RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue May 19, 2015 2:38 am

eds » Tue May 19, 2015 12:15 am wrote:RBG, you could say the EXACT same thing about Brendan Rodgers  :laugh:

I do mate ,and quite frequently !

I expect 'eventually' it will even dawn on the most hardened of his apologists ,in such that their numbers are shrinking with every performance that leaves
the fans of this club crippled with embarrassment  ???
Last edited by RED BEERGOGGLES on Tue May 19, 2015 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue May 19, 2015 3:07 am

Get rid of the runt, he's clearly suffering from delusions of grandeur.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue May 19, 2015 6:24 am

Let's not equate sterling to the likes of Owen, macca, suarez and torres leaving. He hardly made any impact the whole of this season. I'm actually pleased that he's over rated and we'll be getting a ton of money for him... Won't be missed at all...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue May 19, 2015 6:25 am

The reason is simple, he wants to leave because of BR, why would anyone want to play for a manager that is way, way out of his depth!

The money isn't even the main issue here despite what the Press and media journos' say. There is more going on behind the scenes, and it's to do with BR.

BR froze Lucas out, and he was preparing to leave in January because  of BR. He was persuaded to stay by others. Lucas gets fit and still doesn't get a look in. If Lucas goes, then Coutinho will soon follow.

Simple answer here is get rid of BR right now before LFC turn into a lower tier team. Bring in a top quality manager now, FSG know what to, so do it.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 19, 2015 10:13 am

I don't think anyone really cares if he goes TBH, including the club. What will irk them the most is the maingy fee they will get for him.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 19, 2015 10:15 am

Kash_Mountain » Tue May 19, 2015 1:25 pm wrote:The reason is simple, he wants to leave because of BR, why would anyone want to play for a manager that is way, way out of his depth!

The money isn't even the main issue here despite what the Press and media journos' say. There is more going on behind the scenes, and it's to do with BR.

BR froze Lucas out, and he was preparing to leave in January because  of BR. He was persuaded to stay by others. Lucas gets fit and still doesn't get a look in. If Lucas goes, then Coutinho will soon follow.

Simple answer here is get rid of BR right now before LFC turn into a lower tier team. Bring in a top quality manager now, FSG know what to, so do it.

Fecks sake man.... are you falling apart?

Samaritans helpline - www.samaritans.org/
Call us, any time, if you want to talk things through
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue May 19, 2015 10:45 am

Premier League - 'Bullied' Raheem Sterling 'will ask to quit Liverpool'

Raheem Sterling looks certain to leave Liverpool - and he will officially deliver the news to the club later this week, according to reports.
1 hour ago
Eurosport

Reports on Monday night claimed that England forward Raheem Sterling will tell Liverpool that he sees his future away from Anfield.

The BBC reported that Sterling and his representatives "will meet Reds chief executive Ian Ayre and Rodgers on Friday, when he is set to tell them he wants to go."

And it seems that his decision is set in stone: Sky also reported that Sterling "does not plan to sign a new deal", no matter what is put in front of him.

Sterling is said to have told Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers in person before the 1-1 draw at Chelsea earlier this month that he wanted to leave.

The player is under contract until 2017 and, if he opts not to sign a new deal, Liverpool will have to decide whether to cash in on one of their most prized assets or risk losing him for nothing at the end of his deal.

WHY STERLING IS LEAVING

For over a year, Sterling has been hailed as one of the greatest young talents in Europe. Aged just 20, he has drawn interest from clubs such as Real Madrid with his fine displays.

And with Liverpool still reeling from the loss of Luis Suarez last summer, Sterling seems to feel that the chance of a Premier League title with the Reds is a very remote.

But the latest reports suggest that it isn't just a matter of a young player wanting to move to a more successful club: Sterling is reportedly feeling "bullied" into signing a new deal, no doubt in reference to Brendan Rodgers publicly describing the tabled offer of £100,000-a-week as "incredible".

Yet while that money - £5 million a year - is vast, there is no doubt that Sterling could command at least as much at any of Europe's top clubs.

Furthermore, Sky reported that Sterling feels that Liverpool "have failed to protect him from negative headlines."

On that score, Liverpool are on solid ground: the two biggest controversies surrounding Sterling over the past 12 months revolve around unguarded comments by England manager Roy Hodgson, and Sterling's own decision to give an unsanctioned interview to the BBC earlier this year outlining his feelings. Neither were things that Liverpool had any control over.

LIVERPOOL LEGENDS URGING HIM TO STAY

Former Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher had some stern words for Sterling: "I'd be embarrassed to walk into training tomorrow and show my face to everyone. I wouldn’t want to go in. I wouldn’t want to show my face.

“For a 20-year-old kid to be taking on Liverpool over a contract…to the pit of my stomach that just winds me up and angers me. Raheem Sterling will obviously move.”

Departing Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard urged Sterling not to follow him out of the Anfield exit this weekend, but those pleas are likely to fall on deaf ears.

"My advice to Raheem is he needs a manager who is going to play him, to coach him, to believe in him," said Gerrard.

"I think there is no one better for him than Brendan Rodgers.

"I think he should sign a new deal. Brendan is a fantastic man manager, he puts a lot of time and effort into every player in the squad.

"The danger for younger players is they want it all too soon and go to another club and just become a number."

OUR VIEW

The truth is that Raheem Sterling probably burnt his bridges when he gave his interview to the BBC at the start of April.

What's more, it's perfectly possible that he fully intended to do so. Intended or not, the net result of all this is that by making himself a stone in Liverpool's shoe, he has made it far easier for the club to give in to his demands to leave.

While it's all pretty distasteful, we're not inclined to judge Sterling harshly over his refusal of a £100,000 a week deal. He is a valuable commodity, and what he earns is no more (or less) obscene than Justin Bieber or One Direction making millions as they cash in on their popularity.

It's also difficult to argue that he ought to stay at Liverpool for the sake of his development. As Martin Lawrence pointed out in a blog just three weeks ago, Rodgers has utterly failed to develop and improve his players over the past 12 months.

As for his clear desire to go to a club that is in contention to win the biggest trophies, including the Champions League? That is probably the biggest factor in Sterling's desire to leave - and the most understandable factor as well. Liverpool look a long way behind Chelsea, Arsenal and the two Manchester sides - and given their difficulties retaining their best players, it's almost impossible to see them attracting the personnel they'd need to close that gap any time soon.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 19, 2015 10:45 am

I actually think this is a good thing, I think the club would have been happy enough to bring in average plodders like Milner and Ings but now we are losing Sterling as well as Gerrard it may force their hand a bit.
Imo we should go for Konoplyanka, Kovacic and Yarmalenko, those 3 players would transform our team.
One thing is for certain and that is we'll soon know how ambitious the club is, if we are content on signing our rivals cast off's like Milner, Jovetic, Walcott etc then you know they are not really interested in trying to close the gap between us and the top teams.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Tue May 19, 2015 11:06 am

I'm sorry I didn't join Liverpool - Konoplyanka

17 May 2015 08:30:00
The Dnipro winger, who has played his part in the Ukrainian side's run to the Europa League final, says he regrets not being able to move to Anfield last January

Dnipro winger Yevhen Konoplyanka says he regrets not being able to join Liverpool last January.

The Reds tried to sign Konoplyanka right up until the 2014 winter transfer window closed, but came away empty handed despite lengthy negotiations.

And the Ukraine winger says he would have liked to make the move to Anfield, but hopes his side's upcoming Europa League final against Sevilla will ease the pain.

He told Sportske Novosti: "I am sorry I didn't join Liverpool when they wanted me but this Europa League final will help me get over that!"

Konoplyanka, alongside Nikola Kalinic, Bruno Gama, Douglas and goalkeeper Denys Boyko, has played all 14 of Dnipro's matches in their impressive run to the Warsaw final on May 27.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Tue May 19, 2015 11:13 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 19, 2015 9:45 am wrote:I actually think this is a good thing, I think the club would have been happy enough to bring in average plodders like Milner and Ings but now we are losing Sterling as well as Gerrard it may force their hand a bit.
Imo we should go for Konoplyanka, Kovacic and Yarmalenko, those 3 players would transform our team.
One thing is for certain and that is we'll soon know how ambitious the club is, if we are content on signing our rivals cast off's like Milner, Jovetic, Walcott etc then you know they are not really interested in trying to close the gap between us and the top teams.

Neither of the lads you mentioned will transform the team ,the Ukrainians guys are too of a liability and i never heard of this new Kovacic wonder.
Plunder the top 5 french league teams i say ,get a CB from Germany and that's it.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue May 19, 2015 1:03 pm

Reg » May 19th, '15, 10:15 wrote:
Kash_Mountain » Tue May 19, 2015 1:25 pm wrote:The reason is simple, he wants to leave because of BR, why would anyone want to play for a manager that is way, way out of his depth!

Fecks sake man.... are you falling apart?

Samaritans helpline - http://www.samaritans.org/
Call us, any time, if you want to talk things through

Reg, by all means, talk to the Samaritans if you wish, I know that I certainly don't need to speak to them. One thing though, stop believing 'everything' you read in the Press. The Press love BR because of the guff he comes out with so they have a ready made story. RS's case is  mostly down  to BR (and his agent)

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby red till i die!! » Tue May 19, 2015 1:20 pm

apparently ben smith has been saying that through various contacts he has in the club that Sterling might have penned if the bodge was removed. He is saying that their relationship isn't all it is cracked up to be.

I don't think many would be surprised at hearing that as most know that rodgers is a two faced cnut.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Tue May 19, 2015 1:34 pm

Oh I totally agree. Brodge tried to create his "empire" within Anfield without realising that's his castle are build on sands. He just won't get respect from players and we won't be able to recruit any big names players to play under a clueless nobody! Get rid of Brendan and we solved the biggest choke hold to our current predicament. While we're at it, the board and owner can pack up too
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Tue May 19, 2015 1:51 pm

only me » Tue May 19, 2015 10:13 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue May 19, 2015 9:45 am wrote:I actually think this is a good thing, I think the club would have been happy enough to bring in average plodders like Milner and Ings but now we are losing Sterling as well as Gerrard it may force their hand a bit.

Neither of the lads you mentioned will transform the team ,the Ukrainians guys are too of a liability and i never heard of this new Kovacic wonder.
Plunder the top 5 french league teams i say ,get a CB from Germany and that's it.

:Oo:  :laugh:
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue May 19, 2015 1:54 pm

Kash_Mountain » Tue May 19, 2015 5:25 am wrote:The reason is simple, he wants to leave because of BR, why would anyone want to play for a manager that is way, way out of his depth!

Are you really that naive and stupid?

Whether Rodgers is here or not has nothing to do with Sterling going. That's just power play from his agent. Hell, not long ago Sterling was giving interviews to the BBC very publicly crediting Rodgers for his improvement as a player and a person.

Welcome to modern football. A 20 year old who thinks he can hold Liverpool to ransom. Him saying we haven't protected him is laughable given his mid season holiday. Make him rot on 35K.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion