Roy Hodgson new West Brom manager

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:08 am

Dundalk wrote:anfieldonline:

LMA (League Managers Association) were up to 3am pleading with Liverpool FC to keep Roy Hodgson at Anfield.

If thats true, then the question has to be asked, where were they when Chris Hughton got the axe?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:20 am

LMA (League Managers Association) were up to 3am pleading with Liverpool FC to keep Roy Hodgson at Anfield.

Good for NESV for not listening to them... shows they got balls...  :buttrock
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:23 am

maguskwt wrote:

Good for NESV for not listening to them... shows they got balls...  :buttrock

Not really, if the LMA coughed up £300 million to make decisions on Liverpool, then by all means, they could do so. Seeing as they didnt however, there word means sod all !  :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby killerp » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:43 am

Ok Roy's gone, now what?
killerp

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:49 am

killerp wrote:Ok Roy's gone, now what?

Well now, our legend is in charge.

Whatever happens from here on in. All arguments will be resolved.

If Kenny proves to be successful then it isnt down to the players, it was down to the managers.

If Kenny proves to be unsuccessful then it is the players.

If we make the euro cup then the squad needs to be improved, and that Kenny hasnt lost it and that generally, the squad needs to be changed.

If we make the champions league, then Kenny has done well to salvage a lost season, got the best out of good players, and needs to invest in improving the squad.

Generally speaking, Kenny being the legend he is, is above all kinds of insults, impatience, and general disrespect. If we fail from now on, the blame is laid squarely on the players.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:26 am

Kharhaz wrote:

Well now, our legend is in charge.

Whatever happens from here on in. All arguments will be resolved.

If Kenny proves to be successful then it isnt down to the players, it was down to the managers.

If Kenny proves to be unsuccessful then it is the players.

If we make the euro cup then the squad needs to be improved, and that Kenny hasnt lost it and that generally, the squad needs to be changed.

If we make the champions league, then Kenny has done well to salvage a lost season, got the best out of good players, and needs to invest in improving the squad.

Generally speaking, Kenny being the legend he is, is above all kinds of insults, impatience, and general disrespect. If we fail from now on, the blame is laid squarely on the players.

burjennio

Postby Kharhaz » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:29 am

burjennio wrote:Image

Hahaha, we all are, we all know it !
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:31 am

WE BOUNCE,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:43 am

We will either rise or we will fall but at least we will do it united
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:15 am

"It is an unfair industry now,'' Ferguson told Key103. "Managers don't get the time to introduce their own philosophy or change trends, which were the reasons for giving them the job in the first place. When Liverpool chose Roy Hodgson, they did it on the back of his great experience at different clubs.

"But we are in a results industry. If you get a few bad results that can happen. I can't explain it and I don't think there is any point trying. Anyone who has any common sense understands the kind of football we have nowadays and the kind of pressure we are put under."

:laugh: what does he expect clubs to do when they are not performing as well as they should be?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby babu » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:03 am

Goodbye Roy.

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby alwayslfc » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:09 am

I have mixed feelings about King K being brought back. He had less than 24 hours to prepare for the tough United game. Even if Lvp get beat, pls don't blame it all on Kenny.

I'd say Kenny was v.brave to take up the job esp. your first game back is against the much hated and brilliant United at their backyard. Kenny is taking a huge risk in returning as he's putting his legendary status on the line and he's been out of management for 10 years and the performance of his last 2 clubs Newcastle and Celtic were mediocre. I fear he might has lost his touch. But then, he's definitely better than Roy.
alwayslfc

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:16 am

maypaxvobiscum wrote:"It is an unfair industry now,'' Ferguson told Key103. "Managers don't get the time to introduce their own philosophy or change trends, which were the reasons for giving them the job in the first place. When Liverpool chose Roy Hodgson, they did it on the back of his great experience at different clubs.

"But we are in a results industry. If you get a few bad results that can happen. I can't explain it and I don't think there is any point trying. Anyone who has any common sense understands the kind of football we have nowadays and the kind of pressure we are put under."

:laugh: what does he expect clubs to do when they are not performing as well as they should be?

Poor old :censored:, probably wanted us to get relegated under Roy.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby alxy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:41 am

Good luck Roy. He's probably a nice bloke and one that you would want to invite over for a cup of tea, but as Liverpool manager, he never cut it. So bye Roy and NO THANKS for all the memories.
alxy

Postby alxy » Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:44 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:"It is an unfair industry now,'' Ferguson told Key103. "Managers don't get the time to introduce their own philosophy or change trends, which were the reasons for giving them the job in the first place. When Liverpool chose Roy Hodgson, they did it on the back of his great experience at different clubs.

Poor old :censored:, probably wanted us to get relegated under Roy.

Exacto-mundo. Any Liverpool manager that Ferguson feels comfortable with is a manager that we don't want to have. We want our manager to make Fergie sweat and get all riled up. Just like we would feel comfortable if Houllier got appointed manager of ManU :)
alxy

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion