as barcelona was of the liga, by far. of course i think that rijkaard would be doing better than roy but hope you dont expect him to do same things he did in barcelona.
f9Torres

Postby laza » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:33 pm

Wouldnt be my choice and if Roy has to be replaced I like a little more time taken before that change happens.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:52 pm

HOW THE FECK CAN ANYONE THINK MON IS BETTER THAN RIJKAARD? :laugh:

I'm not even a fan of Rijkaard but come on! Pls give me a list of reasons...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:03 pm

Credit where credit is due, doesn't matter how good a squad you have, you have to make them gel, play as a team, set up tactics and make the right decisions. Everybody agrees that mourinho is a world class manager who won the league with the best squad in the premier league. Avam Grant didn't manage to do this with the same squad. Real Madrid flopped for many seasons despite arguably having the best players. The manager is the most important part of a team. Rijkaard did well at Barcelona and paved the way for guardiola.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby f9Torres » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:37 pm

maguskwt wrote:Credit where credit is due, doesn't matter how good a squad you have, you have to make them gel, play as a team, set up tactics and make the right decisions. Everybody agrees that mourinho is a world class manager who won the league with the best squad in the premier league. Avam Grant didn't manage to do this with the same squad. Real Madrid flopped for many seasons despite arguably having the best players. The manager is the most important part of a team. Rijkaard did well at Barcelona and paved the way for guardiola.

well the thing is that mourinho has won wherever he has been. he won uefa cup and champions league with porto. when last season started, no1 said inter was one of the best 3 teams in europe...in the other hand...if you see there are more differences... one has been always in the top, in 4 different leagues so far, the other just did it with 1 team in all his career.
f9Torres

Postby burjennio » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 pm

Not to take away from Mourinho but every club hes been at since and including Porto have been the biggest spending team in their domestic league. The two CLs however were a great achievement even if Inter did get a number of dodgy decisions going there way in the semi finals against Barca last season :p
burjennio

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:13 pm

maguskwt wrote:HOW THE FECK CAN ANYONE THINK MON IS BETTER THAN RIJKAARD? :laugh:

Agreed. What has he ever achieved?

IMO opinion he is in the same vein as Hodgson.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:13 pm

f9Torres wrote:
Reg wrote:Rijkaard: No thanks, I'm waiting for Capello.

Probably the best option, but do you think he will be sacked soon from England managing?

Can they exchange ?
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Anfield rapper » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:22 pm

I think Hodgson could be on his way out after the next 3 matches. My hope is that Dalglish will then come in save us from the drop (although i doubt we would go down with Hodgson) and give the new owners time to line someone else up if he feels he doesn't want to continue. I honestly think he should be our manager now and that Hodgson was a waste of money. Kenny could have been come in in a caretaker type roll just to keep the club stable this year. He would have got alot more respect from the players than Hodgson has had.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:26 pm

An exchange with the FA would be perfect . They can have the English manager they crave and we can have a truly world class club manager .
Benny The Noon

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Thewaykokid wrote:anyone really think ANY manager would take the job up right now? ???

Yeah, why the :censored: not?  They still get paid, don't they..
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:02 pm

maguskwt wrote:HOW THE FECK CAN ANYONE THINK MON IS BETTER THAN RIJKAARD? :laugh:

Rijkaard achieved more but with a completely different type of sq.  Martin on the other hand had a similar type of sq to us at Aston Villa and he didn't do too bad.  I suppose that both these guys are risky, but I'd go with Martin just because he knows the league better.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby zarababe » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:09 pm

HIDDINK PLEASE MR NESV !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redsoxfan » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:31 pm

Thewaykokid wrote:anyone really think ANY manager would take the job up right now? ???

I think any great, available manager would jump at this opportunity.

If he's been reading about NESV, he's got to be impressed with their potential as owners. He'd get paid well, inherit a fairly talented squad, and know that he'll have some transfer money. Plus he'll manage before passionate fans of a club with enormous history. He'd believe that he could improve the club's current dreadful standing.

If he's confident in his own abilities - and all good managers are - he'd relish the chance.

Back to the point, I agree with the skepticism of Rijkaard and prefer Pellegrini. He's good, won in multiple places, and is sitting home watching television right now. The only reason he is not still at Real Madrid is because they were drooling over Mourinho. He could be managing LFC by the weekend if they wanted him.
redsoxfan

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill