Roy Hodgson new West Brom manager

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby redhayesy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:06 pm

bavlondon wrote:Robbie Savage is a t.wat of the highest order

totally agree with you mate,i heard his comments aswell -total kn0b head that tw@t! i hope plenty give him sh1t for that later!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby mrt » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:20 pm

'but fair play to him he was one of the first to back us trying to get into the cl the year we did not make it by right.'

I know what you're getting at, lakes, but we qualified BY RIGHT as defending champs, surely.
mrt

Postby fivecups » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:32 pm

lfc.tv now - tony barrett, isj and mark* wright  - should be good.
Last edited by fivecups on Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:37 pm

lakes10 wrote:going by what has been posted on other forom its
Kenny, Rush , Barnes and thommo

can we register them to play?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:58 pm

supersub wrote:Sky Sports news and I quote : Question aimed at Phil Neal

"Liverpool is supposedly the home of the working man, Do you think it's hypocritical for Liverpool fans to get a man out of his job?"    :veryangry   

hatchet job on liverpool fans all weekend on sky, talksport and probably 5 live

I was afraid this was going to happen the way some have been carrying on towards Hodgson. Booing, calling for him to be sacked, "Hodgson for England" chants and singing KDs name.
Can we really expect people to respect us when we have been behaving like this at football matches and on forums, tv and radio shows?
Thommo's perm

Postby redhayesy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:47 pm

at the end of the day mate,i for one don't care if the fans of other clubs don't respect us for this senario about hodgson,let alone what tw@ts on 5 live sky etc have to say! they are not Liverpool suporters end of. so their opinion doesn't matter to me. they don't pay their hard earned money travelling around the country & Europe following LFC, i do so & so do many thousands of others do.

so their opinion is all i'm interested in & the majority & i really mean the majority have all agreed that enough was enough. for me hodgson was the only one who lost respect from the people that matter in all of this- the fans of LFC. his one comment that he made at the start of his reign as manager will haunt me for a very long time- 'i only hope that with my appiontment as manager of LFC will not effect my relationship with sir alex ferguson'

even if it was said tongue in cheek,you just do not say things like that! my point is this- in life, keep your mouth shut & let people think you are a tw@t, rather than open it & let people know you are a tw@t! & that i'm affraid sumed up hodgson every time he gave an interview before or after a game.

any way i'm so made up today i'm going to propose a toast to all on here who wish to join me.
so please raise your glasses ladies & gents to 'ONWARDS & UPWARDS'
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:07 pm

redhayesy wrote:at the end of the day mate,i for one don't care if the fans of other clubs don't respect us for this senario about hodgson,let alone what tw@ts on 5 live sky etc have to say! they are not Liverpool suporters end of. so their opinion doesn't matter to me. they don't pay their hard earned money travelling around the country & Europe following LFC, i do so & so do many thousands of others do.

so their opinion is all i'm interested in & the majority & i really mean the majority have all agreed that enough was enough. for me hodgson was the only one who lost respect from the people that matter in all of this- the fans of LFC. his one comment that he made at the start of his reign as manager will haunt me for a very long time- 'i only hope that with my appiontment as manager of LFC will not effect my relationship with sir alex ferguson'

even if it was said tongue in cheek,you just do not say things like that! my point is this- in life, keep your mouth shut & let people think you are a tw@t, rather than open it & let people know you are a tw@t! & that i'm affraid sumed up hodgson every time he gave an interview before or after a game.

any way i'm so made up today i'm going to propose a toast to all on here who wish to join me.
so please raise your glasses ladies & gents to 'ONWARDS & UPWARDS'

At the end of the day Roy did put his foot in it more often than not, due to naivity and ignorance rather than malice.
But I disagree with you about respect from others. Its easy to say "I dont give a sh'it what anyone thinks" but in reality we all do to a degree. Only children and knobs say that they dont care about others because they are trying to convince people they are hard or cool.
Part of the joy of being a supporter of LFC was knowing we were not only superior on the pitch but on the terraces as well. When I used to hear us being praised and admired by neutrals and competitors in the media it made me feel extra proud because we were unique. Call me old fashioned or a romantic, or even a gobsh'ite but I mean it.
Sadly over the last few years we have deteriorted as a group what with the yanks and Benitez and there has been something of a civil war between fans. Hopefuly KD coming back will unite the fans and the all important respect factor will come back and we will take our rightful place at the pinnacle of supporters.
Thommo's perm

Postby redhayesy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:30 pm

mate i am old school also & i do agree with you that i'm so proud to be a suporter of LFC so you in that respect you are not old fashioned. but my point is that over the last few years that as a FC we have had glory hunters as fans etc, forget all this bu11sh1t about super fans etc.

but the game has changed in that respect & sadly so has views from ex players,pundits, & tw@ts on the radio,tv etc that it makes my blood boil-cause they don't have any respect for LFC or it's suporters cause they have revelled in their so called knowledge of our club etc!

when you say thopefully KK will unite the fans etc, that is my point - iv'e never stopped suporting the club, but others have enjoyed & have happily critizes the club ie- the people i mention,neutrals,tv pundits,radio etc so their opinion counts for nothing as far as i'm concerned,cause their comments is why i don't give a shyte what they have to say anymore mate & i mean that.

our history has always earned respect from all who know anything about football so neutrals etc always did,but over the last few years that has disappeared & so has their respect for our club so that's why i say i don't give a shyte what others say about our FC anymore.

so hopefully in the not to distant future - the players & manager & everyone connected with the club can ram the critisim down their throats & say you can shove your new found respect for us as a FC etc.

i'm glad you are as old fashioned as me mate btw,it makes me feel great that i'm not the only al fart on here! :D
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:22 pm

Goodbye Roy. It didn't work and believe me I really wish it did, it wasn't working and this had to be done. I've got to admit I find the timing rather strange, if it was going to be done why not a little sooner after the Blackburn debacle?

Good look wherever you decide to take that final step in your career Mr Hodgson.

Take care of the England national team for us :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby PabloMedina28 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:29 pm

It says on the offical site it was mutual so does that mean we dont have 2 pay him? If he hasnt taken a penny off us hes got my respect back.
PabloMedina28
LFC Super Member

Postby dundreamin » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:31 pm

i really believe that Hodgson was placed by the vermin as a yes man. Kenny wanted the job in the summer but he would not put up with the vermin and do what Rafa done.ie stand up to the kunts. Anyway its ONWARDS AND UPWARDS
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:38 pm

andy_g wrote:

oh dont be getting me anymore exited than i already am , :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:52 pm

andy_g wrote:

OH COULD THEY PLAY!!  :buttrock  :buttrock
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tonyeh » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:10 am

Good bye Roy. It just didn't work out. Things could have been different if a number of circumstances were different, but in all reality it probably would never have been enough.

I said before Hodgson even got to Anfield that I couldn't see him last as Liverpool manager, but I had no idea that things could have gone so sour in the way they have. I think Roy's a decent manager and seems like a decent chap too and genuinely feel sorry for him and the situation he finds himself in. It cannot be easy for the guy. I can only thank him for the effort and hope he gets to shine in his next role.

It's great to see Kenny back, as I was in the chorus of shouting for him this time last year, when the other guy was making a balls of it too and now it's finally happened. There is certainly an awful lot of work to be done and I can only hope that Kenny is up to the job. It'll no doubt be a very difficult one. There's a lot of mending to be done and the squad, frankly, is still in bad shape with too many positions occupied by below average bodies. Kenny Dalglish's legacy will, no doubt, carry a lot of weight, but he won't be able to rely on that alone. It remains to be seen what else he can bring to the table of "today's" football.

Tomorrow's game is going to be a very interesting one.
tonyeh

Postby Dundalk » Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:05 am

anfieldonline:

LMA (League Managers Association) were up to 3am pleading with Liverpool FC to keep Roy Hodgson at Anfield.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion